Scottish Independence Model Is Dead

Stuart Dickson

So you know of totally different and not at all similar cases where social housing was created from private properties. That's good to know.

I was responding to Tony's post not yours. He said he was unaware of any scheme that existed to return repossessed ex council houses back to council stock. I'm just being helpful. Ofcourse I have no problem with the fact that this MP has purchased repossessed houses and added them to her property portfolio to rent out. It's just a shame that she is such a hypocrite when it comes to denying others the opportunities that she so clearly profited from.

The inherited house was bought by her Grandmother as a Right To Buy property. She benefited from this and it has allowed her to increase her property portfolio. As I said repeatedly she would be my poster girl (even though I have no idea what she looks like) as the classic beneficiary of the superb Right To Buy programme introduced by the best UK Prime Minister ever to enable social mobility from the working classes. Where I take issue with what she has done is that having taken full advantage of the scheme, she now speaks out against Right To Buy and her party is denying others the same opportunity.

Bluto and Oaksoft don't represent me or my views and I doubt they are even trying to. :rolleyes:

She's actually very nice. I have met her a few times.

I can introduce you if you like!

;)

She's actually very nice. I have met her a few times.

I can introduce you if you like!

;)

I've met nice Natsi's before. I've even got some friends that are Natsi's - rabid Natsi's even. So it doesn't surprise me there may be a nice one at Westminster. My local one is supposed to be nice too - thick as f**k of course and an idiot that was prepared to defend a Mother who had abandoned her kids in her case with the CSA, but nice all the same. They just all seem to have the same personality flaw though where independence overrules their morals everytime.

I've met nice Natsi's before. I've even got some friends that are Natsi's - rabid Natsi's even. So it doesn't surprise me there may be a nice one at Westminster. My local one is supposed to be nice too - thick as f**k of course and an idiot that was prepared to defend a Mother who had abandoned her kids in her case with the CSA, but nice all the same. They just all seem to have the same personality flaw though where independence overrules their morals everytime.

Bloody hell... That last one sentence just beautifully sums up and explains half the threads on this forum and explains my missing "friends" on Facebook who prefer to talk to people who agree with their every word.

The inherited house was bought by her Grandmother as a Right To Buy property. She benefited from this and it has allowed her to increase her property portfolio. As I said repeatedly she would be my poster girl (even though I have no idea what she looks like) as the classic beneficiary of the superb Right To Buy programme introduced by the best UK Prime Minister ever to enable social mobility from the working classes. Where I take issue with what she has done is that having taken full advantage of the scheme, she now speaks out against Right To Buy and her party is denying others the same opportunity.

Bluto and Oaksoft don't represent me or my views and I doubt they are even trying to. :rolleyes:

her GRANDMOTHER was the beneficiary of Right to Buy as slarti says.

either way, the source of that housing is not important.

obsessing on that aspect allows tony and slarti to take a defensive position.

you have allowed them to totally derail your point.

you are no good at strategic arguing are you?

so busy focussing on your iwn argument that you are not actually hearing their side.

i can see their point and i have side stepped it.

thats why you are not winning the argument on this but i am.

it why you never win ANY argument on here. you are not interested in debate. you are only interested in bludgeoning people with your own viewpoint.

learn from me.

ffs.

Edited by oaksoft

Bloody hell... That last one sentence just beautifully sums up and explains half the threads on this forum and explains my missing "friends" on Facebook who prefer to talk to people who agree with their every word.

to be fair when it comes to politics you are just as bad.

neither you nor dicko has acknowledged tony and slarti on their point about them taking a position of not condemning her.

several times they have explained this and you keep accusing them of defending her.

you are not listening to them or not understanding the subtlety of their argument.

maybe your missing facebook friends tire of talking to people who wont listen to them and show understanding of their position.

i see no difference whatsoever between you and dicko on one hand and the nationalists you claim to despise on the other.

extremists of all kinds are as bad as each other.

f**k me i have dealt out a healthy dose of wisdom tonight :-)

Circa would include the four years before and after in your case. If you consider a nine year period to be "circa" when you are talking about something so recent then you are deluded - f**k, forgot who I was replying to.

If it was bluto reminiscing about the Boer War then that time period might be acceptable ...

thats an error bar of around 9 years out of 21 :-D

nice going for dicko.

his arithmetic is getting better.

her GRANDMOTHER was the beneficiary of Right to Buy as slarti says.

either way, the source of that housing is not important.

obsessing on that aspect allows tony and slarti to take a defensive position.

you have allowed them to totally derail your point.

you are no good at strategic arguing are you?

so busy focussing on your iwn argument that you are not actually hearing their side.

i can see their point and i have side stepped it.

thats why you are not winning the argument on this but i am.

it why you never win ANY argument on here. you are not interested in debate. you are only interested in bludgeoning people with your own viewpoint.

learn from me.

ffs.

Ach you're right. I've got Slartibartfast on ignore. I find him mind numbingly dull - same with his pal Coward. Putting him on ignore makes the forum look so much more interesting. Sometimes I do click on that link to read what he's saying, sometimes I don't. I guess it depends on how bored I'm feeling in that particular moment.

I do listen to Tony. He's an abhorrent Natsi but he's nowhere near as dull as Coward and Slartibartfast - who are the only two I have on ignore currently. Sometimes I'll respond to him engaging in his debate. More often I just think he's wrong and decide there's no point in ceding ground.

BTW does anyone else find it a bit weird that Dr Cameron here can build her property portfolio whilst her husband files for bankruptcy claiming he's got less than £10,000 in assets and earns minimum wage - especially when he's working for his wife? I wonder how many creditors he let down and who they were. If they were divorcing under Scots law he'd have a claim on her property as marital assets but it appears he was allowed to become bankrupt without any consideration against these assets.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

lol.gif: lol.gif: lol.gif:

What a way to get out of donating £100 to charity. If Carlsberg did excuses ...

I've no idea what you are talking about but for the record - this week I donated £250 to charity - split equally between McMillans (A sponsorship of my girlfriend who did the loony dook on New Years Day) and to Sense, a charity that was very close to my Dads heart in lieu of posting Christmas Cards this year. I hope you too have been in charitable spirit and you can detail all the charities you have donated to this week....rolleyes.gif

Edited to add - this is £246 more than he put in for the whole of 2014. He had pledged to donate all of his First Minister pension to the charity every year but it appears he forgot. Nice huh....rolleyes.gif

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I see Nicola Sturgeon was put on the defensive yet again - this time claiming that Ruth Davidson wasn't being fair when she asked why the Scottish Government had failed to pay out a penny of the £5m given by Westminster to the Scottish Government to aid victims of the recent floods. The SNP response after crying "you're no being fair ya big bad bully" was that they weren't ready to spend the money cause they didn't know what to spend it on. I'm sure that's of cold comfort to those swimming in their living room whilst their neighbours fortunate enough to live just over the border in England have already had their payouts. Bizarrely John Swinney appeared to know what he was spending it on though cause he'd already announced that £4m was being given to affected Local Authorities to pass on council tax rate cuts to those in affected areas. Where the other £1m has disappeared to is anyone's guess although no doubt it will emerge that Alex Salmond will have used it for yet another expensive week long family holiday to the US - at least it spares us all from having to fight the flood of pish he comes away with. rolleyes.gif

And I see that COSLA - the umbrella group covering all Scottish Local Authorities have reacted with "puzzlement" to the news that John Swinney claimed that £235m of funding had been made available to local authorities for 42 new flood protection schemes payable over the next 5 years.. COSLA said in their statement that they they were unaware of any promise of funding out with the next financial year.

And on top of that it's also emerged that Swinney cut funding to SEPA by 6% in his September budget. SEPA of course run the flood forecasting service in Scotland. Swinney has been defending those cuts and rejected calls from Labour for a review into flood protection in Scotland. Swinney claimed "there was no need cause the Scottish Government had passed a law in 2009 on flood protection". Well that bit of paper certainly did it's job then didn't it John...... rolleyes.gif

Fighting for Scotland my arse!

Edited by Stuart Dickson

You do know the cut to the EA budget was significantly more, don't you?

http://www.endsreport.com/article/41653/environment-agency-cuts-surviving-the-surgeons-knife

Fekkin natsis, cutting the budget to England & Wales's flood forecasting service, it's a disgrace.

This is a good example of why no-one takes you seriously and demonstrates exactly what oaky was trying to educate you about. Ever the optimist is oaky...

Edited by salmonbuddie

I've no idea what you are talking about but for the record - this week I donated £250 to charity - split equally between McMillans (A sponsorship of my girlfriend who did the loony dook on New Years Day) and to Sense, a charity that was very close to my Dads heart in lieu of posting Christmas Cards this year. I hope you too have been in charitable spirit and you can detail all the charities you have donated to this week....rolleyes.gif

Edited to add - this is £246 more than he put in for the whole of 2014. He had pledged to donate all of his First Minister pension to the charity every year but it appears he forgot. Nice huh....rolleyes.gif

Is there anything worse than someone who gives to charity and then openly boasts about it?

And on top of that it's also emerged that Swinney cut funding to SEPA by 6% in his September budget. SEPA of course run the flood forecasting service in Scotland. Swinney has been defending those cuts and rejected calls from Labour for a review into flood protection in Scotland. Swinney claimed "there was no need cause the Scottish Government had passed a law in 2009 on flood protection". Well that bit of paper certainly did it's job then didn't it John...... rolleyes.gif

Fighting for Scotland my arse!

This is the bit I was replying to (forgot to include the quote) where he also confuses flood forecasting and flood protection.

You do know the cut to the EA budget was significantly more, don't you?

http://www.endsreport.com/article/41653/environment-agency-cuts-surviving-the-surgeons-knife

Fekkin natsis, cutting the budget to England & Wales's flood forecasting service, it's a disgrace.

This is a good example if why no-one takes you seriously and demonstrates exactly what oaky was trying to educate you about. Ever the optimist us oaky...

You know I might be wrong but I am sensing my efforts with him may not bear as much fruit as I had initially hoped.

There is. Someone who CLAIMS to have given to charity and openly boasts about it.

What is £250 as a % of his £150k night watchman salary? 0.17%, so generous. It'll be tax deductible, too.

He also thinks that he hasn't sent Christmas cards this year. I would have thought that it would be about 11 months too early to do that, anyway.

Careful now..

That £250 charitable gift was only for one week, if I read Herr dixon's post correctly - and I do.

You can't diss someone's logic, if your own is not on solid ground.

Ok. You can, but you shouldn't.

Guest TPAFKATS

BTW does anyone else find it a bit weird that Dr Cameron here can build her property portfolio whilst her husband files for bankruptcy claiming he's got less than £10,000 in assets and earns minimum wage - especially when he's working for his wife? I wonder how many creditors he let down and who they were. If they were divorcing under Scots law he'd have a claim on her property as marital assets but it appears he was allowed to become bankrupt without any consideration against these assets.

If only there were some journalists out there who had an interest in this story...

Guest TPAFKATS

McMillan's the bakers, not sure that's charity. I donated 8 quid to greggs last month :-)

Guest TPAFKATS

Have a listen to yesterday's FM questions between Sturgeon and Davidson, you'll realise his post is the usual inaccurate shite.

Ruthie asked where the £5million was going. Nicola said she wouldn't say yet as there was still an ongoing risk of other areas being flooded. She added that there might be a need to commit more than £5million.

I also heard an interview with the guy from sepa a couple of days ago on radio shortbread where he explained that the 6% cut was in common with other debts and would be found through efficiency savings and it wouldn't affect any flood prevention work.

I post this in the interest of clarity and balance, not to defend or support an individual or political party.

Where did I say that?

You are just trying to get me to mention a number so you can say that I am doing the same as you.

Maybe I gave nothing, maybe I gave thousands of pounds. Maybe I do regular charitable volunteer work, maybe I don't do any at all. None of this, of course, is any of your f**king business.

Unlike you, I don't feel the need to let people know if and when I do a good deed. If you need applause, cheers and a pat on the back, that is your choice/weakness/character flaw. You really are a sad little man.

Why do you think I was First Minister?

Says the guy who spent hours on Christmas day boasting about his work life balance :lol: