Sin Bin Movie Thread

faraway saint

On 8/21/2022 at 4:34 PM, Rascal said:

“Down among the bad boys” was on TV last night. Excellent performances by Billy Connelly and Douglas Henshall. Tickety Boo.

It seems to be the “in thing” to do to quote a previous post of your own. I am going to rewatch Invictus. First saw this in Cape Town with a pal. It naturally got a great reception.

23 minutes ago, Rascal said:

It seems to be the “in thing” to do to quote a previous post of your own. I am going to rewatch Invictus. First saw this in Cape Town with a pal. It naturally got a great reception.

It seems your "in thing" is to post more empty posts on any subject, something you are skilled in. 

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It seems your "in thing" is to post more empty posts on any subject, something you are skilled in

This is more your area of expertise, fartaway!

unless you think that your new thread…

(did you seek Rascal’s permission to start a new thread… or did you have an excuse to do so?)

… about what radio stations people listen to is a fascinating, fact-filled subject?

Sheesh!  :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, antrin said:

This is more your area of expertise, fartaway!

unless you think that your new thread…

(did you seek Rascal’s permission to start a new thread… or did you have an excuse to do so?)

… about what radio stations people listen to is a fascinating, fact-filled subject?

Sheesh!  :rolleyes:

And again, you make a fool of yourself.

Check the radio thread you old fool, or maybe you'd like to tell the people who have posted in that thread they post the same level of feck all as thicky 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by faraway saint

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

So this is the movie for this weekend as grandchildren come first.

Meant to say, since watching Elvis last weekend his songs have been getting plenty of Alexa time, accompanied by me. 😉

I enjoyed "Luck" immensely.  

A wee bit long for a kids movie but we'll written and plenty of "big names" behind the vocals.

Mixed reactions here, damn them children, so, overall, a decent 8/10. 

On 8/21/2022 at 7:15 AM, faraway saint said:

Excellent movie, highlighted quite a few issues I wasn't aware of and Austin Butler (Elvis) was outstanding.

It certainly didn't feel like a two and a half hour movie, which says a lot.

The short clip of the real Elvis at the end was a smart move, shocking state for a man of only 42.

As for Tom Parker, cnut.

Can't fault the movie, a 10/10 for me. :thumbs2

The clip they showed in the film, showing his voice was still outstanding, unfortunately his body wasn't.

Brilliant and sad at the same time...........................

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched 'The Unforgiveable' last night, based on the ITV drama of a decade or so ago, enjoyed the original story and this was a good adaptation into a film so was less disjointed than a 3 part tv drama, Sandra Bullock was really good as the main character, looking so unglamorous and pretty tough gave a convincing performance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...