St Mirren v Kilmarnock SPFL PREMIERSHIP 27/12/23

shull

17 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

I think this is all a ploy to get our Scottish Cup odds to win pushed out. 😂 

I have a gut feel that this could be our year. But I get that every season.

Our league form in 1987 was poor - but I’d happily swap a bottom 6 league finish for a Scottish cup win. 

It was 37 years ago - jings!

Scottish Cup win over a top 6 finish is a no brainer. Especially as it now gets you guaranteed European football till Xmas which you wouldn’t get from 4th or 5th (or even 3rd unless Celtic or Rangers won the cup). 

20 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

You’re advocating dropping Tanser who has arguably been our player of the season so far??

I'd say redeploy rather than drop, I think Thierry may be the paciest player in the side and I'd like to think we could get more from Tanser further forward.  I'd take any re-org to get Gogic back to his most effective position behind the centre of midfield

We need 3 decent centre backs and the ones we have, with their undoubted skill, are all prone to gaffes.  Fraser is defintiely the most solid on recent form though and I still have hopes (maybe misplaced) for Bolton.  

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

I'd say redeploy rather than drop, I think Thierry may be the paciest player in the side and I'd like to think we could get more from Tanser further forward.  I'd take any re-org to get Gogic back to his most effective position behind the centre of midfield

We need 3 decent centre backs and the ones we have, with their undoubted skill, are all prone to gaffes.  Fraser is defintiely the most solid on recent form though and I still have hopes (maybe misplaced) for Bolton.  

He's been the most consistent performer all season hardly ever makes a mistake, granted he's not the best with ball but off it he's by far the best defender at the club.

The partnership with him and strain was great and the reason we were doing so well, I'd say most of the goals we lose are from the left hand side of the box..