Scottish Independence Model Is Dead

Stuart Dickson

Go tell this to the thousands in Aberdeen and surrounding area who have lost their jobs due to the falling oil prices. Yes the same people who were told they would be protected by the broad shoulders of the UK. Ask them in the run up to Christmas how heroic they feel. What about the millions saving into pensions who have seen billions stripped from their funds as the arse has fallen out the stock market. The UK "economy" is non existent. A myth fueled almost totally by consumer spending on credit. Manufacturing output is falling, there is no actual growth just yet another boom and bust cycle being encouraged by artificially low interest rates. It's all going to end in another massive nosedive when interest rates are forced to rise.

Jeez, don't do that to me. I thought I'd missed the big stock market crash of 2015. Then I had a wee look around the usual money websites. UK economy is back in inflation - good news, European Markets jump - good news, UK house prices rising strongly - good news. Indeed I checked this out on Yahoo Finance.

post-306-0-85454500-1450212530_thumb.png

That appears to be good news too. It looks like the FTSE 100 at least is climbing steadily as it should do.

I don't know where you are getting your doom and gloom predictions from. Even the unemployed oil workers can enjoy the cheaper petrol prices rolleyes.gif

You just look like one of those Nationalists who are so proud of their country, so concerned about the welfare of our citiizens that you wish they were all in poverty just so your agenda could gain some tractions. What a sad position to be in.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Go tell this to the thousands in Aberdeen and surrounding area who have lost their jobs due to the falling oil prices. Yes the same people who were told they would be protected by the broad shoulders of the UK. Ask them in the run up to Christmas how heroic they feel. What about the millions saving into pensions who have seen billions stripped from their funds as the arse has fallen out the stock market. The UK "economy" is non existent. A myth fueled almost totally by consumer spending on credit. Manufacturing output is falling, there is no actual growth just yet another boom and bust cycle being encouraged by artificially low interest rates. It's all going to end in another massive nosedive when interest rates are forced to rise.

£115 a barrel the fat man said. New oil boom ahead the fat man said. 300k for every man woman and child in scotland they told us.

And quite a few f**king idiots believed them. And still do.

cretins

What was the Westminster latest forecast regarding the Brent Crude Oil price per barrel?

Oh and didn't the Chancellor once say we're going to be deficit free by the end of this year. How's that panning out, to the nearest billion will suffice?

Reynard exits stage left.

How can any Nationalist even dare broach the subject of economics, finance or anything else. FFS you couldn't even be consistent on what currency you were going to use if Scotland became independent. And the oil predictions from the SNP were so ridiculous even their own paid experts quickly distanced themselves from it.

Lets not forget it was Alex Salmond who denied that the Global Financial Crash was happening. He actually went public to claim that RBS - whose disastrous take over of ABN Amro had his full backing - was being pulled down by nasty spivs and speculators trading on the stock market and he did so whilst Alastair Darling was in crisis talks with Freddy Goodwin trying to work out how the f**k the government could save the bank such was the mauling it was taking.

Guest TPAFKATS

All the tax take from oil currently goes to hm treasury in London. If Scotland was independent 100% of the oil tax would come to Scottish Government.

So can someone tell me how low does the oil price need to go before Scotland would be worse off managing it's own oil monies?

All the tax take from oil currently goes to hm treasury in London. If Scotland was independent 100% of the oil tax would come to Scottish Government.

So can someone tell me how low does the oil price need to go before Scotland would be worse off managing it's own oil monies?

Ok, lets make it simple for you. The SNP predicted total North Sea oil revenues next year would be worth £7.9Bn. In reality the figure near year will be much closer to £600m. Why don't you dig out your wee copy of the White Paper from last year and see how the costings work out now. :rolleyes:

£115 a barrel the fat man said. New oil boom ahead the fat man said. 300k for every man woman and child in scotland they told us.

And quite a few f**king idiots believed them. And still do.

cretins

No one is questioning those guestimates were wrong but it's still not an excuse for the like of Dickson to basically laud the fact that the global drop in oil prices is causing thousands of Scots to lose jobs on a monthly basis and billions to be wiped off share prices and pension funds. The UK has no economy to speak of. The Tories are being propped up economically off the back of consumer spending fuelled by record low interest rates that are simply not sustainable. They know the minute interest rates start to rise the country will be drowning in a see of debt and their extension of policies like right to buy and 1st time buyers schemes is only going to make that worse. It will all explode in their face as soon as interest rates rise. But hey we still have that age old Brittish distraction tactic of a wee bombing campaign somewhere.

Mr Dickson won't like that Tony

#SNPbad

Edited by cambiebud

You're right. Its nothing new on here. It was stated many times by me, nosferatu, Reynard, Rick and Bluto amongst others that the SNP White Paper was a work of utter fantasy. Zurich Allen also ripped apart the case for EU Membership as outlined in the White Paper.

You, Coward, Clueless and the Sudo Intellectual Pygmy attempted to resolutely defend the White Paper and all its assertions. Coward is even on record claiming Scotland would be richer if it was independent. :rolleyes:

Its not new but it's nice to see at least one author admitting the SNP were guilty of deception. Thank f**k for the 55% that saved Scotland.

The brains trust of BWA is revealed !!!

You do have to wonder exactly what the SNP have to do to lose support in the country.

It's been a rough time for them and yet they are still increasing their appeal.

I wonder when the other parties will twig that the SNP have managed to persuade most of the voting population that only they stand for Scotland and that every time Labour or the Tories open their mouths about the NHS and the Forth Road Bridge, more and more people are seeing this not as an attack on the SNP but as an attack on Scotland itself.

It's incredible to watch this.

Guest TPAFKATS

I love hearing how much of a one party state Scotland is now, what were we under SLab rule?

A one party state with about 95% of the media against said party. How is that even possible?

It's almost as if the brainwashing has been effective:

http://www.tns-bmrb.co.uk/press-release/snp-shrugs-opposition-attacks-increase-holyrood-poll-lead

Doesn't seem to matter what happens, support just seems to increase. Cultish behaviour from the people of Scotland, just one letter removed from the past behaviours exhibited towards them by the London based parties.

Edited by salmonbuddie