The Club Buy Out - 10000 Hours

Ok, so it's a SMISA style contribution? SMISA have been in operation for what nine or ten years? AFAIK it's been open to every supporter of the club. At one point I was even a member before lapsing. So it should perhaps be a good indication of how the CIC will do. Now I'm asking this cause I have genuinely no idea but does SMISA have 300 members?

Another question I suppose this might raise would be if FTOF and his like transfer their £10 membership of SMISA to the CIC how will the club pay for all the things that SMISA currently pay for. Not that I know what they do pay for. I remember it being towels and t-shirts but maybe these days they are paying for something a bit more useful. Would that transference of money mean that cash is being taken from the playing side of the club to be put into the CIC?

I reckon SMISA has 80-90 members at the most, possibly less.However, I do know of at least 7 individuals who,unlike me, are not SMISA members who will be paying the £120 a year, if the CiC goes ahead.If this any indication of the take up,the 300 figure will be reached and surpassed without any problem, in my opinion.

AFAIK, but I don't pay a huge amount of attention to SMISA commuications I receive, there hasn't been a huge amount of money given to the club in the past couple of years.I could be wrong though.

I seriously doubt the footballing aspect of the club would suffer if the current SMISA contributions were directed elswhere. What I do know is that they have a significant amount of money in the bank.I missed the last meeting so I haven't a clue what they're going to do with it.

For all I know, they could have voted in my absence to give some or all of the accrued funds to the CiC.I'm really not that bothered what they do with the money,as long as it's for the good of the club,whatever that may be.

I feel unclean now.:(

I reckon SMISA has 80-90 members at the most, possibly less.However, I do know of at least 7 individuals who,unlike me, are not SMISA members who will be paying the £120 a year, if the CiC goes ahead.If this any indication of the take up,the 300 figure will be reached and surpassed without any problem, in my opinion.

AFAIK, but I don't pay a huge amount of attention to SMISA commuications I receive, there hasn't been a huge amount of money given to the club in the past couple of years.I could be wrong though.

I seriously doubt the footballing aspect of the club would suffer if the current SMISA contributions were directed elswhere. What I do know is that they have a significant amount of money in the bank.I missed the last meeting so I haven't a clue what they're going to do with it.

For all I know, they could have voted in my absence to give some or all of the accrued funds to the CiC.I'm really not that bothered what they do with the money,as long as it's for the good of the club,whatever that may be.

FTOF, have you asked your 7 individuals why they plan to contribute when they wouldn't contribute to SMISA? Genuine question, cause I genuinely can't see a reason why they would. Is it a case that they didn't like the SMISA leadership but they like Atkinson and Stewart?

I thought SMiSA was about 100 members, and had, as a sort of 'bloc vote' decided to join the CIC? For talking sake, that's 100 members right away. I'm told our Saints minded friends in the media are all going to join up, so that must amount to another 10 in total. 11 if we stretch it and allow Stu to be included as part of the media, and if he promises to be a good boy. :P

I reckon 300 is achievable - even from an ST base that still numbers a reasonably healthy 4 figure number, with more surely from pay-at-the-gate punters. I also believe there has been some interest from overseas, from folks who can't get to the games but want to contribute and feel part of the whole process. The amount of community and corporate members is anyone's guess. Maybe a lot of corporate interest has been lodged, but they simply want to wait until the funding is rubber-stamped and water tight before sticking their head above the parapet and announcing their involvement.

Worryingly, there's been nothing from the Paisley Muslim Carpet Bowls and Cross Stitching Society for a while. Hope they're not getting cold feet.

FTOF, have you asked your 7 individuals why they plan to contribute when they wouldn't contribute to SMISA? Genuine question, cause I genuinely can't see a reason why they would. Is it a case that they didn't like the SMISA leadership but they like Atkinson and Stewart?

Both my brothers were intially members, but moved abroad and SMISA never really got their communication sorted, so that's why they dropped out.

I think a couple of the others "didn't get round " to joining SMISA,but after the club became relatively safe finance wise, they didn't bother joining.They put plenty of money into the club through other means though.

They and others see the CIC as a much more organised venture, with more of a professional corporate structure and with a more organised way to deal with finances.Way more attractive than SMISA according to them.This was before membership to the bar was mooted.So i guess,it will be even more attractive to them now.

I'll be speaking to most of them this evening,so I'll get their exact words on the matter.

I thought SMiSA was about 100 members, and had, as a sort of 'bloc vote' decided to join the CIC? For talking sake, that's 100 members right away. I'm told our Saints minded friends in the media are all going to join up, so that must amount to another 10 in total. 11 if we stretch it and allow Stu to be included as part of the media, and if he promises to be a good boy. :P

I reckon 300 is achievable - even from an ST base that still numbers a reasonably healthy 4 figure number, with more surely from pay-at-the-gate punters. I also believe there has been some interest from overseas, from folks who can't get to the games but want to contribute and feel part of the whole process. The amount of community and corporate members is anyone's guess. Maybe a lot of corporate interest has been lodged, but they simply want to wait until the funding is rubber-stamped and water tight before sticking their head above the parapet and announcing their involvement.

Worryingly, there's been nothing from the Paisley Muslim Carpet Bowls and Cross Stitching Society for a while. Hope they're not getting cold feet.

The Paisley and District Muslim Ladies Carpet Bowls and Cross Stitching Society are voting on it tonight. However, given the nature of the Single Transferrable Vote system that they use to settle these matters they have had to add in some other possibilities out with joining the CiC. Word on the street is that they have a choice between, spending the cash on a pink stretched limo to take them for a curry at Bahiya Patel's house in Giffnock, going to Go Ape, getting all the society members an iPhone 5 (when it comes out) on a pay monthly contract from Vodafone with Angry Birds HD pre-installed, or joining the CiC.

The members are being asked to list their top 3 preferences and a winner will be announced when one of the options has 50%+1 of the votes cast. Thereafter the next two preferred choices will be picked and if there is any money left in the kitty, it will be spend on those things respectively.

It is a complicated process and thus why they have been quite on the matter.

I, on the other hand and FWIW, will be joining the CiC :)

ETFix my dodgy spelling.

Edited by ktf

Do you mean e-mail him or post on here to spark a debate? If its the latter then how about I start things off with use of the car park, and free admission for accompanied under 16's. If both were on offer it might not entice me back to watch football on a regular basis at Greenhill Road, but it would probably entice me to part with a tenner a month for the odd occasion when I do go.

Both good shouts IMO.

Like you, I'd be looking for something a wee bit more tangible before parting with the poppy over this.

Would it be enough to know that my individual membership will grant me some influence as to how the club is organised and run? Well....only if I was furnished with sufficient information to confirm that this would genuinely transpire, and how.

I think the car park option would be a good test. As for U16 getting in for nowt, I'm not sure if it would cost any more to take out an ST for the kid anyway, so this might have limited appeal. In any event, we should be charging washers at most to let kids in as they are the future of the club.

For a tenner a month, I'd think that perhaps a programme for each home match could cost a quid, and a 25% reduction on hospitality would be attractive.

The Paisley and District Muslim Ladies Carpet Bowls and Cross Stitching Society are voting on it tonight. However, given the nature of the Single Transferrable Vote system that they use to settle these matters they have had to add in some other possibilities out with joining the CiC. Word on the street is that they have a choice between, spending the cash on a pink stretched limo to take them for a curry at Bahiya Patel's house in Giffnock, going to Go Ape, getting all the society members an iPhone 5 (when it comes out) on a pay monthly contract from Vodafone with Angry Birds HD pre-installed, or joining the CiC.

The members are being asked to list their top 3 preferences and a winner will be announced when one of the options has 50%+1 of the votes cast. Thereafter the next two preferred choices will be picked and if there is any money left in the kitty, it will be spend on those things respectively.

It is a complicated process and thus why they have been quite on the matter.

I, on the other hand and FWIW, will be joining the CiC :)

ETFix my dodgy spelling.

It might be simpler if you persuaded The Paisley and District Muslim Ladies Carpet Bowls and Cross Stitching Society to just use an AV system...

That wouldn't be "quite on the matter"... to the same extent... :rolleyes:

(Apologies - but far too tempting was the

ETFix my dodgy spelling.
:P )

It might be simpler if you persuaded The Paisley and District Muslim Ladies Carpet Bowls and Cross Stitching Society to just use an AV system...

That wouldn't be "quite on the matter"... to the same extent... :rolleyes:

(Apologies - but far too tempting was the :P )

Bugger! :P

Although, bad spelling and simple typos surely can't be counted as the same thing...!

Hmm... Anyway, they are probably going to revert back to the FPTP system, as it is much simpler to understand and implement. This should mean they are quicker to make decisions in future.

Edited by ktf

Although, bad spelling and simple typos surely can't be counted as the same thing...!

Hmm... Anyway, they are probably going to revert back to the FPTP system, as it is much simpler to understand and implement. This should mean they are quicker to make decisions in future.

The FPTP system is being trialed by the Dyslexic r*ngers Supporters Club.

I can answer that from my own point of view having been a member.

In our darkest days of financial trouble SMISA was set up to help the club out in some small way. For that reason I joined SMISA.

When the club cleared it's debt I chose then to leave SMISA.

Now I will sign up to the CIC proposal

I also saw this above post before you ETA'd it btw... :wink:

The FPTP system is being trialed by the Dyslexic r*ngers Supporters Club.

:lol:

I also saw this above post before you ETA'd it btw... :wink:

:lol::lol: I originally replied on my iPhone, which can be hit and miss at the best of times...

Knowing your eagle eye and pedantic nature, I rushed downstairs, swiped my Mac from the missus and edited it. Alas, I was not fast enough :(

Both good shouts IMO.

Like you, I'd be looking for something a wee bit more tangible before parting with the poppy over this.

Would it be enough to know that my individual membership will grant me some influence as to how the club is organised and run? Well....only if I was furnished with sufficient information to confirm that this would genuinely transpire, and how.

I think the car park option would be a good test. As for U16 getting in for nowt, I'm not sure if it would cost any more to take out an ST for the kid anyway, so this might have limited appeal. In any event, we should be charging washers at most to let kids in as they are the future of the club.

For a tenner a month, I'd think that perhaps a programme for each home match could cost a quid, and a 25% reduction on hospitality would be attractive.

After all the scarlet and blue thing I thought you would have jumped into this feet first. That's not a dig so don't take it the wrong way. As change was wanted. Now here we are with a golden opportunity for us the fans to have a proper say on how the club works. What's not to like apart from finding out a wee bit more detail on the loans.

After all the scarlet and blue thing I thought you would have jumped into this feet first. That's not a dig so don't take it the wrong way. As change was wanted. Now here we are with a golden opportunity for us the fans to have a proper say on how the club works. What's not to like apart from finding out a wee bit more detail on the loans.

Me & Reidy still have our scarves at the ready. :lol:

Surely any "cold feet" could be sorted by amalgamating with the paisley knitting society?:rolleyes:

Oh dear Sid. You've done it again, and you are doing a wonderful job of presenting yourself as a trigger-happy cretin.

Please go and check out my recent comments, which were actually very supportive of the CIC bid. I have no "issues" whatsoever with the CIC bid. I will sign up as a member and have already stated that it is great to see some supporter involvement, stretching beyond the Paisley locale.

All I have ever done is query the strength of the private sector backing.....and then stated that if it comes off then this is terriffic. Hardly the work of a cranked up malevolent troublemaker. This forum is meant to be for a debate, and if someone makes a valid point (in the eyes of another forum member) without abusing people, then surely there is no harm in suggesting that he has some good ideas/opinions.

However, your desire to have a real go at me is duly noted.

Mind how you go sunshine.

Not at all, I am just expressing concern for your frame of mind at the moment and your ability to view the CIC opportunity objectively without being influenced by other factors, that is hardly the same as "having a go". :)

Good to hear that you are fully on board and will be joining the CIC. It would be a shame if supporters let personal grudges get in the way of a great opportunity for the club. Mind how you go too cloudy with a chance a showers. :rolleyes:

Edited by St. Sid

Take the blinkers off folks, this is a very good post. May not agree 100%, but this exactly what an independent website is all about.

theres some good points being raised and would be good to see them being addressed. this thread was begining to get interesting with 10000 hours answering various points before the fuds got in with their personal abuse and lynch mob mentality.

as for st.sid, he has previous for attacking fellow supporters on here, he cut his teeth on the terracing of parkhead were in-fighting amongst fellow supporters is common-place and accepted. him and his alaises lead the virtual mob on here.

My question would be what happens if/when the CIC doesn't get the grants/loans it is after.

If 10000hours does not get awarded either the total funding needed or the level of support required from individual, corporate and community members to fullfil the business plan then 10000hours will not complete the deal.

Community interest Companies only work if the community is interested.

The idea of a proper community club is something that interests me greatly. It's no secret that I've been heavily involved in a couple of community sports clubs in my neck of the woods and I've got my own ideas as to how a senior professional football club could work in partnership with those to the mutual financial benefit of both parties.

We would be delighted to hear from you regarding your own ideas.

No one at 10000hours has claimed that their is only one way of doing this and if there are people wo can contribute ideas that can make a difference then we would be delighted to hear them.

Please either post your ideas on here or mail to [email protected].

We would also like to hear of your experience at other Community Sports Clubs incase we can learn anything, which ones have you been involved with?