Guest TPAFKATS

So, it's back up to 14 days at home if you have symptoms AND if you live with someone with symptoms.

Can't see this reducing the pressure on supermarkets.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

No idea TBH. This is well outside my area of knowledge.

Faraway seems very certain about exactly what covid is and how it spreads. I'm sure he'll be along in a minute to reveal all. :lol:

New name for the man from Arbroath is The Professor but fonr, don't rely upon any analysis using statistics or probability. 

15 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

So, it's back up to 14 days at home if you have symptoms AND if you live with someone with symptoms.

Can't see this reducing the pressure on supermarkets.

I have one of my men off, self isolating.

The guys on the shop floor were running a book, he was red hot favourite.

This is opening the door for malingerers, taking over from stress. 

On the supermarket thing, I'm way ahead of the pack, stocking up with alcohol.

When pubs shut it will be like prohibition, I'll make a fortune. :thumbs2🤧:thumbs2

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

When pubs shut it will be like prohibition, I'll make a fortune. :thumbs2🤧:thumbs2

How much for a 6 pack of Guinness?:guinness

19 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:
30 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:
New name for the man from Arbroath is The Professor but fonr, don't rely upon any analysis using statistics or probability. 

Can we get that in English?

You have it. Too complicated for you? 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Whit?

For the 28th f**king time, this is NOT, I repeat NOT about absolute death numbers.

This is about slowing the damn thing down so the NHS is not overwhelmed.

How can you still not be getting this?

The word dim comes to mind. 

But more likely his desire to post build

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Could be.
Doesn't flu have to mutate for you to catch it again though? Same as the "common cold" which is actually a great many variations.

It happens occasionally in patients where the protective antibodies produced against the disease don't last as long as they do in other individuals.

Wow!
Liverpool St station tonight, heart of the City... About 30% of normal crowds. Pre-movie pub only 7 other punters. Huge cinema (takes 250-300). Only another 8 seats booked when I went online....
Must be the semifinals of Only Connect on TV tonight!
Bugrit. I should have checked.... :(

Well i'm not a violent person but
just been in Asda.

Saw a fella who's trolley was full to the brim with hand sanitizers, baby wipes, soaps, milk etc. Everything that people need!!!

Prick 😠 

Gave him a low down about the elderly and mums etc who need these types of things. Told him he ought to be f**king ashamed of himself!! 

😠😠
He said "That's all well and good mate but i work here, can i carry on filling the shelves now?" 

Another day, approx another 600 deaths world wide.

Italy continues to see massive daily deaths, 349 today, a total of 2,158.

Suggested in another thread is it because of the amount of elderly citizens, someone said they have a large percentage elderly. 

The UK, 1 today, that'll debunk the "doubling every day" pish spouted by some. Currently sitting at 152. 

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Another day, approx another 600 deaths world wide.

Italy continues to see massive daily deaths, 349 today, a total of 2,158.

Suggested in another thread is it because of the amount of elderly citizens, someone said they have a large percentage elderly. 

The UK, 1 today, that'll debunk the "doubling every day" pish spouted by some. Currently sitting at 152. 

As much as I get your point, it's people dying, not a game

Hope this continues 

3 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Hope this continues 

Oh no, wait a minute, you have a slight pop at me yet the people spreading unwarranted shite are ok?

Gie me a brek, the hysterical nutters amongst us will more than likely be the same nutters buying everything they can, despite not really needing it. 

Sorry mate, not having that. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Yes, our tip top number one priority should be making sure nobody takes the piss during this outbreak. :lol:

It's brilliant to see you have your priorities straight. :lol:

You're right about alcohol though.

On a serious note, Instead of worrying about malingerers, be grateful you have a paying job.

The first to crack will be those of us running our own businesses, trying to fathom out how to resolve the problem of sales halving (in my case) almost overnight.

I am very luck to have no employees needing paid and have some reserves behind me to get through the next 4-6 months but this is already proving to be brutal and it's not really started yet.

Just now, oaksoft said:

Yes, our tip top number one priority should be making sure nobody takes the piss during this outbreak. :lol:

It's brilliant to see you have your priorities straight. :lol:

You're right about alcohol though.

On a serious note, Instead of worrying about malingerers, be grateful you have a paying job.

The first to crack will be those of us running our own businesses, trying to fathom out how to resolve the problem of sales halving (in my case) almost overnight.

I am very luck to have no employees needing paid and have some reserves behind me to get through the next 4-6 months but this is already proving to be brutal and it's not really started yet.

While you have your own business I'm in charge of running somebody else's business.

The effect of absenteeism has a direct effect on my ability to deliver. :thumbsdown

Aye, do you think the paying job money comes from the money tree? :lol:

I know you always only think about yourself so I'll not bother trying to get you to see the bigger picture. 

I have every sympathy for every business, and this could be the end of many who are operating on a very short turnover period. 

14 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Hope this continues 

Explain the risk/probability and what geometric progression to him if you think there is the slightest chance that he will understand, 

Nice to see that some people, not the fecking hoarders, are doing what they can to help those that in need..........................

A SCOTS shop is delivering coronavirus “packages” to OAPs in a bid to stop the spread of the killer bug.

Day Today Express in Stenhousemuir, Falkirk, are giving away facemasks, hand gel and cleaning wipes to pensioners free-of-charge.

A cornershop is delivering coronavirus 'packages' to pensioners

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Oh no, wait a minute, you have a slight pop at me yet the people spreading unwarranted shite are ok?

Gie me a brek, the hysterical nutters amongst us will more than likely be the same nutters buying everything they can, despite not really needing it. 

Sorry mate, not having that. 

Just saying it sounds like you're trying to point score a bit , don't mind speculation but I don't like the "told you it was nothing to worry about!" stuff, it's a pretty serious threat. Also there's a difference between worried about the direction things are going, and being hysterical / panic buying. 

Fear mongering media ain't helping - seen the Daily Record putting out shite about Scotland having "the perfect corona virus climate" earlier

Aye cos our climate is the same as Italy - absolute wanks 

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

Just saying it sounds like you're trying to point score a bit , don't mind speculation but I don't like the "told you it was nothing to worry about!" stuff, it's a pretty serious threat. Also there's a difference between worried about the direction things are going, and being hysterical / panic buying. 

Fear mongering media ain't helping - seen the Daily Record putting out shite about Scotland having "the perfect corona virus climate" earlier

Aye cos our climate is the same as Italy - absolute wanks 

Who said that?