Sin Bin Movie Thread

faraway saint

12 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I never got round to going to the movies to see Vol 3 so the big telly it is tonight. :thumbs2

Anyhow, brilliant movie, if you like this sort of thing.

Funny, action packed and a few wee sad touches.

One of them films that was about two and a half hours and I never looked at my watch once.

Apologies to @beyond our ken, I made an error, maybe you could admit to the amount you make? 

We watched a thriller from 2013 called Prisoners with Jake Gyllenhaal and Hugh Jackman, really enjoyed it not just because the latter didn't feel the need to sing. Dogged detective facing distraught parents and all that follows with a few curve balls thrown in, MrsS didn't once feel the need to reach for her tablet, good sign.

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just saw a wee piece on the BBC news that this cost £300m to make. :o

PS No sure if it was pounds or dollars but still a big bag of cash. 

I think the last few have been pretty spendy and this one has been given a bit of stick but I really enjoyed it, another case of it being fashionable to slate something and over hype the likes of Barbie and Oppenheimer perhaps?

Just now, StanleySaint said:

I think the last few have been pretty spendy and this one has been given a bit of stick but I really enjoyed it, another case of it being fashionable to slate something and over hype the likes of Barbie and Oppenheimer perhaps?

The Barbie thing has, frankly, shocked me as it looked trash and I thought it would have limited appeal. 

It's made, sit down, $1.28 BILLION. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

The Barbie thing has, frankly, shocked me as it looked trash and I thought it would have limited appeal. 

It's made, sit down, $1.28 BILLION. 

Yeah, not surprised, the full weight of the PR machine was right behind it from the beginning, starting to see a few small articles criticising aspects of it now but the money is in the bank!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2023 at 9:08 AM, faraway saint said:

I posted a review on the official Sonypictures.co.uk Facebook page and they asked if they could use my review in their global marketing campaign, I, obviously, said yes.

Lo and behold it's now on their official trailer. :thumbs2

No fee as yet but maybe Tom will get in touch to thank me. :rolleyes:

That's very impressive! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...