Sign in to follow this  
shull

The End Of Season Play Offs 2018

11 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Back to day shifts at the aeroplane engine place. Him and Jimmy Durante surely pack it in now. Tbh they were absolutely pish today

For the sake of Dumbarton’s fans you would hope so.  They were brutal today and just as bad in the first leg.

League One Promotion Playoff

Dumbarton 0-2 Alloa Athletic (AET) (Alloa win 2-1 on agg)

It was looking like a third straight year in League One for Alloa but our super loanee Ross Stewart helped our super ex-captain/now Alloa manager carrying on Jack's early work with a 90+3 goal to take the game to extra time. Then our other super loanee Jordan Kirkpatrick scored the vital goal 5 minutes into extra time to seal a return to the Championship after a 2 year absence. Delight for the two current Saints players and our top man Goody.

Massive shame for Dumbarton though, after a 6 year spell in Scotland's second tier, excellent for a club of their size. I do wonder if they can make an immediate return or if that's their decent period over now. 

28 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

League One Promotion Playoff

Dumbarton 0-2 Alloa Athletic (AET) (Alloa win 2-1 on agg)

It was looking like a third straight year in League One for Alloa but our super loanee Ross Stewart helped our super ex-captain/now Alloa manager carrying on Jack's early work with a 90+3 goal to take the game to extra time. Then our other super loanee Jordan Kirkpatrick scored the vital goal 5 minutes into extra time to seal a return to the Championship after a 2 year absence. Delight for the two current Saints players and our top man Goody.

Massive shame for Dumbarton though, after a 6 year spell in Scotland's second tier, excellent for a club of their size. I do wonder if they can make an immediate return or if that's their decent period over now. 

I'd like to say well done to Alloa. I went along to watch them play Raith and they were excellent.  Ross and Kirkpatrick.  On to Dumbarton and they lose out to a good goal at home (Carswell...ex Saint).  Then on to the second leg, well summed up by Cornwall Saint to go through and win through.  They owe a debt of gratitude to their goalkeeper who made 3 good stops. Dumbarton have small resources... I second Cornwall Saint's commiserations and best wishes to our near neighbours across the river.