Petrol

Eddy

Been really busy, I see smokie is still referring to you as he.

I also note you are not best pleased with him.

Back on topic no fuel issues for me I am always fully fuelled as Lord Shull will testify to.

Especially after paying all that money for the operation

This story is true, loosely based on petrol and has a St.Mirren connection. Might interest some of you.

About ten years ago I was in my local one Saturday afternoon. I was in company with a few of my mates. One of them, Olly, had been a part time member of the RUC for nearly thirty years at at one point I heard him kind of catch his breath. I looked up and I saw he was looking at a big tall fair haired guy across the bar from us. During the troubles, it was an occupational hazard for a policeman to be recognised in the wrong place, (Especially without his gun). The fair haired guy kind of smiled and came round towards us. I have to admit, I was nervous. In these situations you just never know what can happen. The big fella said to Olly,'Do I know you?' and Olly said,yes, I worked with your dad. The atmosphere changed, it was smiles all round and we got back to enjoying ourselves. I caught that the big man's name was Jim and he and Olly started talking about the Jim's dad and people they both knew. I was kind of in the conversation but I had an eye on final score trying to see the Saints result. Eventually the guy Jim said to me,'So you're a Scotchman then?' Sharp as a tack these Ulstermen. I think it's my accent. I gave up years ago trying to correct the Scotchman thing. Before I could say a word, Olly chipped in 'Not only is he a Scotsman, he supports St.Mirren and he knew Davy Lapsley!' Now, I've never claimed to have known Davy Lapsley. I probably got his autograph about a dozen times because that what we did in those days. Olly I knew had worked with Shell all his life and so it turned out had Jim's dad. Probably quite a few of you will recall that so too did Davy Lapsley. Virtually all Northern Ireland's petrol used to come from Scotland and still does. Olly and Jim's dad knew Davy well and Jim as a boy had often accompanied his dad to Grangemouth and had come to regard Davy as an uncle. We had a right old chin-wag about St.Mirren. And then a couple of Jim's mates appeared from the pool-room and he had to go. Jim had to pay their bill and you've heard of a guy producing a wad of notes that would choke a horse. Well, think hippo and you might get the picture.Jim bought nearly everybody in the bar a drink before they left.

When they had gone ,Olly asked me if I had recognised Jim. When I said no , he told me,'He is Doris Day!' You could have knocked me over with a feather. Some of you will probably know who I mean but if not google Jim 'Doris Day'Gray, UDA commander. Easy to find. Just months later, he was shot in the face apparently on the orders of Johnny 'Mad Dog' Adair. He as you may know until recently lived in Troon. Jim survived that shooting but needed a lot of plastic surgery to his face. Three years later he was killed in a hail of bullets in his father's garden. Killed by his own side.

He was no loss to humanity. He undoubtedly murdered several people personally and ordered the deaths of many more. The google entries only covers part of the story. His name still crops up over here now and again. Everyone says there isn't a good word to say about him and of course that's true. But he did kind of follow St.Mirren.

No one cares about your terror loving bigoted country. Thankfully we won't be supporting you by 2020.

This story is true, loosely based on petrol and has a St.Mirren connection. Might interest some of you.

About ten years ago I was in my local one Saturday afternoon. I was in company with a few of my mates. One of them, Olly, had been a part time member of the RUC for nearly thirty years at at one point I heard him kind of catch his breath. I looked up and I saw he was looking at a big tall fair haired guy across the bar from us. During the troubles, it was an occupational hazard for a policeman to be recognised in the wrong place, (Especially without his gun). The fair haired guy kind of smiled and came round towards us. I have to admit, I was nervous. In these situations you just never know what can happen. The big fella said to Olly,'Do I know you?' and Olly said,yes, I worked with your dad. The atmosphere changed, it was smiles all round and we got back to enjoying ourselves. I caught that the big man's name was Jim and he and Olly started talking about the Jim's dad and people they both knew. I was kind of in the conversation but I had an eye on final score trying to see the Saints result. Eventually the guy Jim said to me,'So you're a Scotchman then?' Sharp as a tack these Ulstermen. I think it's my accent. I gave up years ago trying to correct the Scotchman thing. Before I could say a word, Olly chipped in 'Not only is he a Scotsman, he supports St.Mirren and he knew Davy Lapsley!' Now, I've never claimed to have known Davy Lapsley. I probably got his autograph about a dozen times because that what we did in those days. Olly I knew had worked with Shell all his life and so it turned out had Jim's dad. Probably quite a few of you will recall that so too did Davy Lapsley. Virtually all Northern Ireland's petrol used to come from Scotland and still does. Olly and Jim's dad knew Davy well and Jim as a boy had often accompanied his dad to Grangemouth and had come to regard Davy as an uncle. We had a right old chin-wag about St.Mirren. And then a couple of Jim's mates appeared from the pool-room and he had to go. Jim had to pay their bill and you've heard of a guy producing a wad of notes that would choke a horse. Well, think hippo and you might get the picture.Jim bought nearly everybody in the bar a drink before they left.

When they had gone ,Olly asked me if I had recognised Jim. When I said no , he told me,'He is Doris Day!' You could have knocked me over with a feather. Some of you will probably know who I mean but if not google Jim 'Doris Day'Gray, UDA commander. Easy to find. Just months later, he was shot in the face apparently on the orders of Johnny 'Mad Dog' Adair. He as you may know until recently lived in Troon. Jim survived that shooting but needed a lot of plastic surgery to his face. Three years later he was killed in a hail of bullets in his father's garden. Killed by his own side.

He was no loss to humanity. He undoubtedly murdered several people personally and ordered the deaths of many more. The google entries only covers part of the story. His name still crops up over here now and again. Everyone says there isn't a good word to say about him and of course that's true. But he did kind of follow St.Mirren.

Good story Rick.

http://www.smh.com.a...8191751620.html

Edited by shull

Been really busy, I see smokie is still referring to you as he.

I also note you are not best pleased with him.

Back on topic no fuel issues for me I am always fully fuelled as Lord Shull will testify to.

Smokie's a Clown post-8154-0-44638000-1333143572_thumb.gi.

I went to the local Garage and filled up two Jerry Cans. I don't even have a car and I can't even drive.thumbup2.gif

Edited by Tracy Barlow Loyal

About ten years ago I was in my local one Saturday afternoon. I was in company with a few of my mates. One of them, Olly, had been a part time member of the RUC for nearly thirty years at at one point I heard him kind of catch his breath. I looked up and I saw he was looking at a big tall fair haired guy across the bar from us.

I thought this was going to be similar to Perthshirebell's Gym Changing Rooms stories.

Better watch out, some other moron got burnt messing about with Jerry Cans. whistling.gif

I know that everyone is hand-wringing over this "terrible tragedy" but seriously some people are so unbelievably stupid that laughing is the only option. I sometimes wonder whether people do this deliberately in a weird attempt to claim some compensation.

I can't believe Labour are asking Maude to resign over it.

I know that everyone is hand-wringing over this "terrible tragedy" but seriously some people are so unbelievably stupid that laughing is the only option. I sometimes wonder whether people do this deliberately in a weird attempt to claim some compensation.

What I hate is when I'm in London and the Tube is stopped because some one has jumped in front of one of the trains. I always feel sad, but the locals all start raving on about the "selfiish B" that's making them late for work. Hope I never get that sick in the head

I also laughed. I do think Maude should resign though, it was an incredibly stupid thing to say, almost as stupid as what that woman did.

Also this:

Edited by RossTheBoss

I thought this was going to be similar to Perthshirebell's Gym Changing Rooms stories.

You may be closer to the truth than you imagined. Gray was bisexual and it was well known that he frequently went on 'recreational' trips to Thailand. His only son died out there when on a debauched trip with him. Maybe Gray fancied one of us that day in Bangor. Well, we are attractive men! I'm glad I didn't realise who he was when I was talking to him. He wasn't a good guy to upset.

What I hate is when I'm in London and the Tube is stopped because some one has jumped in front of one of the trains. I always feel sad, but the locals all start raving on about the "selfiish B" that's making them late for work. Hope I never get that sick in the head

I think you've been fortunate. I've been here in London and commuting for 42 years and never ever have I heard a reaction such as that.

I may well have thought it.

I think you've been fortunate. I've been here in London and commuting for 42 years and never ever have I heard a reaction such as that.

I may well have thought it.

If only I get the overnight train into Euston and am on the Tube at 6:30, appartently the jumpers like an early start, I've heard it a few times.

I've also heard it once here when someone jumped at Milliken Park train station

If someone chokes to death on a Cornish pasty can we get half the cabinet to resign as well as the three Labour idiots that marched into Greggs for the first time in their lives to prove they are down with the poor?

My neice was eating a carmal waffer and tripped, the sharp edge of the wafer cut her head and she had to go and get is stitched!

If you caught that 'The tube' program it certainly seemed to be the reaction of most on 'one unders'. Guy at Leicester Square said that when he worked at Holborn a guy dropped dead at the bottom of the escalator and people were stepping over him to get on the trains.

If you caught that 'The tube' program it certainly seemed to be the reaction of most on 'one unders'. Guy at Leicester Square said that when he worked at Holborn a guy dropped dead at the bottom of the escalator and people were stepping over him to get on the trains.

I can see how you get caught up in it like that but surely we're all better than that

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...