Internet Dating

faraway saint

Just seen an advert for an internet dating site.

Goes along the lines of a female saying her daughter recommended this site to her who, in turn recommended it to her mum. whistling.gif

Suggests a sign of the times that 3 generations are looking for a partner.

I've always felt that if families break up it sets a trend for the children, although, as always, there are no rules.

I'm still a believer that a family unit, with a mum & dad who have some basic standards like working, honesty and manners , can help the children have a more settled lifestyle and go onto lead a fulfilling life.

Goes along the lines of a female saying her daughter recommended this site to her who, in turn recommended it to her mum. whistling.gif

I've always felt that if families break up it sets a trend for the children, although, as always, there are no rules.

I'm still a believer that a family unit, with a mum & dad who have some basic standards like working, honesty and manners , can help the children have a more settled lifestyle and go onto lead a fulfilling life.

Don't say that out load at the school, you'll get the boot

How did the first date go?

Uniform Dating site

I tried it but got banned

Apparently asking for a 19 year old in a School uniform isn't acceptable behaviour.

Didn't work because 19 year old boys would have left school by the time they turn 19.

Try asking for a 14 year old.

Hope this helps.

Both of the older generations could have easily been widowed, and the daughters' mothers and father could have had a strong and positive impact on their respective child that each now feels comfortable talking about relationships to her mother.

Children need to have a good, stable family behind them as an absolute bare minimum.

The make up of that family is irrelevant. It can be two men, two women, a man and a woman or a single parent.

As for family break ups, I'm not sure I follow your point.

By saying "sign of the times" you appear to be suggesting that the parents should stay together rather than get divorced.

I don't see any logic to support any view that this would be better for the kid.

In fact, if it was my parents, I'd prefer them to split up rather than fight and argue every night for 20 years.

Both of the older generations could have easily been widowed, and the daughters' mothers and father could have had a strong and positive impact on their respective child that each now feels comfortable talking about relationships to her mother.

Excellent point. That's 3 generations talking to each other about the most embarassing stuff imaginable.

Children need to have a good, stable family behind them as an absolute bare minimum.

The make up of that family is irrelevant. It can be two men, two women, a man and a woman or a single parent.

As for family break ups, I'm not sure I follow your point.

By saying "sign of the times" you appear to be suggesting that the parents should stay together rather than get divorced.

I don't see any logic to support any view that this would be better for the kid.

In fact, if it was my parents, I'd prefer them to split up rather than fight and argue every night for 20 years.

It would appear you are jumping to conclusions, and not for the first time. bangin.gif

I'm suggesting that marriage is taken, in my opinion, far too lightly in these modern times and that quite often it's worth sticking with it.

I'm also not suggesting that if a marriage is irretrievably broken the couple should stay together.

Thanks for making things up, you're good at it. lol.gif

I'm suggesting that marriage is taken, in my opinion, far too lightly in these modern times and that quite often it's worth sticking with it.

I've been with my "missus" for 25 years now without getting married, we're still together. With a grandson.

It's not about marriage, it's about commitment.

It would appear you are jumping to conclusions, and not for the first time. bangin.gif

I'm also not suggesting that if a marriage is irretrievably broken the couple should stay together.

Thanks for making things up, you're good at it. lol.gif

You also mentioned a man and a woman.

Not sure why you'd think that was relevant in terms of providing kids with a suitable upbringing.