Rush R40 Tour Has Begun

saintargyll

Still no European / UK dates?

no and not even sure sure there will be any

reports are that this tour with 36 dates will be the last tour they are going to do of this magnitude

neil wants more time with his family plus apparently he has severe (cant spell it but some chronic soreness in his arms) understandable pounding them drums for 40 plus years

but they say they are still going to write and record

still you never know....we live in hope

new tour looks amazing and in reverse chronological order

no and not even sure sure there will be any

reports are that this tour with 36 dates will be the last tour they are going to do of this magnitude

neil wants more time with his family plus apparently he has severe (cant spell it but some chronic soreness in his arms) understandable pounding them drums for 40 plus years

but they say they are still going to write and record

still you never know....we live in hope

new tour looks amazing and in reverse chronological order

Ach well, seen them every tour since the Farewell to Kings tour in 1977, so if it's not to be, it's not to be. Can't complain. Shame though, because it would have been the SSE Hydro, not that shit-hole aircraft hangar the SECC.

Ach well, seen them every tour since the Farewell to Kings tour in 1977, so if it's not to be, it's not to be. Can't complain. Shame though, because it would have been the SSE Hydro, not that shit-hole aircraft hangar the SECC.

exactly !!!!!

i was sooo looking forward to seeing them there

as for shitty venues...ingleston anyone? hated it

exactly !!!!!

i was sooo looking forward to seeing them there

as for shitty venues...ingleston anyone? hated it

Ingliston was garbage. Saw Queen at the Apollo and they were brilliant, then saw them at Ingliston where the sound quality made the SECC sound like the sweetest concert venue on earth. The only gig I ever enjoyed at Ingliston was Rainbow, where Blackmore was on fire, and the sound was actually good.

Ingliston was garbage. Saw Queen at the Apollo and they were brilliant, then saw them at Ingliston where the sound quality made the SECC sound like the sweetest concert venue on earth. The only gig I ever enjoyed at Ingliston was Rainbow, where Blackmore was on fire, and the sound was actually good.

my first RUSH concert was the Apollo

if you listen closely you can hear me singing on the "exit stage left" album

Glasgow chorus "closer to the heart"

my first RUSH concert was the Apollo

if you listen closely you can hear me singing on the "exit stage left" album

Glasgow chorus "closer to the heart"

I was also in attendance at the Apollo and the band actually credit the Glasgow audience for singing along to closer to the Heart in the album credits. Fabulous memories :-)

Will no doubt have relayed this story before, but hey-ho! On the 1978 'Hemispheres' tour, Rush were staying at the Albany Hotel on Bothwell St. (There's a blast from the past!). A denim and patchouli oil crowd were milling around outside waiting for the chance of an autograph. Me and my two mates had a better plan in place though. The three of us dressed in suits and ties, and each of us took a briefcase, in which were copies of 'Kings' and 'Hemispheres', not papers and documents. However, we looked like we had business in the hotel, so we breezed in. Alex Lifeson was in the bar, and we approached, said hello and asked if he could sign our albums. He shook our hands, laughed, and applauded our cunning plan. He was a nice guy to talk to. Geddy turned up, and while quieter than Alex, added his signature to our album covers. After we left them to head out the hotel, Neil Peart appeared from the lobby elevator. While visibly perplexed at three spotty herberts in badly fitting suits whipping out copies of Rush albums from battered leather briefcases, he completed our set of signatures and headed off towards the bar. Still got those albums to this day. Prized posessions, happy memories.

Contact the PRS for royalties.

I widnae be in a rush to see this band nor your singing.

Dunno. I have wide ranging taste in music, but just never taken to this band.

But then if we all liked the same thing, the whole world would be Saints fans.

Exactly. I like a helluva' lot of rock music, but I just don't get the Rolling Stones. Just do not like them at all. Muse are another one - can't see the attraction at all, despite some folk telling me if I like Rush, I'll like Muse. I don't.

There's one modern rock band in particular that I rate as highly as any of my old-school favourites though - Stone Sour. What a fcuking band they are. Alter Bridge, Foo Fighters and Temperance Movement are good an' aw'.

Would be awfy' dull if we liked the same stuff. I love a lot of different stuff - Goldfrapp are one of my favourites, and the new Bryan Ferry album 'Avonmore' is a belter.

Contact the PRS for royalties.

I widnae be in a rush to see this band nor your singing.

Dunno. I have wide ranging taste in music, but just never taken to this band.

But then if we all liked the same thing, the whole world would be Saints fans.

Your EXACTLY right...doesnt make you a bad person

Yes. Great guitarist.

Seen him close up with Guns 'n Roses, Velvet Revolver and just as Slash. Outstanding.

Duff also plays Glasgow with his band Loaded.

Axl may be mentally unhinged, but there is no denying what a great front man he was with the original lineup.

I'm seeing slash at download this year. Like you i've seen him with GnR, Velvet Revolver and his solo stuff. Axl Rose was a fantastic front man but he lost the plot whereas slash has got better with age. He's good at choosing front men as well Scott Weiland and Myles Kennedy are superb too.

• 3 weeks later...
"Neil wants more time with his family plus apparently he has severe (cant spell it but some chronic soreness in his arms) understandable pounding them drums for 40 plus years."

He's got tendonitis apparently after 40 odd years of drumming and also reading last week that Lifeson's ten year arthritic condition is affecting his ability to play and tour as well.

He's got tendonitis apparently after 40 odd years of drumming and also reading last week that Lifeson's ten year arthritic condition is affecting his ability to play and tour as well.

As I am the forum expert on Foul I can tell you its because he is not spring chicken !

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint