Jim Goodwin

With Jim in the team we have looked easy to beat, disorganised, amateur, without ideas and seconds away from the heads of the entire team dropping in an instant. Without Jim in the team, more recently, we have at least looked organised and as if we're working as a unit. Jim has had numerous silly sending offs, I gave three examples above. He also constantly, not occasionally, loses his man, is out of position and exposes those around him. He needlessly gave away a corner versus Motherwell, he was absolutely incapable of tracking Commons in the recent home game versus Celtic (Commons was in the pocket, Jim was between our defence and the midfield) and he's even now at the point where he can't get there to make that "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES, Goody, Goody" inducing tackle.

Heck, its my firm belief that the issues we've had this season begin with him. His blaming others, his lack of ability, his piss awful distribution, his disciplinary record and those God f**king awful floaty free kicks.

Now we're getting somewhere.

Let's start with his "piss awful distribution" - it's my contention that he is a good passer of the ball. What prompts your rating of "piss awful"?

Lack of ability - nice cliche, not much substance.

His disciplinary record - that one where he's been booked once since New Year's Day? Eight yellows and a red in 28 starts this season isn't that bad, surely? Where are these numerous silly sendings off? Four in 159 games for Saints - hardly makes him the devil, unless you listen to the goons on Sportscene.

"With Jim in the team we've looked easy to beat, disorganised" - I'd put some of the "easy to beat" blame towards McAusland, who is a poor player and who's been polluting our team for far too long. We've lost eleven times by a single goal - I'd say our lack of attacking threat is more to blame, or at least as much to blame, for that than Jim Goodwin on his own...

"He constantly loses his man" - you posting that doesn't make it true unfortunately, but it's better than "I'd never heard of him or bought him in Football Manager" as an argument.

"He needlessly gave away a corner recently" - string him up. Have him hung drawn and quartered!

"He was incapable of tracking Commons" - the double footballer of the year last season? With 27 goals in 34 games? I suspect Jim's not alone in that shortcoming...

I see your argument, chiefly regarding him giving away a corner, not coping with the double footballer of the year, and his average of one sending off per season. I respectfully disagree with pretty much everything you've said. It's an angry post, which may have affected the judgement in some of your assertions.

Let's hope Goody is here next season. wink.png

No he didn't. Did you even read the f**king article before bashing your gums?

He got him in for a few days training and offered him a deal ONCE HE SAW HIM FOR HIMSELF.

Jim's to blame - no question. He's also responsible for appointing Tommy Craig, rejecting the English takeover bid and assasinating JFK...

Now we're getting somewhere.

Let's start with his "piss awful distribution" - it's my contention that he is a good passer of the ball. What prompts your rating of "piss awful"?

Lack of ability - nice cliche, not much substance.

His disciplinary record - that one where he's been booked once since New Year's Day? Eight yellows and a red in 28 starts this season isn't that bad, surely? Where are these numerous silly sendings off? Four in 159 games for Saints - hardly makes him the devil, unless you listen to the goons on Sportscene.

"With Jim in the team we've looked easy to beat, disorganised" - I'd put some of the "easy to beat" blame towards McAusland, who is a poor player and who's been polluting our team for far too long. We've lost eleven times by a single goal - I'd say our lack of attacking threat is more to blame, or at least as much to blame, for that than Jim Goodwin on his own...

"He constantly loses his man" - you posting that doesn't make it true unfortunately, but it's better than "I'd never heard of him or bought him in Football Manager" as an argument.

"He needlessly gave away a corner recently" - string him up. Have him hung drawn and quartered!

"He was incapable of tracking Commons" - the double footballer of the year last season? With 27 goals in 34 games? I suspect Jim's not alone in that shortcoming...

I see your argument, chiefly regarding him giving away a corner, not coping with the double footballer of the year, and his average of one sending off per season. I respectfully disagree with pretty much everything you've said. It's an angry post, which may have affected the judgement in some of your assertions.

Let's hope Goody is here next season. wink.png

Love this post. Jim must stay. For me Jim has looked at his game and has done what all fans wanted and watched his tackles and in doing so has put him maybe being to cautious but in order to get back up next year I would keep Jim definately.

For all you Jim haters if he goes he will be in the premier league probably at Dundee United. So we should keep.

Love this post. Jim must stay. For me Jim has looked at his game and has done what all fans wanted and watched his tackles and in doing so has put him maybe being to cautious but in order to get back up next year I would keep Jim definately.

For all you Jim haters if he goes he will be in the premier league probably at Dundee United. So we should keep.

Your funny.clap.gif

I think this will be my return to post at the end of next season, pure fantasy.

I think this will be my return to post at the end of next season, pure fantasy.

Don~t worry I will remind you if he goes but I pray he stays for obvious football reasons. Then again maybe I am being too harsh here as I have many years going back to the 60s from watching Saints and know what an important player such as Goodwin is needed in the lower leagues.

Will say something if he does go and not into the top league he will end up at one of our competitors only to comeback and bite our arse make no mistake about that.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Don~t worry I will remind you if he goes but I pray he stays for obvious football reasons. Then again maybe I am being too harsh here as I have many years going back to the 60s from watching Saints and know what an important player such as Goodwin is needed in the lower leagues.

Will say something if he does go and not into the top league he will end up at one of our competitors only to comeback and bite our arse make no mistake about that.

Jim Goodwin would play a massive role for us next season.

I really hope he stays. He, along with the young players already signed up could be the foundations of a decent championship squad.

Jim is definitely someone we want in our squad and not playing against us.

Jim Goodwin would play a massive role for us next season.

I really hope he stays. He, along with the young players already signed up could be the foundations of a decent championship squad.

Jim is definitely someone we want in our squad and not playing against us.

Couple of quick passes and he's out the game, much rather benefit than constantly suffer.

I noticed, thought it was strange that Teale didn't bring him on for at least a cameo appearance as there is a fair chance he may not play another home game for us and it would be a real shame if we didn't get to give him a proper send off. However, with Gow getting injured that may have messed up the plan as a forward needed to replace him.

I don't think I saw Goodwin out warming up once today so I thought it looked as if he knew he wouldn't be coming on.

My seat is right beside home dugout. Teale turned around To Davie Longwell about 3 mins into injury time and shouted Jim.....Longwell looked into dugout and shouted back "no there"[or words to that effect]. Def intent to put him on but he`d left.

My seat is right beside home dugout. Teale turned around To Davie Longwell about 3 mins into injury time and shouted Jim.....Longwell looked into dugout and shouted back "no there"[or words to that effect]. Def intent to put him on but he`d left.

We 'd already used our 3 subs by then.

Sadlier, Morgan and Arquin.

Don~t worry I will remind you if he goes but I pray he stays for obvious football reasons. Then again maybe I am being too harsh here as I have many years going back to the 60s from watching Saints and know what an important player such as Goodwin is needed in the lower leagues.Will say something if he does go and not into the top league he will end up at one of our competitors only to comeback and bite our arse make no mistake about that.

I don't understand, you keep saying that Teale should stay as he has found a winning formula. However that formula works with Goodwin dropped.

Is there anyone that you feel we should get shot of?