Coronavirus

faraway saint

@theknickerwetter Glad too see you're giving up on your phoney denial about not saying "Fascist Dictator". 

Anyway you and your fellow 506 nutters (minus folk that have clicked more than once) are welcome to believe what you want - the Gates Foundation allegations have been shown to be a fallacy by many media organization with substantial history & reputations. Like I've said on many occasions try the Pepsi challenge The Grauniad has approaching 200 years of history and a current daily circulation of 126,879 I trust it more than anything you've ever quoted. :pepsi

What genocidal commie conspiracy theories am I hanging onto? Is the Gates (some commie, that boy :1eye) fantasy all that you've got? Put up or slink away like the gammon fantasist you are!

Edited by Bud the Baker

19 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Nope I'm not having a 🦒 and I never said the government was entirely to blame but I still say they must bear "the bulk of the blame" for the reasons given above - is it any wonder mask wearing is not universally upheld in the country when it took the government down south over two months between easing lockdown restrictions before introducing limited & insufficient face mask rules which had to be augmented in September which in itself was another inadequate measure as he should have been prepping us for tougher Tier restrictions that he had to do a month later. 

The government down south moved into lockout too late, and when they started to come out continuously downplayed the seriousness of the situation, failed to deliver on promises and BJ personally shattered the "we're all in it together" mood of the country by supporting his favourite SPAD who had lied in print about where he spent isolation before going into the comedy business with his Barnard Castle routine.

Everyone has to look at their behaviour over this period but I maintain "the bulk of the blame" lies with the government.

It's less than a month since your fellow gammons were saying that the number of cases didn't really matter if the death rate remained low... 

...the next few months are going to be scary!

At that point numbers were VERY low, what, exactly, would prepping us have looked like? 

Don't forget the recent, even worse, flaunting of the rules by some SNP woman. 

Is she still in her job? 

The ratio of cases to deaths, while not going in the "right" direction, are still a fraction of what they were back in the dreaded early months. 

If people acted in a responsible manner we wouldn't be where we are, that's a fact.

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Last 3 days, deaths head south, no posts on the number of deaths, today, they go up, guess who posts?

Utterly loving it.

Forum ghoul award. 

You still being completely unable to grasp the concept of the seven day reporting is your own issue. Have a look at the graph again and see if you can spot any kind of trend in how the UK reporting runs... 

Cases are still continuing to rise, me not posting hasn't changed the absolute fact I've been right about that. today is particularly tough to take because for the first time in this latest spike, we have hit one of the heights seen in May. 

No one is enjoying this, you just hate being wrong and to cope you (try to) bring others down to your very low ethical stance. 

Previous seven days      Most recent seven days

241                                   361

80                                    102

67                                     151 (as you can see, today isn't even the biggest per day percentage increase blowing your theory on my posting out the water) 

150                                   174

136                                    224

138                                    189

137                                     191 

Edited by bazil85

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

At that point numbers were VERY low, what, exactly, would prepping us have looked like? 

Don't forget the recent, even worse, flaunting of the rules by some SNP woman. 

Is she still in her job? 

The ratio of cases to deaths, while not going in the "right" direction, are still a fraction of what they were back in the dreaded early months. 

If people acted in a responsible manner we wouldn't be where we are, that's a fact.

But they were obviously going to go up despite your gammon complacency and as I said they should have prepped us for an October circuit-breaker in September like it emerged SAGE had advised.

Who is being disciplined by the party.

Plenty of disgraced MPs see out their terms if they have the brass neck to do so.

.....and how does that disprove anything I've said?

Have I said otherwise? What I have said is that "the bulk of the blame" lies with BJ & the governments (both Holyrood & Westminster), despite talking a good game NS hasn't been much more effective - like I said elsewhere 1% tougher than BJ.

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

But they were obviously going to go up despite your gammon complacency and as I said they should have prepped us for an October circuit-breaker in September like it emerged SAGE had advised.

Who is being disciplined by the party.

Plenty of disgraced MPs see out their terms if they have the brass neck to do so.

.....and how does that disprove anything I've said?

Have I said otherwise? What I have said is that "the bulk of the blame" lies with BJ & the governments (both Holyrood & Westminster), despite talking a good game NS hasn't been much more effective - like I said elsewhere 1% tougher than BJ.

Obviously as people were behaving like animals, I'm sure the government had hoped this wouldn't be the case.

Remember the hoards on beaches and lochs, not to mention house/street parties.

Oh, drop this overuse of "gammon", it's fecking dross patter. :P

You also continually hide behind this "bulk of the blame" term, which is simply wrong, yet fall short of saying where this supposed "less than the bulk" lies.

As you like to question the numbers, todays number seems hard to believe, unless you're name is Bazil. 

29 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Last 3 days, deaths head south, no posts on the number of deaths, today, they go up, guess who posts?

Utterly loving it.

Forum ghoul award. 

7 months in and you still don't seem to realize stattos don't work at weekends.

The Covid-19 death toll across the UK has passed 61,000.

The total number of deaths registered by the three statistical agencies across England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland now stands at 59,927.

However, more up-to-date UK government figures show that 1,189 deaths have occured within 28 days of a positive test since the figures were registered in each nation: 1,044 in England, 62 in Scotland, 47 in Wales and 36 in Northern Ireland.

This brings the number of deaths across the four nations of the UK to 61,116.

A further 367 deaths today sadly.

Edited by Bud the Baker

4 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

7 months in and you still don't seem to realize stattos don't work at weekends.

With a further 367 deaths today - sadly it looks like @oaksoft guess of 1000 by the end of the year might not be the overestimate we thought.

I've long since dropped the daily number stats, they were only relevant when they were new and setting the bar, I was pointing put the ghouls daily joy, not the numbers as such. 

Averages and trends, despite the recent numbers, are still LOW compared to the number of cases.

The numbers dropped due to people playing the game.

Now, less people are playing the game and others are suffering, on a personal basis and business's.

Wait and see what happens to the unemployed numbers at the end of this week, or soon after. 

49 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Obviously as people were behaving like animals, I'm sure the government had hoped this wouldn't be the case.

Remember the hoards on beaches and lochs, not to mention house/street parties.

Oh, drop this overuse of "gammon", it's fecking dross patter. :P

You also continually hide behind this "bulk of the blame" term, which is simply wrong, yet fall short of saying where this supposed "less than the bulk" lies.

As you like to question the numbers, todays number seems hard to believe, unless you're name is Bazil. 

I stand by my opinion "the bulk of the blame" stems from complacency at the top.

I never applauded the actions you refer to which occurred long before the government down south introduced face mask regulations, yet you and your fellow gammons were still pursuing "no rise in deaths" fallacy long after the "hordes (sic) on the beach" occurred - you have yet to come up with a relevant argument to make me change my opinion. 

A rise after the stattos weekend break - as I've said never put to much emphasis on 1 days' result but it didn't shock me.

Edited by Bud the Baker

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I stand by my opinion "the bulk of the blame" stems from complacency at the top.

You and your fellow gammons were still pursuing "no rise in deaths" fallacy long after the "hordes (sic) on the beach" occurred - you have yet to come up with a relevant argument. 

A rise after the stattos weekend break - as I've said never put to much emphasis on 1 days' result but it didn't shock me.

I'm out for today, feel as if I'm in an echo chamber. :byebye

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I've long since dropped the daily number stats, they were only relevant when they were new and setting the bar, I was pointing put the ghouls daily joy, not the numbers as such. 

Averages and trends, despite the recent numbers, are still LOW compared to the number of cases.

The numbers dropped due to people playing the game.

Now, less people are playing the game and others are suffering, on a personal basis and business's.

Wait and see what happens to the unemployed numbers at the end of this week, or soon after. 

But you’re wrong, if you have indeed grasped the irrelevance of daily reporting in isolation you’ll realising me commenting on a single day doesn’t make any difference to the point in increasing numbers. It’ll never stop being true that no one takes pleasure from this, you are just bitter at being shown to be wrong. 

There are other issues with comparing numbers of cases with numbers of deaths & hospital admissions given the difference in case volume testing. You’re clutching at straws here. 

the rest of your post is all over the place. A bigger person would admit they were wrong & acknowledge the concerns regarding increasing death rates & hospital admissions. 

40 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm out for today, feel as if I'm in an echo chamber. :byebye

33 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Looking like we, in Angus, will escape getting a higher grade that seems to be heading for Dundee. :thumbs2

I like to think that by following the rules, despite not agreeing with them, I am helping. :rolleyes:

That aged well :whistle

48 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

But you’re wrong, if you have indeed grasped the irrelevance of daily reporting in isolation you’ll realising me commenting on a single day doesn’t make any difference to the point in increasing numbers. It’ll never stop being true that no one takes pleasure from this, you are just bitter at being shown to be wrong. 

There are other issues with comparing numbers of cases with numbers of deaths & hospital admissions given the difference in case volume testing. You’re clutching at straws here. 

the rest of your post is all over the place. A bigger person would admit they were wrong & acknowledge the concerns regarding increasing death rates & hospital admissions. 

💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤