St.Ricky

Kilmarnock v St Mirren

4 hours ago, elvis said:

I havent had a stiffy in a good while and I don't take great delight in mocking Saint Mirren its all the clowns that think we are better than we are its plain to see for everyone except happy clappers that we are shite would you rather I was praising them for being shite instead of telling it like it is.

I don't think there is anyone on here who thinks we are better than the bottom 3.

What virtually everyone is waiting on is the signings in the Jan window and who is offloaded.

Then the real work begins of staying up and being 3rd bottom which given the disgrace that Stubbs made in the summer would be a resounding success.

Edited by lenziebud

2 hours ago, guinness said:

Are you not worried by a manager who sticks with a boy at left back who simply cannot play the position? The number of goals we lose from that side of the park is frightening.

Any worse than Coulson? (From memory who cost us 3 against Aberdeen in 1 game)

I understand Eckers might be an option, but he is either still not match fit OR getting punted - the management have difficult decisions to make, especially because of the cr*p they were left with...

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

The lad gets precious little cover in front of him.  A steep learning curve for the boy. 

I wasn't there today but going by recent games. 

Getting tiered Ricky or he is not in his natural position.  Bottom line he is without doubt our biggest talent who will in my opinion go to the highest level even above Morgan and Mallan. Certainly more industrial in the middle of the park than left back. The fact Oran can put him Into left back speaks volumes.  Did not have the best of games today but a special talent given his age, very special.  

5 hours ago, eastlandssaint said:

That's a good interview.

I think the key things are that the break has come at the right time and that however shite things have been, we are still in the mix for survival. We need to approach the second half of the season as though we are in a league of 3 teams. All we need to do is avoid finishing at the bottom of them. We have Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts away but other than that we should be looking to take points at every other match. If we can nick the odd point against those 4, that would be a bonus.

I'm pretty upbeat TBH. A few players in, a mini preseason and back to it.

At the end of October I would have bitten your hand off to be in this position. If Oran can get a big target man , a left back, a ball winning midfielder, a centre back, and a keeper then we may get through this. The captain seems to have got his mojo back and I'm also more upbeat about the second half of the season. Next games against Dundee and Hamilton will define our season

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

That's a good interview.

I think the key things are that the break has come at the right time and that however shite things have been, we are still in the mix for survival. We need to approach the second half of the season as though we are in a league of 3 teams. All we need to do is avoid finishing at the bottom of them. We have Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts away but other than that we should be looking to take points at every other match. If we can nick the odd point against those 4, that would be a bonus.

I'm pretty upbeat TBH. A few players in, a mini preseason and back to it.

Agreed. That we are even in this position is a bit of a let off. 

We should be ready to take full advantage of it. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Agreed. That we are even in this position is a bit of a let off. 

We should be ready to take full advantage of it. 

Yes we are extremely lucky to be in touch with anyone let alone 2 other teams.

One of us will not even require a playoff to survive.

I reckon none of the others in the bottom 3 will gain much more than 18 points before the end of the season.

So I think 30 points might be enough to avoid immediate relegation.

Possibly 33 points might avoid the playoffs.

Can we get between 18 and 21 points in 17 games?

6 or 7 wins?

I'm certain we can if we recruit well enough.

The formation killed us yesterday. We had 5-3-2 against their 4-4-2 with all our players cluttering up the middle of the park as they rampaged down the sides. To be fair to OK with the players available there wasn't much choice.

Ethan had a nightmare first half and stayed too deep and too central. All his passes were backwards giving no outball nor respite. (And I know he is not a left back/ left mid etc etc). However he was much better in the second half and passed forward and got forward more often.

And although Hodson gave effort and grit there is no way he is a central midfielder as there is no creativity whatsoever. And I felt yesterday was Cammy's last chance to prove himself to Oran and I am not sure he took it.

Hopefully in the window the players we sign have the commitment and talent of Steven McGinn who was excellent yesterday in spite of the overall team performance.

19 hours ago, elvis said:

I havent had a stiffy in a good while and I don't take great delight in mocking Saint Mirren its all the clowns that think we are better than we are its plain to see for everyone except happy clappers that we are shite would you rather I was praising them for being shite instead of telling it like it is.

Yes please

54 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The formation killed us yesterday. We had 5-3-2 against their 4-4-2 with all our players cluttering up the middle of the park as they rampaged down the sides. To be fair to OK with the players available there wasn't much choice.

Ethan had a nightmare first half and stayed too deep and too central. All his passes were backwards giving no outball nor respite. (And I know he is not a left back/ left mid etc etc). However he was much better in the second half and passed forward and got forward more often.

And although Hodson gave effort and grit there is no way he is a central midfielder as there is no creativity whatsoever. And I felt yesterday was Cammy's last chance to prove himself to Oran and I am not sure he took it.

Hopefully in the window the players we sign have the commitment and talent of Steven McGinn who was excellent yesterday in spite of the overall team performance.

He was to blame for their second goal, twice he lost out to Stewart who just brushed him off before playing a slide rule pass.

Just listened to Oran who seems fairly upbeat. His remark to the fans 'sorry the start was minging' not only sums up yesterday's game but the season in general.

We're still in it and my wallet will probably enjoy the break more than me but the window should be interesting and I'm looking forward to watching Oran's team in the new year. I'm confident they won't be minging.

Happy new year buds. See you all at the Alloa game

Just now, Jack the lad said:

He was to blame for their second goal, twice he lost out to Stewart who just brushed him off before playing a slide rule pass.

So Ethan who missed a tackle and gave up; Alfie who let a guy stroll pass him on the goal-line and Paul McGinn who wasn't marking his man had nothing to do with it - it was all Steven McGinn's fault?

20 hours ago, elvis said:

I would rather you would get tae feck off this forum. Is that an option ?