Club Sale. Developments "very Soon"

div

i am very sceptical i know , i just don't get why a guy with no previous interest in st mirren wants to put 500k up to part purchase the club, he must want to make money from it some way or another - he is a businessman after all, i have no truck with that if it keeps us progressing,One of his intial comments "the model works better in lower leagues" is a major concern, it has me thinking that his plans don't lie well with the SPL, and its rules and regs, Involving the wider community to enable access to grants etc, will provide income but if it doesn't provide enough to cover whatever he needs it for do club funds then need to be used. Another concern is that any money generated from games,TV, advertising etc, might not be available to buy players. To put it shortly it might keep us going but will it matter to him if we are in a lower league or indeed will he be happier if we are in a lower league that's my concern

I hope you had fish in tin foil.

Wisnae too bad actually.....the bread being served on bit of wood with nae butter, but with a shallow dish of balsamic vinegar that had split from the olive oil was a bit daft; however the food was good other than that - creative stuff with cheaper cuts of meat....really like that. Place was called "The Corner Grill" on Church Street.

i am very sceptical i know , i just don't get why a guy with no previous interest in st mirren wants to put 500k up to part purchase the club, he must want to make money from it some way or another - he is a businessman after all, i have no truck with that if it keeps us progressing,One of his intial comments "the model works better in lower leagues" is a major concern, it has me thinking that his plans don't lie well with the SPL, and its rules and regs, Involving the wider community to enable access to grants etc, will provide income but if it doesn't provide enough to cover whatever he needs it for do club funds then need to be used. Another concern is that any money generated from games,TV, advertising etc, might not be available to buy players. To put it shortly it might keep us going but will it matter to him if we are in a lower league or indeed will he be happier if we are in a lower league that's my concern

Have heard RA address CIC meetings a few times and don't remember him saying anything about a CIC model working better in the lower leagues or suggesting he wanted to take us into the SFL so the CIC would work better. I do remember him saying that he thought the CIC was a good way for a club of our size to move forward and be owned by the fans / community and that he couldn't see the same model helping r*ngers out due to the size of their debts and urgency to repay them... he reckoned we had a big enough percentage of our support willing to sign up for the £10 per month direct debit to finance buying the majority shareholding over 10 years but with r*ngers debts they would need all their fans to basically be willing to stump up thousands each instantly... or words to that effect.

Any time I have heard RA speak about the CIC and St Mirren he has sounded ambitious about using the CIC and links to the community as a way of increasing the number of people paying to use facilities at St Mirren Park and also far more importantly about increasing the number of people coming to games and buying merchandise and increasing the club's revenue and ability to compete with other provincial clubs in the SPL.

You might be sceptical about the CiC/Co-op but over the last week or so we've been watching what can happen to clubs if the wrong person gets involved and there's no-one to challenge anything he does. The CiC would give the members clarity of what is happening inside the club and give them the chance to make decisions to avoid the type of implosion happening a few miles up the road.

REA was asked what relegation would mean under the CIC model. His answer was that the CIC model would work well in the lower leagues. He elaborated that the business plan has to be adjusted for 1st division football. There would be no difference because of a CIC model. Relegation means an adjustment of the business plan no matter what structure we have. What he did say that the CIC model widens the incomes streams relieving some of the financial pain of relegation.

I had lunch with a Director of ICT today. When I told him some of the things we are doing at St Mirren he was boaking with jealousy. Good guy and keen to replicate a lot of the stuff we are doing.

We have a great opportunity as a club and as a community.

That would have been caused by watching you eat, if the rumours are anything to go by.

Have heard RA address CIC meetings a few times and don't remember him saying anything about a CIC model working better in the lower leagues or suggesting he wanted to take us into the SFL so the CIC would work better. I do remember him saying that he thought the CIC was a good way for a club of our size to move forward and be owned by the fans / community and that he couldn't see the same model helping r*ngers out due to the size of their debts and urgency to repay them... he reckoned we had a big enough percentage of our support willing to sign up for the £10 per month direct debit to finance buying the majority shareholding over 10 years but with r*ngers debts they would need all their fans to basically be willing to stump up thousands each instantly... or words to that effect.

Any time I have heard RA speak about the CIC and St Mirren he has sounded ambitious about using the CIC and links to the community as a way of increasing the number of people paying to use facilities at St Mirren Park and also far more importantly about increasing the number of people coming to games and buying merchandise and increasing the club's revenue and ability to compete with other provincial clubs in the SPL.

i made no reference to r*ngers, i am sceptical because i am wary of someone, it's my opinion and i'd like to be proved wrong

You might be sceptical about the CiC/Co-op but over the last week or so we've been watching what can happen to clubs if the wrong person gets involved and there's no-one to challenge anything he does. The CiC would give the members clarity of what is happening inside the club and give them the chance to make decisions to avoid the type of implosion happening a few miles up the road.

i will remain sceptical, it's my opinion, and i also think that as some people will be making large sum investments then they will be the decision makers not small investors

i will remain sceptical, it's my opinion, and i also think that as some people will be making large sum investments then they will be the decision makers not small investors

The model is one person, one vote irrespective of level of investment. Having said that I'd have no problem having anyone who has been voted onto the board making the day to day decisions, It's the transparency (specially with accounts) that appeals to me, knowing what is going on cash wise would mean we could stop SMFC getting into the mess other clubs have got themselves in to.

Being sceptical over such matters is a good thing, it shows that you care.

What like about the whole proposal is the transparency and the need for votes on matters of importance.

I never want to see a single individual own my football club again. You only have to look at the damage that has been done to the Govan tax dodgers (as good as that is) to see what a single persons mistakes can cost.

The need for votes acts like a buffer. It is a democracy and to quote Winston Churchill (roughly) "Democracy is a poor form of government, but it is better that all the others we have tried".

Carry on!

Being sceptical over such matters is a good thing, it shows that you care.

What like about the whole proposal is the transparency and the need for votes on matters of importance.

I never want to see a single individual own my football club again. You only have to look at the damage that has been done to the Govan tax dodgers (as good as that is) to see what a single persons mistakes can cost.

The need for votes acts like a buffer. It is a democracy and to quote Winston Churchill (roughly) "Democracy is a poor form of government, but it is better that all the others we have tried".

Carry on!

Why are there no gold stars for posts like this, I'm sceptical about the CiC but I also think it's the best way forward for the clube.