Sport Scientist

woiiftm

Yip.
The same saddoes with eff fall to do with their lives will continue to moan about everything connected with the club, when they act like a spoliled five year old and spit the proverbial dummy in relation to some decision made by others or some indiscretion that only exists in their tiny addled minds.
You'll be familiar with the former line of action.[emoji4]

Ha yeah I imagine the personal abuse from one Saints fan to another will be even worse than it is now.

Stay classy fella.

If the members want to suggest a big spend then they can do so. I've been looking at one recently, which was suggested by a member on here. As with most it's not as simple as suggest it/do it. On this one, which I'll not detail too much just now, it would genuinely help if we were part of the club and weren't independent due to fact it would see a material change to the fixtures and fittings at pitch side. It could also require changes to the safety certificate, additional staff and even perhaps training. The item I discussed at the open day has also been mentioned on here before and once the SMDSA have run their survey and defined need it may well then be costed and added to a future vote.

On 7/15/2017 at 1:46 PM, TsuMirren said:

If the members want to suggest a big spend then they can do so. I've been looking at one recently, which was suggested by a member on here. As with most it's not as simple as suggest it/do it. On this one, which I'll not detail too much just now, it would genuinely help if we were part of the club and weren't independent due to fact it would see a material change to the fixtures and fittings at pitch side. It could also require changes to the safety certificate, additional staff and even perhaps training. The item I discussed at the open day has also been mentioned on here before and once the SMDSA have run their survey and defined need it may well then be costed and added to a future vote.

Any word on when the next update and vote will come out? Also how we sitting membership numbers? I remember something about a campaign to try get to 1,500 paying members. 

On 15/07/2017 at 1:46 PM, TsuMirren said:

If Smisa 'Officially' declare it is part of the club and not independent (you would struggle to tell the difference at present), then it would have to wind up the trust as is and attempt to re- launch as some other type of entity. This would necessitate, among every other (constitutional rule change) cancelling all direct debits and seeking what were Smisa members, to sign up new DD's with the new entity. I would wager the likelihood of a big drop in those willing to subscribe to an entity they would no longer have any real chance of holding to account.

does anyone on the committee ever read their constitution these days?

Add to that as part of the BTB campaign a very heavy play was made by Smisa and Gordon Scott about the importance of Smisa being able to hold the club to account with its position of oversight. So smisa would have to go back on yet another promise it made when rallying fans to join the BTB campaign. Feck me its like watching the tory party ditching everything it had in its manifesto, and what its supporters voted for, whilst tearing itself apart.

Any word on when the next update and vote will come out? Also how we sitting membership numbers? I remember something about a campaign to try get to 1,500 paying members. 

We have a meeting tonight. The campaign is for 1,400, but it does also involve members trying to get friends and family to join.

If Smisa 'Officially' declare it is part of the club and not independent (you would struggle to tell the difference at present), then it would have to wind up the trust as is and attempt to re- launch as some other type of entity. This would necessitate, among every other (constitutional rule change) cancelling all direct debits and seeking what were Smisa members, to sign up new DD's with the new entity. I would wager the likelihood of a big drop in those willing to subscribe to an entity they would no longer have any real chance of holding to account.

No, AFC Wimbledon's Trust are a seperate body. So, obviously, no issue with SMISA operating along that model.

Once the deal is complete you may need to change the operating model, but that's probably about it. You may, as with other trusts who own their club, still have a trust feeding in to other entities.

34 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

We have a meeting tonight. The campaign is for 1,400, but it does also involve members trying to get friends and family to join.

Nice one mate, fingers crossed. It's been a good year for maintaining numbers, natural next step. 

18 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

No, AFC Wimbledon's Trust are a seperate body. So, obviously, no issue with SMISA operating along that model.

Once the deal is complete you may need to change the operating model, but that's probably about it. You may, as with other trusts who own their club, still have a trust feeding in to other entities.

Aye and Smisa are a seperate body like The dons trust. Difference is the dons trust now own Their club as will Smisa in nine years time. I think you are comparing apples and oranges. If Smisa at present declares itself not independent of the club then it cannot continue under its own constitution rules and those set out governing Community Benefit Societies etc, as it will be run by the club, and not an independent body.

i know this is what The club board wanted from pre day one of the BTB deal being signed, thankfully there are 1300 people who have the ultimate say in how THEIR organisation is run. If the smisa board are cooking up a proposal to hand over control to the club it wont be tolerated, of that i am sure, and it would leave smisa open to hundreds of claims to have disaffected members subscriptions refunded in full as smisa will have broken every promise and legal position it stated it would uphold.

On 15/07/2017 at 7:33 AM, bazil85 said:

Are you saying sports scientists don't have any benefit to a football club? If you are that is maddness. Rangers also employed a physio, a club doctor, someone to clean the seats. Your argument doesn't really make any sense.

No one is saying we're skint, the discretionary fund is to assist with different areas that may not form part of the budget. I don't really see what issue you'd have with funding what the club want. I'm sure they know pretty well what the club needs, certainly more than most fans. 

What would you spend the moeny on? 

The moeny (sic) should be spent on whatever the SMiSA membership decide.  Personally, I would like it spent on live feeds of the match on a screen above each pie stall which would ease the halftime crush, thus enhance the matchday experience of hundreds of fans. I do however accept whatever the vote decides.

You seem to be of the opinion that a vote for anything other than WHATEVER the Club suggest would be 'ridiculous' and 'madness'.  I thought the Club request (and insistence) on Brand New HoF boards were exactly that, so voted against it.  Does that make me a St.Moaner? 

BTW I'm an optimistic and pragmatic guy, I would just like to stop being tarred as tantamount to a traitor by someone who doesn't understand the concept of a democracy

2 hours ago, Vambo57 said:

The moeny (sic) should be spent on whatever the SMiSA membership decide.  Personally, I would like it spent on live feeds of the match on a screen above each pie stall which would ease the halftime crush, thus enhance the matchday experience of hundreds of fans. I do however accept whatever the vote decides.

You seem to be of the opinion that a vote for anything other than WHATEVER the Club suggest would be 'ridiculous' and 'madness'.  I thought the Club request (and insistence) on Brand New HoF boards were exactly that, so voted against it.  Does that make me a St.Moaner? 

BTW I'm an optimistic and pragmatic guy, I would just like to stop being tarred as tantamount to a traitor by someone who doesn't understand the concept of a democracy

Boooooooooooooooooooo. :lol:

You forgot that gem. :P

11 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

It's just the club then continuing to push for it. No surprise there.

couple of questions?

why? what would this achieve?

&

why didn't you raise all this at the AGM instead of drip feeding potential contentious matters on here?

I wish they would save the money as a Rainy Day Fund. 

I suppose the first obvious question is rainy day for what? Things are fairly healthy now, the club is in a good place financially and SMISA's projections are healthy too. I did mention looking at developing a side fund, but it's not been looked in to yet in any detail. There's all sorts of potential ways to handle the £2 fund, my personal view is that saving it all means you can't look at supporting the club. As this is a joint venture, you can easily argue that we should offer some support. By doing that you potentialy remove the need for a rainy day fund.

Not a bad suggestion, have you thought or got an idea of the costs involved?

Must admit, if anyone wants to offer assistance in pricing an item like that then SMISA would be more than happy to work with that person. As it stands, so far, it's not something we've had time to look at.

5 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Not a bad suggestion, have you thought or got an idea of the costs involved?

Sorry no Cockles, I don't have a clue of the costs involved, but surely it would not be more than £8000 for 5 setups? (Feck the North stand).

I have officially put this forward.

41 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

Must admit, if anyone wants to offer assistance in pricing an item like that then SMISA would be more than happy to work with that person. As it stands, so far, it's not something we've had time to look at.

I put this forward some time ago now Kenny.

Surely there would be plenty of companies who would be more than happy to provide free estimates?  What about putting it out to tender, or is that not suitable?

BTW, I notice that the PA sound in the West Bank seems to have been fixed!  SMiSA magic?

I put this forward some time ago now Kenny.
Surely there would be plenty of companies who would be more than happy to provide free estimates?  What about putting it out to tender, or is that not suitable?
BTW, I notice that the PA sound in the West Bank seems to have been fixed!  SMiSA magic?

I don't think we've worked our magic on the PA.
We've just not had a chance to pick the costing up. Tenders may be suitable, just from having worked that way in my day job. It's certainly on the to be looked at list. Just, you know, I can't make promises or give timescales so hopefully members and fans in general will appreciate that it hasn't just been dropped. It's not even just the installation, it's the tying in with St Mirren TVs coverage and even whether there's a rights issue of providing coverage in any form.

8 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

I don't think we've worked our magic on the PA.
We've just not had a chance to pick the costing up. Tenders may be suitable, just from having worked that way in my day job. It's certainly on the to be looked at list. Just, you know, I can't make promises or give timescales so hopefully members and fans in general will appreciate that it hasn't just been dropped. It's not even just the installation, it's the tying in with St Mirren TVs coverage and even whether there's a rights issue of providing coverage in any form.

I don't know about rights issues, but maybe SMiSA paying for Stadium wide WiFi, sorts the tying in with the SMFC TV coverage thingy and would please many, many fans also??  Chromecast or something like that.

Edited by Vambo57

8 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

No idea myself, was just wondering what costs would be actually incurred.

TV's - you say 5. But would one at each area be enough so you seen the action wherever you were standing.  One directly above each Pie Stall.  The idea is munchies can be bought during the game to avoid long ques and overcrowding at half time.

Signal - would it be wired or wireless. Would a internet connection be required. I refer you to my previous post

Power - Would a new socket and trunking be required for each screen. Of course.

Security - are they required to be in a secure cabinet to protect from damage and/or theft. Naw/// Zat no whit Insurance is fur?

Insurance - would it mean an increase.  Sup to the Club.

One advantage is that it could be used for advertising before the game and at half time as I don't believe you can show highlights (at half time) though I may be wrong. :thumbs2Could pay for the Insurance and maintenance

Edited by Vambo57

Since home matches are being transmitted through St Mirren TV, wouldn't they just need to run a feed or a loop (or whatever it is called) from that (St Mirren TV) to TV's sited wherever within the ground and if that was the case, the basic infrastructure is already in place, all it would need is the TV's and the plumbing in of them to the action.

Not sure about licensing but since the feed is within the ground, I can't imagine that causing any licensing infringements.

I'd speak to whover does St Mirren TV, I expect they'd have an idea of, if what it entails and the rough cost of it to be done.