The Demise Of The SNP

Stuart Dickson

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I do like the comments section of that report where someone called Holyrood the "Shortbread Senate". That is actually quite funny.

As for the story itself, you really need to find a new hobby. Hatred will eat you alive.

I would like to know why any government is criticised over IT when anyone who actually knows about software knows that it is the company involved who is to blame. Do you believe Sturgeon is logging onto the servers in her spare time and f**king around with the error handling routines?

For a living, I write calculations for my company's systems and then test that the developers build said calculations correctly.

My company has a team of around 20 people who work full time attempting to fix the errors resulting from said work... :D

1 hour ago, mcdowell76 said:

For a living, I write calculations for my company's systems and then test that the developers build said calculations correctly.

My company has a team of around 20 people who work full time attempting to fix the errors resulting from said work... :D

For the record then, are ANY of those bugs directly attributable to our First Minister's appalling handling of routines in Java or C++?

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

"if" she goes, she will return at the "endif" she lasts that long.

47 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

I'm going to "run" along to a proper pun thread

Don't blame you.

those two are soon gaunie loop up their ain bums.

it can be very iterating...

Hmm.

Pissing with your erection again?

FIFY, Slarti. That's why it's a pile of wanky pish...

22 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

As the SNP move to make Scotland the highest taxed country in the UK news breaks that one of it's most prominent MP's didn't pay her taxes

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14970256.Tens_of_thousands_in_unpaid_PAYE_triggered_bankruptcy_case_against_SNP_MP/?ref=mr&lp=1

What a scummy party. 

Where does it say she didn't pay her taxes?

That article is about her Limited Company.

Oh hang on you are confusing the taxes of a Limited Company and the taxes of the person right?

Yeah I thought so. You have never run a proper business before. I keep forgetting.

As the SNP move to make Scotland the highest taxed country in the UK news breaks that one of it's most prominent MP's didn't pay her taxes
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14970256.Tens_of_thousands_in_unpaid_PAYE_triggered_bankruptcy_case_against_SNP_MP/?ref=mr&lp=1
What a scummy party. 

What a pile of wanky pish...

Guest TPAFKATS
Reads to me like its the article that has confused the taxes of a Limited Company with the taxes of the person

It's what newspapers do, assuming that most readers don't get past the sensational headline.

The Daily Heil are very adept at it, usually continuing with the falsehoods until the last couple of paragraphs where an explanation or quote from the named party is provided for 'balance'.

Of course they assume most 'readers' don't get that far as they just scan the stories.

I expect it more from the tabloids than broadsheets though.

6 hours ago, tony soprano said:

It's what newspapers do, assuming that most readers don't get past the sensational headline.

The Daily Heil are very adept at it, usually continuing with the falsehoods until the last couple of paragraphs where an explanation or quote from the named party is provided for 'balance'.

Of course they assume most 'readers' don't get that far as they just scan the stories.

I expect it more from the tabloids than broadsheets though.

I'm well aware of that.

16 hours ago, mcdowell76 said:

The headline

Which does not tie up with the article. If the headline is right then the article is wrong. If the article is right then the headline is wrong.

You can be certain that Dicko doesnt understand the difference between company tax and personal tax.

Edited by oaksoft

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:11 AM, oaksoft said:

Which does not tie up with the article. If the headline is right then the article is wrong. If the article is right then the headline is wrong.

No shit Sherlock.

However, you are just at it here.

My old man owned 100% of the shares in a limited company for over 20 years. If he had decided to stop paying the PAYE and been taking chunks of cash out the business before he called it a day, then let's face it, we all know that it would have been down to him personally.

That's the point of the article here.

You can be certain that Dicko doesnt understand the difference between company tax and personal tax.

Dickson didn't write the article.

Definitely in demise....................:whistle

Yet the remarkable thing after this tumultuous year, which many forecast would mark the beginning of the end for the SNP, is that the party remains the dominant force in Scottish politics – by a mile. Its standing in the headline Westminster and Holyrood polls has rarely dipped below 50 per cent. This has been confirmed on the ground in a string of local by-election victories most recently in the former Labour heartlands of Fife.

By any standards this is extraordinary. In a few months, the SNP will be celebrating 10 years in office. For a governing party to be this popular for this long is almost unique in UK political history. Even successful administrations generally suffer bouts of unpopularity in mid term and there are compelling reasons for this.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/columnists/iain_macwhirter/14973553.Iain_Macwhirter__For_a_governing_party_to_be_this_popular_for_this_long_is_almost_unique_in_UK_political_history/