Mobile Phones

faraway saint

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Ban radios and CDs, ban Sat Nav... aye, very good. Could just imagine how many accidents would be caused by long distance driving and falling asleep without any music or radio commentary etc to keep you alert.

I assume the suggestion is not to actually ban CD players, radios and Sat Nav, but to educate people in not fannying around adjusting them while actually driving? That seems fair. Modern cars take MP3 compatible CDs and/or have memory stick slots. You can get about 120 MP3 tracks onto a CD, and I've got about 5,000 tracks on a memory stick permanently shoved in the slot. My bass, treble, middle and radio stations are locked in. No need to fanny about other than changing the radio station if Chick Young comes on.

If using my Sat Nav, I key the intended destination in while sitting on my drive. What should we ban next? Looking in the rear view mirror as it takes your eyes off the road ahead? Blowing a snottery nose? Scratching your nuts?

The next thing to be banned will be humans from driving as cars go driverless in years to come. 

41 minutes ago, Kendo said:

They're actually designing cars with beds so that you can sleep during the journey and wake up at your destination.

Most of my punters dae that. 

Bassas :lol:

Took a call from a guy today, he has had to close his shop is housebound and skint now, the driver who crashed into him at 90mph was on his phone, the insurance company are dragging their heels as usual and he has been waiting over 3 years for compensation, his wife is now thinking about going back to work which would leave him in a vulnerable situation, he called to apply for benefit as a last resort he might get £134 a week on that but if his wife gets a job working between 16 and 24 hours a week his payment will decrease by the amount of her earnings and will go to zero if she works 24 hours a week or more. The idiot driver probably doesn't know the devastation his phone cal has caused this couple.