St Mirren v Kilmarnock SPFL PREMIERSHIP 27/12/23

shull

3 goals in our last nine games and 2 were own goals. That’s our main worrying problem.

Robbo lamenting prematch that we don’t have a Miovski or Shankland doesn’t fix it. We need to create more chances. Next 3 games look a big ask to get a point from but Saints sometimes surprise us when we least expect it. 5th for the moment is our only bonus on current form. 

17 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

In January, cut so much dead wood  

Olysana 

O’Hara 

Bolton 

McMenhamin 

Dunne 

Grieve
Boyd-Munce 

Bring in 2 or 3 players that are this level & improve the first team. Last 11 games have been miles off acceptable. Pathetic.  

Settle down

we need to steady the defence and either find a final ball supplier or a striker-maybe both

Other than that, not much needs changing, unless the manager can't see the above.  In that case he would need changing too

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Scores are paramount. They scored, we never remotely looked like scoring. 

They were easily the better team. We were terrible. 

I’m one of the few people on here who sticks up for you with some of your posts, but the second part of your post above is frankly utter bollocks. 
The first part is true. I never fancied us to score at any point tonight, but to say they were “easily the better team” is utter nonsense. They were absolutely terrible. We pretty much dominated any meaningful possession in the game but were infuriatingly powder puff in the final third. Killie had something we didn’t. A goal scorer. And more worryingly that is becoming a common theme. 

Just now, beyond our ken said:

Settle down

we need to steady the defence and either find a final ball supplier or a striker-maybe both

Other than that, not much needs changing, unless the manager can't see the above.  In that case he would need changing too

The manager has no idea what his strongest 11 is. He’s changed it so much the last 11 games that many of these players confidence is shot. 

That isn’t easily changed. They need moved on, & we need to somehow salvage this season. 

2 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Settle down

It’s definitely the final ball supplier for me. It’s not like our strikers were missing sitters. We’re just not creating any clear cut chances. 

Well, as good as it was to be able to attend this evening, I was left with the dreadful st Mirren of old. 
killie pressed us easily in the first half and were very well organised. they were the team we were in the first ten games of the season. 
what is, in my view, hard to take is lack of commitment and effort from many of our players tonight. Baccus, for example, didn’t even get his socks dirty and clearly not wanting to get injured before international duty. 
Our captain, for whatever reason, has lost it all positioning, ball control, passing. The boy needs a break for his own good. 
from the first whistle we didn’t look up for it. 
tansers creativity has been stifled and Gogic is wasted in defence. 
all in all there are no positives to take from this game and credit to the vocal away support. 
back to the drawing board I’m afraid and based on current form a dramatic slide down the table looks imminent. 
good to be home for a game though 

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m one of the few people on here who sticks up for you with some of your posts, but the second part of your post above is frankly utter bollocks. 
The first part is true. I never fancied us to score at any point tonight, but to say they were “easily the better team” is utter nonsense. They were absolutely terrible. We pretty much dominated any meaningful possession in the game but were infuriatingly powder puff in the final third. Killie had something we didn’t. A goal scorer. And more worryingly that is becoming a common theme. 

They had a chance, they took it, they never looked like conceding. 

them being ‘easily’ the better team isn’t me praising their capably as a football team. They absolutely were terrible… Terrible was all it took today to be the better team. Terrible played us off the park. Terrible beat us. Terrible stopped us from ever looking a goal threat. 

It never ceases to amaze me how people watch the same match but have very different opinions on it!

I personally think it was a very tight game with both sides not anything special.  Kilmarnock have been on a decent run lately and travelled to Paisley with a momentum and confidence but despite all the talk of their improvement in performance and results, they didn't look any great shakes to me.

The BBC Scotland statistics get slagged off here on a regular basis and then used to have a pop at other forum members by the same people as and when it suits their agenda.

We weren't any great shakes either tonight and haven't been for a wee while now with too many people off their game at the same time but at times we made Kilmarnock look like the Brazil 1970 World Cup team.

Hopefully the management team can turn things around sooner rather than later because if they can't, then it's going to be a real slog of a season.

1 minute ago, elvis said:

I honestly don't think Robinson knows how to fix this we are going to be in big trouble very soon.

The one thing we’re not going to be this season Elvis is “in big trouble”. We’ve already seen to that. However we are going to be in a really disappointing place compared to where we thought we might be at one stage. Unless there is meaningful change in the January window, I’m predicting 8th or 9th. 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The one thing we’re not going to be this season Elvis is “in big trouble”. We’ve already seen to that. However we are going to be in a really disappointing place compared to where we thought we might be at one stage. Unless there is meaningful change in the January window, I’m predicting 8th or 9th. 

It would take a monumental turnaround by the team,s way down to drag us into the relegation battle.

It seems that some forget that other teams still have to win quite a few games to reach our current points total. 

image.thumb.png.e2fe8c38fb41f28e516ca633445df2fe.png

Bad selection by the manager. Ayunga has had his chance and proved he is not good enough, neither is Olusanya. Things perked up with the late subs but still couldn’t find the net. Like a few others on here I struggle to see where any points are coming from in the next few matches. Still think we will avoid the play off spot but on current form, who knows. 

2 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Bad selection by the manager. Ayunga has had his chance and proved he is not good enough, neither is Olusanya. Things perked up with the late subs but still couldn’t find the net. Like a few others on here I struggle to see where any points are coming from in the next few matches. Still think we will avoid the play off spot but on current form, who knows. 

For me, the Ayunga & Nachmani partnership against County looked the most promising.

didn’t score against Motherwell & he brings in Grieve & Olusanya who have done nothing to suggest they deserve to start. 

give Ayunga & Nachmani 4-5 games to form a partnership. Move some of the other deadwood on in January. 

I agree it would be a monumental turnaround but we have to consider that after the first quarter we only lost to the bigot brothers and only failed (I think) to score against the blue half in that period. 
so far the second quarter has been a monumental turnaround so I guess, especially where st Mirren are involved, anything is possible. 

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

For me, the Ayunga & Nachmani partnership against County looked the most promising.

didn’t score against Motherwell & he brings in Grieve & Olusanya who have done nothing to suggest they deserve to start. 

give Ayunga & Nachmani 4-5 games to form a partnership. Move some of the other deadwood on in January. 

Now this post I agree with 100%.

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I agree that we should persevere with Nahmani but Ayunga is a waste of a jersey. Mandron should be given a run. And they need to be given time to show what they can do. Robinson needs to stop chopping and changing from game to game. It's a sign of panic and does nothing to build any rapport or confidence in any of the strike partners.