St Mirren v Kilmarnock SPFL PREMIERSHIP 22/4/23

shull

This is very much a "The Winner Takes It All" scenario.

As much as I regard Jim Goodwin as a club and cult hero, I personally feel he had taken us as far as he could as Manager.  I understand the whole Covid-19 situation turned not just our personal Worlds upside down but also the football World and the sporting World in general also.  Jim Goodwin did exceptionally well under the circumstances he was asked to perform under.  When he left to go to Aberdeen, I couldn't blame him whatsoever.  Anyone that wishes to "get on" in life and is given the opportunity to increase their wages and improve their working conditions would be mad to not take that next step and for that I could never fault Jim Goodwin.

Then Stephen Robinson arrives and although a lot of people were wary and suspicious (yes I was there at the away match versus Ross County in March last year and also up at Pittodrie earlier this season) I backed him and Diarmuid O'Carroll like I would any new management team at St. Mirren Park and low and behold, they make their doubters look very silly.

I have really enjoyed this season.  It's been one of my most enjoyable seasons for a long time and that's down to the Manager, his Assistant and their recruitment.  Whether we make the "Top Six" or not, this season has been a tremendous improvement on previous seasons.  The club is moving in the right direction both on and off the pitch with some great talent working behind the scenes and I'm sure we'll see the fruits of everyone's labour sooner than later.

Hopefully, come 5:00pm this evening, we're officially a "Top Six" club and looking at potentially getting a coveted European Football slot.

As ever, "Come on you Saints!" 🔴

Edited by BigYardsAndBasher
"were" not "are".

Today's the big day, almost feels like a cup final, the atmosphere will be electric and here's hoping we get off to a fast start to keep the crowd onside.

I'll try to keep myself busy before kick off, don't want the rest of the day to drag in. 

The day would get off to a great start if Ross County can pull off a result away to Hearts. 

Latest odds, not much change since the start of the week.

image.thumb.png.49799b0e7a8a9792c5a3b6cbeb0276cc.png

3 hours ago, st jock said:

Let's knock 5 past these plastic grass dwellers. Let's Dominic Raab them in to submission. 

Even a last minute penalty to equalise will do to be fair 😄

If we could only Boris Johnson them...as in they make a complete arse of it then get booted out..

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Today's the big day, almost feels like a cup final, the atmosphere will be electric and here's hoping we get off to a fast start to keep the crowd onside.

I'll try to keep myself busy before kick off, don't want the rest of the day to drag in. 

The day would get off to a great start if Ross County can pull off a result away to Hearts. 

Latest odds, not much change since the start of the week.

image.thumb.png.49799b0e7a8a9792c5a3b6cbeb0276cc.png

I hope you washed your lucky "Captain Sweatpants" after yesterday? 🤢

We might need them! :P