Tickets For Ibrox Sold Out

If St Mirren were to go under and be replaced with a club that play in the same stadium, with the same colours, and with the same (or even similar for arguments sake) name....... then I would still follow them.

And as far as I would be concerned, they would still be the same St Mirren.

There's going under... and there's going out of business due to...

... cheating by paying players sums that were illegal (and trying to hide those payments) ...

...plus not paying the taxes and National Insurance you'd collected from your employees.

I would think that most Buddies would be ashamed if our team was the latter and most would be hard put to support a tribute act that believed (through some miracle) that it hadn't died and that despite its shameful history, that it was worth believing it was the same club.

Reject past criminality and fraud and seek a fresh start... would be their sensible road ahead.

However, I'm perfectly at ease with the blue bigots desire to subsidise a seemingly unending stream of con men.

For their own good, they really NEED to raise their eyes above the levels of their knuckles...

There's going under... and there's going out of business due to...

... cheating by paying players sums that were illegal (and trying to hide those payments) ...

...plus not paying the taxes and National Insurance you'd collected from your employees.

I would think that most Buddies would be ashamed if our team was the latter and most would be hard put to support a tribute act that believed (through some miracle) that it hadn't died and that despite its shameful history, that it was worth believing it was the same club.

Reject past criminality and fraud and seek a fresh start... would be their sensible road ahead.

However, I'm perfectly at ease with the blue bigots desire to subsidise a seemingly unending stream of con men.

For their own good, they really NEED to raise their eyes above the levels of their knuckles...

You ACTUALLY believe this don't you?

Oh dear.

Well you are - but you make a valid statement. The away fans of both Old Firm teams seem hell bent on dragging the, dare I say Good name, of their clubs through the mire with their continued chanting. The away fans are usually the Buckfast Brigade that are wellies out their tits even for a 12:00 kick off.

We all have our own views on political & religious issues but I can't stand them being aired at football matches.

One big flaw in this statement.

There is NO such thing as "both" old firm teams. One died.

One died ages ago.

Edited by stlucifer

We used to get considerably more.

Why do they only want to give 900 away tickets anyway? Its not like the home end is exactly packed nowadays.

"As long as I get my ticket then I won't be complaining"

Are you a Tory voter by any chance?

Why must you drag Politics into every thread? There is no need for this kind of question in a thread like this. I don't know you but I'm guessing from this question that you were a "Yes" man and you still haven't got over the "result". Let it go, man. Just let it go.

Yes you are.

There are thousands upon thousands of good upstanding citizens who support Rangers. Many of whom are personal friends of mine.

There are some people who are scumbags of course.

Indeed. One of our neighbours has supported Rangers all his life. He's in his eighties now and doesn't go as much as he once did but a nicer old gentleman you would not meet. In fact, despite him being old enough to be my grandfather, when I as off work after I was involved in an accident, he would offer to take me to places like the shops and other places that I couldn't get to myself for a while. There is no need to tar all supporters with the one brush. Can you imagine what supporters of other teams' think of St. Mirren fans when they read the daft shite posted on here everyday by Faraway, Shull, Insaintee and the other diddymen? I hate to think what they must think.

Edited by iTony

If St Mirren were to go under and be replaced with a club that play in the same stadium, with the same colours, and with the same (or even similar for arguments sake) name....... then I would still follow them.

And as far as I would be concerned, they would still be the same St Mirren.

The difference though is that we haven't won a whole raft of honours and so have nothing to brag about.

Bragging rights, in football, is a big deal. Particularly for big successful clubs.

Fans of other clubs will, forever more, remind them that they have won F**k all!

Good post.... from another - who is unable to write correctly in it. tongue.png

I didn't think you of all people would take the bait, Bluto. tongue.png

Seriously though, I know I make some "typos". The majority of people on here do, including your good self, Bluto. I just think it's laughable a guy who makes more mistakes than most on here is going around telling people to "type in English" please. Still, it's good to see all that money spent on people's education has paid off.

Please don't quote one half of the looney brothers......................there's no proof needed he's a walloper. thumbup2.gif

Dearie me, pleading for "back-up" and posting "please be my friend" pleas! lol.gif We all know you read my posts anyway. Your PMs are a dead giveaway - "Please stop picking on me and telling everyone about my love of men, I'll be your pal if you stop it". lol.gif

I don't know what you're on about me being one half of the "looney brothers"; my Brother doesn't post on here (anymore). I would have thought, given your encyclopaedic knowledge of my family, you would have known this...Oh, wait!