St Mirren v Kilmarnock SPFL PREMIERSHIP 27/12/23

shull

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

St Mirren 0-1 Kilmarnock, half time.

A familiar story, nothing in it, if anything we've been the better team, but we can't buy a goal or keep a clean sheet.

I agree with all of that except “we can’t buy a goal” which I’d extend to we can’t buy a chance. 
We completely dominated that first half and had the vast majority of what I’d call positive possession, but we’re back to the bad old days of getting to the final third and having no clue. And as used to happen, the team that has barely been in the game, goes up a scores with their only chance through a combo of them having something remotely resemble a goal scorer and our poor defending. Killie had a wee flurry after the goal while we gathered ourselves and then we were back to us dominating the ball but doing f**k all with it. 
It’s so frustrating and really feels like St. Mirren teams of old. 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I agree with all of that except “we can’t buy a goal” which I’d extend to we can’t buy a chance. 
We completely dominated that first half and had the vast majority of what I’d call positive possession, but we’re back to the bad old days of getting to the final third and having no clue. And as used to happen, the team that has barely been in the game, goes up a scores with their only chance through a combo of them having something remotely resemble a goal scorer and our poor defending. Killie had a wee flurry after the goal while we gathered ourselves and then we were back to us dominating the ball but doing f**k all with it. 
It’s so frustrating and really feels like St. Mirren teams of old. 

A point was raised after the Hearts game about us not having a Shankland, or that boy who played for Aberdeen but, aye, I agree, we aren't creating decent chances and Harry Kane couldn't score for us........................well, maybe stretching that but you get my drift.

When we do get up the park it's more in hope than belief that we'll score. 

There's a focus on us not scoring but game after game our defence is unorganised and littered with individual errors.

Deep breath ….. in ….out ….. in …..out …. Remember who we are! 
unfortunately we fight above our weight which I certainly don’t agree with! We are St. Mirren FC from the biggest town in Scotland, albeit city status should have been given years ago. 
OK my prediction ….. our bubble has bust for now. We will not get relegated nor will we be in the top Six. We are currently clueless, need a boot up the arse and get back to winning ways, can’t see that too soon, so deep breaths ,,,,,, in …. Out! 

We can't score, therefor opposing teams can play without fear, it makes us look a man short.  Same problem we have had for all but a handful of seasons in the last 15 or more.

I was worried when I read the statement that the manager was going to rotate the forwards to see if anyone could "own" the slots, he should know he hasn't signed an effective striker or a player with a decent final ball in his time here.  And he let contracted players, good ones, go to Dundee and united and now we don't have a reliable central defence.  I can only hope Bolton can come good now so we can at least plug the gaps.

I feel like a mug, I gave up my status of last-remaining Robbo-sceptic a few weeks ago and we have basically stopped

30 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

We are definitely on a slippery slope. 

It's all really poor.

3-5-2 doesn't work. Just long ball after long ball up to the front two. Their big defenders are outmuscling Ayunga and Olusanya way too easily.

I would bring on Mcmenamin for Olusanya and go 3-4-2-1 / 3-4-3

McMenamin hasn't made a difference in any other game so why would that help?

St Mirren 0-1 Kilmarnock, full time.

Can't be arsed going into much detail.

If we'd won that game 2 or 3 nil there wouldn't have been a lot of complaints.

While the manager, and the players, rightly, got plaudits early in the season he, and the players, have to take responsibility for our current plight.

What's the answer, I'll leave that to others. 

PS While the "we need to stop punting it" cry gets regurgitated we certainly didn't do that more often than nought tonight. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

While the manager, and the players, rightly, got plaudits early in the season he, and the players, have to take responsibility for our current plight.

PS While the "we need to stop punting it" cry gets regurgitated we certainly didn't do that more often than nought tonight. 

January transfer window is the answer

I think the most notable thing about tonight’s result is that for me we’ve lost to the shitest team we’ve lost to this season (as in on the night). Killie were f**king shite and they still beat us. Another 3 defeats coming up without the slightest shadow of doubt. Beginning of Feb we’ll likely be 8th in the league.

Robinson got his plaudits when we were doing well. He better get his finger out now. I predict he’ll revert to the Robbo that starts talking about finances and lack of quality. 

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

😂🤣😂🤣

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

We did stop punting it in the 2nd half, so fair play. 

I think Mcmenamin and Mandron did make a difference, but again we've come away with nothing.

Our form is currently woeful and we could easily come out of the next 4 games with 0pts (Aberdeen away followed by Celtic and Rangers at home and then Hibs away). A relegation battle is on the cards now unfortunately.

Edited by Prague Buddie

Another worrying performance, devoid of ideas all over the pitch. Even more worrying the manager keeps bleating on how we don't need to change anything. 

Does he not think that teams have now worked out how to play against us? Yet he sticks by the same old system week after week (albeit with different personnel). We have 6 or 7 options up front but being honest only 1 or 2 are fit to wear the shirt.

O'Hara's captain's armband must weigh him down as he is nowhere the player he was on his current form. Though we could give him some help in there by replacing one of the three stooges up front and put an extra player in there.

How about a good old fashioned 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 Robbo? As it cannot be any worse than the rubbish we have been served up since early October.