Middle class footballers

Paisley brazilians

Is the reason for our national sides diminish down to cash flow and time.at £10 a week for a kid to attend a local football club plus transport to and from training and games is this putting strain on parents at boys club level.and if they end up in an academy then maybe the financial constraints are relieved but you still have to get them their and back many more times per week and that is if you have a car.. So is it middle classes who can afford the time and money and is sports moneys that is getting invested into football going to the right places. 9 in 10 scottish athlete's who competed in the Commonwealth games and Olympics came from a middle class background. 

5 minutes ago, Paisley brazilians said:

Is the reason for our national sides diminish down to cash flow and time.at £10 a week for a kid to attend a local football club plus transport to and from training and games is this putting strain on parents at boys club level.and if they end up in an academy then maybe the financial constraints are relieved but you still have to get them their and back many more times per week and that is if you have a car.. So is it middle classes who can afford the time and money and is sports moneys that is getting invested into football going to the right places. 9 in 10 scottish athlete's who competed in the Commonwealth games and Olympics came from a middle class background. 

Don't worry middle class is diminishing it will be poor, very poor and billionaires soon enough. What is middle class seriously? 

7 minutes ago, antrin said:

Someone in a better than zero hours job that has a chance of being long-lasting, with potential to train up and make yourself indispensable?

Fall into the first part not the rest though I'm trying hard. The system is a complete mess thanks to the biggest culprits top brass bankers. Closely followed by political decisions. Watched a documentary on the Rothschilds what an interesting family that is. 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Don't worry middle class is diminishing it will be poor, very poor and billionaires soon enough. What is middle class seriously? 

Sorry bud but what the hell are you talking about?

Poor, very poor and billionaires?

Also you have talked about the diminishing middle class and then ask what middle class is in your last sentence?

Within the constraints of the law, I am as about as free as I could possibly hope to be. Most of us are. We choose not to see it.

1 hour ago, Paisley brazilians said:

I think our decline is down to full stops and sentences disappearing from the Scottish game.

1 hour ago, Paisley brazilians said:

The demise of our national game has nothing to do with finance whatsoever IMO.

It's all about attitude from the players and the coaches right the way through from youth to senior level topped off nicely with an inability to structure our senior game without everything being about 4 OF games per year.

In Scotland, culturally we have a serious problem with attitudes. The cultural instinct is to put people in their place, scorn success, ridicule ambition and to take pleasure when others fail. We are risk averse. This is not the set of cultural characteristics which results in any sort of sustainable success. Of course not everyone is infected by this disease (and it IS a disease) but the sheer numbers of people who fall into the other category means we can't progress in anything.

I don't know how to fix this. Personally I avoid negative types but when they pollute every sphere of society it is very hard. How young people manage to escape this suffocating negativity is beyond me.

44 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The demise of our national game has nothing to do with finance whatsoever IMO.

It's all about attitude from the players and the coaches right the way through from youth to senior level topped off nicely with an inability to structure our senior game without everything being about 4 OF games per year.

In Scotland, culturally we have a serious problem with attitudes. The cultural instinct is to put people in their place, scorn success, ridicule ambition and to take pleasure when others fail. We are risk averse. This is not the set of cultural characteristics which results in any sort of sustainable success. Of course not everyone is infected by this disease (and it IS a disease) but the sheer numbers of people who fall into the other category means we can't progress in anything.

I don't know how to fix this. Personally I avoid negative types but when they pollute every sphere of society it is very hard. How young people manage to escape this suffocating negativity is beyond me.

I'm playing around in my post with a bit of dig. at the system as well. The original poster has a point one you fail to grasp. There are many families out there that can not afford their kids to join clubs be it travel , kit or whatever.  I get the impression you are so far away from the reality of today's society. Sure there are family's who can afford the numbers who can't afford has grown substantially.  When you have working   ( FAMILY'S)  using food banks the alarm bells should be ringing.  Yet  the CO of a failing company gets over a million on bonuses. Seriously are you so blinkered or just plain ignorant I'm ok Jack.  I'm beginning to think your Stuart Dickson. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The original poster has a point one you fail to grasp. There are many families out there that can not afford their kids to join clubs be it travel , kit or whatever.  I get the impression you are so far away from the reality of today's society. Sure there are family's who can afford the numbers who can't afford has grown substantially.  When you have working   ( FAMILY'S)  using food banks the alarm bells should be ringing.  Yet  the CO of a failing company gets over a million on bonuses. Seriously are you so blinkered or just plain ignorant I'm ok Jack.  I'm beginning to think your Stuart Dickson. 

No I'm sorry but I'm not having that. Between benefits and tax credits there are almost no families in that situation with the exception of those stuck on zero hours part time contracts. You need to wind yourself down a bit. In particular you need to calm down on this CEO rubbish. There are almost no people in Scotland in that category.

If kids are keen enough they will play on concrete. If parents are keen enough they will find a way of budgetting properly to get their hands on cheap boots and training gear for their kids. You can get t-shirts for £2 FFS. People always have done. As a country the 60's, 70's and 80's were desperate times and we were piling kids into hugely successful football careers.

I'm not having anyone claiming that things are harder now.

This has nothing to do with money and it's frustrating as hell to realise people still haven't learned this lesson.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Can there be a single thread on here which doesn't descend into IOBS discussing some crackpot conspiracy theory?

Thank you very constructive. Your  better sticking to your I want Gus in Jack out threads. Thanks for paying the £50 bet to charity.  At least you have dropped the i will bet you when someone does not agree with you. You asked me before what bet  Look up history as I can't be bothered and don't have the time.  

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Can there be a single thread on here which doesn't descend into IOBS discussing some crackpot conspiracy theory?

Thank you very constructive. Your  better sticking to your I want Gus in Jack out threads. Thanks for paying the £50 bet to charity.  At least you have dropped the i will bet you when someone does not agree with you. You asked me before what bet  Look up history as I can't be bothered and don't have the time.  

1 minute ago, cockles1987 said:

Oaksoft, if you read what IOBS has written you'll see that you've agreed with him.

One post looks like a half full glass whilst the other is half empty.

As for this IOBS

To far........

I hope you'll apologise to oaksoft for that slur emoji6.png

Yes I will Sorry oaksoft. 

Ha I still don't know what bet you're talking about. Show me the post and I'll pay it. Or just keep mentioning it in passing.

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Ha I still don't know what bet you're talking about. Show me the post and I'll pay it. Or just keep mentioning it in passing.

Your the one who kept going on about a bet. I took you up. Northendsaint was asking for any donations towards a health charity if I remember right , meaning the charity.  I said to you if I win give it to northendsaint charity.  You are the one who wanted the bet. You lost and did not pay. Fine so if you are going about a forum making smirking remarks to me  I will throw you don't pay a bet that you wanted in the first place.  If you continue I will find the post on my return to the UK when I can acess my laptop.  

Your the one who kept going on about a bet. I took you up. Northendsaint was asking for any donations towards a health charity if I remember right , meaning the charity.  I said to you if I win give it to northendsaint charity.  You are the one who wanted the bet. You lost and did not pay. Fine so if you are going about a forum making smirking remarks to me  I will throw you don't pay a bet that you wanted in the first place.  If you continue I will find the post on my return to the UK when I can acess my laptop.  

I have no recollection of any of this, but If I did I'm more than happy to pay the bet when you show me the post. I look forward to your return to the UK.

In the mean time, if you keep spamming the forum with your tin foil hat conspiracy nonsense I will keep calling you out on it.

25 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I have no recollection of any of this, but If I did I'm more than happy to pay the bet when you show me the post. I look forward to your return to the UK.

In the mean time, if you keep spamming the forum with your tin foil hat conspiracy nonsense I will keep calling you out on it.

No need. I will find the bet post. Please explain what conspiracy theories.  

[emoji33]

Jeez no wonder I don't remember this, it was 2 and a half years ago. Why didn't you mention it sooner? :lol:

I made a lot of bets that season and I thought I paid them all, if I have missed you I apologise, but you could have mentioned it once in the 2 years since then. Send the screen shot of you taking the bet and what the bet was ( i assume it was us getting relegated?) and I will pay 50 to the charity of your choice.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Jeez no wonder I don't remember this, it was 2 and a half years ago. Why didn't you mention it sooner? :lol:

I made a lot of bets that season and I thought I paid them all, if I have missed you I apologise, but you could have mentioned it once in the 2 years since then. Send the screen shot of you taking the bet and what the bet was ( i assume it was us getting relegated?) and I will pay 50 to the charity of your choice.

Faraway Saints Tunnel Fund?

He needs a new shovel, the other one has worn out & he's got a long way to keep digging