Hmmmmmmmmm Yogi

DougJamie

Ok, if there has been a thread on this apologise but I havent seen it

Yogi says yes to Raith but no to us? Ok eh why? He surely wont be getting more money there will he? I would like to think we are a better club? Or is it that maybe, just maybe, that the broken club GS inherited is actually so true that any established manager would not consider us...............

If all this is true, then would explain a lot of just how messed we are / were under the old BOD.....

Of course there could be other reasons he didn't take a club, that for 9 years was SPL, had recently won a national trophy , and a great set up............ or he simply hates Paisley ....

But anyones insight to how with 60 apps we had quite a few well documented passes.......... and ended up appointing a rookie ..

In my opinion Yogi , even with ARs squad  would have had us top 4 easy,

I rate him......

Edited by DougJamie

Maybe he was on some sort of gardening leave with ICT and financially, at least in the short term, it didn't make sense for him...............it may be that subsequently a deal was reached between himself and ICT to come to an accommodation. There could be a million reasons!!

I was told by an old workmate (and ex youth coach) who knew Yogi that he was on the short list for a job down south when we were looking. Mind you he also said we would have trouble getting an experienced manager now we are a fan owned club as there was a reluctance amongst many in the game given the lack of extra money in event of of problems in the playing staff.

25 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

I was told by an old workmate (and ex youth coach) who knew Yogi that he was on the short list for a job down south when we were looking. Mind you he also said we would have trouble getting an experienced manager now we are a fan owned club as there was a reluctance amongst many in the game given the lack of extra money in event of of problems in the playing staff.

As dire as our situation is---- I will still like to think a manager could take our potential and make a name for themselves

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Maybe he didn't fancy a club that is on the slide and bags managers with alarming regularity. Just a thought.

Maybe- But as said before on here- it was the recruitment that was the issue. Hughes was a proven manager at Hibs and Caley.................. But hey I am sure he would have been more than the salary on offer.

Years on the cheap are coming back to haunt us

Ok, if there has been a thread on this apologise but I havent seen it

Yogi says yes to Raith but no to us? Ok eh why? He surely wont be getting more money there will he? I would like to think we are a better club? Or is it that maybe, just maybe, that the broken club GS inherited is actually so true that any established manager would not consider us...............
If all this is true, then would explain a lot of just how messed we are / were under the old BOD.....
Of course there could be other reasons he didn't take a club, that for 9 years was SPL, had recently won a national trophy , and a great set up............ or he simply hates Paisley ....

But anyones insight to how with 60 apps we had quite a few well documented passes.......... and ended up appointing a rookie ..
In my opinion Yogi , even with ARs squad  would have had us top 4 easy,

I rate him......

Maybe he wasn't offered the position?

Guest TPAFKATS

This subject was discussed in the Gary locke Raith thread over in other football.

Whatever happened when we were looking for a gaffer was then and this is now - circumstances change, not least he hasn't been in work for an additional 4 months.
Now that Lee Clarke has chucked Kilmarnock for the mighty Bury, I'm sure yogi is regretting taking the Raith job already.
Is it too late for him to do a Munro?