Club Sale. Developments "very Soon"

div

Well as Baldrick would say "it was a cunning plan".......Ken made the bid in January while Craig Whyte was still getting support in the media and Ran*ers fans were still split on his end game. The talks between him and Collier Bristow would have taken place months before the bid was made. It's really simple HSS....He was fronting a bid for Craig Whyte to buy St Mirren and get them back to the SPL after liquidation. Can I make that any more clear for you??

It certainly looks like there was an attempt to put stooges into place should liquidation happen but Gilmour didn't say that Reborn. Infact he was quite quick to say that there was no concrete evidence that Whyte or r*ngers were behind the bid. However while the interview is a good strong one from Gilmour which should reassure supporters against the scenario I painted, there has to be a note of concern that McGeoch - a major shareholder at the club - appears to have been a willing participant putting a business transaction ahead of his love for the club. How many other shareholders would do the same - and is there the potential that the consortium could split if inflated offers are put on the table? For example would Mrs Purves be willing to jump ship for a bit more money?

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Of course there a few other very significant shareholders not part of the consortium who would be highly likely to back SG. Somebody out there will probably have the figures. Not to mention the handfuls of shares that supporters have. I know what way we'd all vote.

Do Bears Shit in the wood ? Supporters are The LifeBlood of our Club ! thumbup2.gif

So why did your post appear to put the boot in to REA and the CiC. Going from Stuart Gilmour's recent BBC interview we may have just dodged a bullet from the consortium being diligent, would any future owner of the club be the same ?

The CiC/Coop is not perfect but I think it's the best deal to safeguard the long term future of the club. By all means bring up points and issues that can be looked at and resolved whether by negotiation or under a constitution but get involved and have a say in the the club's future.

It certainly looks like there was an attempt to put stooges into place should liquidation happen but Gilmour didn't say that Reborn. Infact he was quite quick to say that there was no concrete evidence that Whyte or r*ngers were behind the bid. However while the interview is a good strong one from Gilmour which should reassure supporters against the scenario I painted, there has to be a note of concern that McGeoch - a major shareholder at the club - appears to have been a willing participant putting a business transaction ahead of his love for the club. How many other shareholders would do the same - and is there the potential that the consortium could split if inflated offers are put on the table? For example would Mrs Purves be willing to jump ship for a bit more money?

Stuart Gilmour can't say that Stuart and you know it!. Ken McGeoch has been working with Gary Withey??/ ......The man who disappeared from a burning wreck of a club AND Law company. Game over for the Whyte/ McGeoch plan now and he should certainly get his chance to speak at the AGM before being booted into the fire and never darken our door again. As for the future.....REA will have a bid in place "very soon" which will take away your concern of Mrs Purves etc.

Stuart Gilmour can't say that Stuart and you know it!. Ken McGeoch has been working with Gary Withey??/ ......The man who disappeared from a burning wreck of a club AND Law company. Game over for the Whyte/ McGeoch plan now and he should certainly get his chance to speak at the AGM before being booted into the fire and never darken our door again. As for the future.....REA will have a bid in place "very soon" which will take away your concern of Mrs Purves etc.

...and I very much look forward to that day. You'll know that, unlike many others, I've been solidly behind RA and the CIC bid once my initial disappointment was allayed. Of course I've never been convinced that St Mirren supporters deserved or would know what to do with the potential that has been gifted to them, but they'll hopefully get their chance to prove me wrong in due course.

It's Pozbaird I feel most sorry for though. Imagine going this far and then declaring he'd lost interest in the whole thing and was now only interested in eating pies - just days before confirmation that the bid is close to conclusion.

Assumptions and pressumptions Bud ? I state here and now that I Think REA is The Real Slim Shady ? The Guy is a chancer in the same mould as Craig Shyte !

And do you have any evidence to back this up ?

He does have the standing order forms for almost 1000 Saints supporters, if he was going to run away with them wouldn't he have cleared all our bank accounts by now and done a runner yet I've not seen one post on this forum to say there's been an unauthorised transaction from their bank account. If he was going to strip the club's assets then why form a CiC that puts an asset lock on the club and why after working with him for about 2 years are the consortium still convinced it's the best deal for the long term future of the club ? If it's all an ego trip to become the chairman of a football club then why put yourself in a position where the CiC members would have to vote for you and would be able to scrutinize every aspect of the club instead of taking a short term loan to buy the club outright and then funding that through a long term loan against the club ? I have tried to see an angle where he could be trying to make money out of this and can't, all I can see is an angle where he boosts his personal reputation.

Assumptions and pressumptions Bud ? I state here and now that I Think REA is The Real Slim Shady ? The Guy is a chancer in the same mould as Craig Shyte !

OK How do you know this......................dont tell me its in ur water.

Do you know Richard......... do go on please tell and inform all fans

I have tried to see an angle where he could be trying to make money out of this and can't, all I can see is an angle where he boosts his personal reputation.

Speculation on my part - but I believe there would be money to be made from the fact that he'll have headed up the biggest social enterprise takeover of a sports club in the UK to date. It's a pretty big "in" for a market place where fan ownership is going to become a more desirable club ownership model - and of course there are huge construction and maintenance programmes being run in sports club stadia and venues nationwide.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

So as far as I can tell this is the biggest reason within my lifetime for a Saints fan to, let's say 'resent' r*ngers. Backhanded and despicable by the sounds of it.

Fair enough. For me their sectarian signing policy, their bigoted fans, and the deplorable speeches their support made outside the front door of Ibrox Stadium about signing of Catholics (only their fans weren't quite so polite) whilst burning their scarves at the news Maurice Johnston had signed for them that did it. But I suppose if you can see past all that and past the way David Murray pushed the first nail into Airdrieonians coffin, past the bullshit that surrounded the signing of Ian Ferguson, or the way their fans taunted Tony Fitzpatrick about the death of his son.....I can see how you might reach that conclusion. :rolleyes:

Fair enough. For me their sectarian signing policy, their bigoted fans, and the deplorable speeches their support made outside the front door of Ibrox Stadium about signing of Catholics (only their fans weren't quite so polite) whilst burning their scarves at the news Maurice Johnston had signed for them that did it. But I suppose if you can see past all that and past the way David Murray pushed the first nail into Airdrieonians coffin, past the bullshit that surrounded the signing of Ian Ferguson, or the way their fans taunted Tony Fitzpatrick about the death of his son.....I can see how you might reach that conclusion. rolleyes.gif

Yet you want St Mirren to be bought over and transported to Govan? You are one strange dude.

Fair enough. For me their sectarian signing policy, their bigoted fans, and the deplorable speeches their support made outside the front door of Ibrox Stadium about signing of Catholics (only their fans weren't quite so polite) whilst burning their scarves at the news Maurice Johnston had signed for them that did it. But I suppose if you can see past all that and past the way David Murray pushed the first nail into Airdrieonians coffin, past the bullshit that surrounded the signing of Ian Ferguson, or the way their fans taunted Tony Fitzpatrick about the death of his son.....I can see how you might reach that conclusion. :rolleyes:

Sorry. I meant "within my memory and aside from the obvious hatred towards people with whom they share a religion". IF (did) and TF's son (must have) happened when I was very young. Perhaps my lack of knowledge on that subject is due to the pre-internet days when my only contact with saints was pre-season friendlies and crouching over a radio every saturday listening to the classified scores on bbc world service. Not easy to follow div 1 saints from abroad in those days.

Yet you want St Mirren to be bought over and transported to Govan? You are one strange dude.

Scott - I've never said I wanted it. I made it clear I was playing devils advocate with the intention of highlighting a risk.

I don't think it's done yet either. Put yourself in the shoes of a r*ngers fan right now. If it had been St Mirren facing liquidation wouldn't you want your supporters organisations to investigate every way possible to keep some semblance of the club in existence? r*ngers have always been a strong financial force in Scottish Football - there's nothing to suggest that a Newco r*ngers wouldn't be as well. Its being alleged that the prospect of making money turned one major shareholders head despite him being a St Mirren fan, how much money do you think it might take to turn some of the others as well, especially when there is a very real prospect that every share will be completely worthless in the near future?

A fair bit of needless knicker-wetting from people on here.

Absolutely no link to r*ngers whatsoever but hey let's hang, draw and quarter a long serving board member without having either any direct evidence or giving him a chance to explain what is going on.

And people wonder why I get frustrated with idiots.whistling.gif

All down to politics. The SNP are doing their best to kill off the CIC altogether irrespective of what is put forward by 10,000hrs. If the gov are determined not to back the proposals then you won't get the PR. Stu was actually correct to point to the pricetag. It has also been a blocker. With no pricetag to worry about at 'well it makes more sense to talk about their project as it is more likely to progress.

StuDick is also right about the community element of our CIC. That's what makes the political opporition from scumbag SNP c"ntcillors all the more reprehensible. And more than that all the SNP c"ntcillors are boaktastic ugly.

I knew Sid and Stuart Dickson were the same person.

Scott - I've never said I wanted it. I made it clear I was playing devils advocate with the intention of highlighting a risk.

I don't think it's done yet either. Put yourself in the shoes of a r*ngers fan right now. If it had been St Mirren facing liquidation wouldn't you want your supporters organisations to investigate every way possible to keep some semblance of the club in existence? r*ngers have always been a strong financial force in Scottish Football - there's nothing to suggest that a Newco r*ngers wouldn't be as well. Its being alleged that the prospect of making money turned one major shareholders head despite him being a St Mirren fan, how much money do you think it might take to turn some of the others as well, especially when there is a very real prospect that every share will be completely worthless in the near future?

I am willing to back up your point of never suggesting this Newco/ St Mirren deal should go ahead, It would take a blind man not to see this would be in the interests of Craig Whyte to secure SPL status after liqudation. The point I made was SG would never let this happen for any amount of money as the club would die. As we read between the lines of his statement it is VERY clear what he thinks. Taking his actual words there is a sentence which says if there is any "risk" to the future of the club then it's NO DEAL!.....Ken can cancel his new London lawyers now and save some money cause he will always represent a risk. A statement from Ken McGeoch is needed but until then I am more than willing to back our greatest ever Chairman...over to you Ken and your supporters on here(not many mind)

When we were handing out the flyers Brian Lawson completely ignored me when I offered him a leaflet. At least his mate Jack Paterson had the decency to talk and put forward his point of view that it was doomed to failure and he would not support it. That probably explains why the B&W Magazine which Jack edits and produces has never carried any information on 10000Hours as far as I can remember. It would have been good to see an article in this magazine - even if it was a FOR vs AGAINST discussion as I'm sure many buddies receive this as part of a monthly subscription. Just because I don't agree with his views on 10000Hours will not stop my subscription.

However for someone so high up (no pun intended) in the council and a Saints fan - Brian Lawson could at least show some support for a community led initiative that will help keep St Mirren in fan ownership.

The anti-CIC mob have always opted to keep their identities under wraps. Whenever challenged they scuttled back into their shells and chose instead to employ scumbag tactics through political channels to try and kill off fan ownership at St Mirren in a cynical attempt to protect their own personal interests. Discpicable cnuts to a man - disgraceful that they sullied the great and good name of the Magnifient 7 in their disgraceful Internet campaign. "Summon All the Heroes".....the heroes are the 1,000 buds that signed up and the chaps that risked their personal reputations to give us the chance we have before us.

Wullie Ding Dong actually did quite a good write up in the match day programme. I don't usually read the articles as they're usually shite, but this was actually no too shabby.

Most Saints fans just want to be able to go along and suppot the team on a match day. 10,000hrs offers a few bonus points. A bit of added protection from naughty bids plus the community benefits / investment. The long term future of the club is the critical element. I'm in no rush for any change and I think that will be most supporters view point. However it would be good to get rid of the uncertainty and be able to crack on with developing the club.

Wullie Ding Dong actually did quite a good write up in the match day programme. I don't usually read the articles as they're usually shite, but this was actually no too shabby.

Most Saints fans just want to be able to go along and suppot the team on a match day. 10,000hrs offers a few bonus points. A bit of added protection from naughty bids plus the community benefits / investment. The long term future of the club is the critical element. I'm in no rush for any change and I think that will be most supporters view point. However it would be good to get rid of the uncertainty and be able to crack on with developing the club.

I agree with what you say,Sid, and in general terms there should be no reason to hurry it providing the r*ngers thing is absolutely dead. I know Stewart Gilmour seemed very sincere but if r*ngers go into liquidation and a Newco crowd appear waving £4m/ £5m about who's to say it would never tempt some of the directors. The sooner the CIC/Co-OP gets going the better. A possibility is, of course, that Stewart Gilmour already has insider information that r*ngers will be in the SPL next season.

A fair bit of needless knicker-wetting from people on here.

Absolutely no link to r*ngers whatsoever but hey let's hang, draw and quarter a long serving board member without having either any direct evidence or giving him a chance to explain what is going on.

And people wonder why I get frustrated with idiots.whistling.gif

I thought so also which you can find in my history.

Now I have changed my opinion as there is something very bad about the latest offer.

Days of old the Scottish hierarchy was very famous for taking 6 peaces of silver from their enemy for wealth and power. Indeed history dose repeat it’s self.