What would you spend £8K on?

div

2 minutes ago, Cairters_Corner said:

Excellent. Crowdfunding could be an option, local businesses to sponsor each shelter- excellent PR for them or could be funded by the SMISA funds. Guessing the shelters would be put in the corners?

Yes.Basically they are bus shelters on wheels.Disabled supporters who would be in the front rows of the West Stand would in inclement weather be transported to these portable shelters.Obviously we have to make sure they do not impair emergency services should a major incident occur during a match.

It will be  10 wheel chair users and 10 carers.We are still looking at portable shelters which can be used by fans who do not wish to be in the main stand.Anyone with suggestions to fund these are welcome.They would cost around £2500.

Yes, let's use the first £8k get 2 of these & at least have some provision until the main stand is sorted.

That would be a good use of the first £8k.

I see posters talk of a "platform" for disabled supporters & a debate of a metal structure or a concrete structure.

In a stadium that has never sold out, couldn't the back 2 rows of seats {row M & N I think )of a section in the main stand be removed and the front row (of the 2 rows) be built up to form a concrete platform for wheelchairs to be pushed onto. Seats could be re-sited for the person accompanying to sit alongside the wheelchair user. Access through the main stand using the lift in the stand to get up to that level.

as for the £8K SMISA has burning a hole in its pockets, save it. Better to build up a decent fund that can be utilised more meaningfully than spend every little pot of cash generated on small projects.

10 hours ago, northendsaint said:

It will be  10 wheel chair users and 10 carers.We are still looking at portable shelters which can be used by fans who do not wish to be in the main stand.Anyone with suggestions to fund these are welcome.They would cost around £2500.

As I mentioned previously, the fans council posted on Facebook a few months ago they had some excess cash and were looking for projects to fund. If they still have the cash this would seem the perfect thing for it to be spent on.

3 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

I see posters talk of a "platform" for disabled supporters & a debate of a metal structure or a concrete structure.

In a stadium that has never sold out, couldn't the back 2 rows of seats {row M & N I think )of a section in the main stand be removed and the front row (of the 2 rows) be built up to form a concrete platform for wheelchairs to be pushed onto. Seats could be re-sited for the person accompanying to sit alongside the wheelchair user. Access through the main stand using the lift in the stand to get up to that level.

as for the £8K SMISA has burning a hole in its pockets, save it. Better to build up a decent fund that can be utilised more meaningfully than spend every little pot of cash generated on small projects.

I'm guessing there will be a range of options for fans to vote on, some costing relatively little that could be done immediately and others costing a fair bit more that would require the cash to be saved up for a while. Bit like when you collect reward card points - you can spend them immediately on something small or save up for a big prize.