Geordie Shore Season 2

Super_Saints

It's Danny's job to identify signing targets not negotiate deals. Can someone explain how he has been dilly dallying? Pretty much as soon as the season ended he said he had signing targets for this season

You've answered your own question ! blink.png

You've answered your own question ! blink.png

And how's that??

If he says to the board in May that he wants a player and that player is still available in August but a deal isn't concluded then is that Danny's fault or the boards?

Presumably you'd rather Danny gave up his pursuit of Campbell and signed some pish like John Baird for the sake of signing a player?

Look at your signature, billy, remember who gave you that Christmas Eve and have some faith.

I've always had faith , that's why I'm still here after 45 years. From time to time certain things that go on at the club get on my tits , it happened in the 70s, 80s and 90s too. Can I just say that on most of the occasions that a section of the support has become a bit frustrated , the upshot has been that the manager loses his job. Danny still has time to turn things around player wise , but the snipers have their sights set on him and he needs to get the finger out !

So we need a striker that can score a couple of goals at the beginning of season and doesn't matter what he does for the rest of it.1eye.gif

Nope , but we could do with Danny finding a striker who can do the business alongside Thommo , he landed lucky that one of the coaching team had contacts to get Isma last season , aside from that his attempts at signing forwards have been abysmal !

And how's that??

If he says to the board in May that he wants a player and that player is still available in August but a deal isn't concluded then is that Danny's fault or the boards?

Presumably you'd rather Danny gave up his pursuit of Campbell and signed some pish like John Baird for the sake of signing a player?

Danny's the manager , if he hasn't got the clout with the BOD to influence some signings then he'll not be here much longer !

Danny's the manager , if he hasn't got the clout with the BOD to influence some signings then he'll not be here much longer !

You can get rid of the manager and bring in another. But it will to the same old story.

It's the board that pulls the punches when it comes to contracts and salaries.

Not at all, bring in another with more "clout" and we will soon be able to sign whoever we want. And hopefully the next manager continues to be "lucky" that guys like Thompson, Isma, Teale, Harkins, McGowan and Newton just magically appear on the field too.

You can get rid of the manager and bring in another. But it will to the same old story.

It's the board that pulls the punches when it comes to contracts and salaries.

Quite a rant today! Some of this stuff is comedy gold.

We'll see ! I've just got a sneaking suspicion that Danny won't be here much longer.

Even the bookies have wised up , Hearts are now shorter odds to win the SPL than we are (Skybet)

Not at all, bring in another with more "clout" and we will soon be able to sign whoever we want. And hopefully the next manager continues to be "lucky" that guys like Thompson, Isma, Teale, Harkins, McGowan and Newton just magically appear on the field too.

Thompson , Teale , Isma and Newton were not Danny signings , he was told they were coming in and that was that.

McQuade , Lynch , McCluskey , Robertson , Imrie , Cregg , Hegarty , Guy etc These were all Danny signings ! You decide !

Guy scored the opener against ICT last season and Parkin scored an important early season goal at Dundee. It turned out that they weren't good enough but they contributed before Isma came along. If we had gone in last season with just Thommo up front there would have been an outcry , and rightly so. Danny has messed up with his dilly dallying, and the quicker everyone sees that the better !

Dilly dallying over who exactly ?

As I have said on here personally a would rather we get the right player than waste a seasons wage on the likes of guy and Parkin who contributed a few games if we concluded the deals for Newton and Campbell we will have done tremendous work in the transfer market IMO

Thompson , Teale , Isma and Newton were not Danny signings , he was told they were coming in and that was that.

McQuade , Lynch , McCluskey , Robertson , Imrie , Cregg , Hegarty , Guy etc These were all Danny signings ! You decide !

Ironic that someone so against Danny believes that a good signings weren't his buy bad ones were funny that eh

Get over it mate get behind the team and stop moaning before a ball has been even kicked its absolutely pathetic

Dilly dallying over who exactly ?

As I have said on here personally a would rather we get the right player than waste a seasons wage on the likes of guy and Parkin who contributed a few games if we concluded the deals for Newton and Campbell we will have done tremendous work in the transfer market IMO

Guy & Parkin were hardly a wasted wages. They started 35 games between them, scoring 9 goals and creating a number of others. Sam Parkin's contribution to the triumph in the League Cup win at Pittodrie was crucial for example and he provided direct cover for Thompson. Parkin has scored 109 league goals in 281 appearances in his career. He was an fantastic squad player to call on.

Yes, it would be great to get in someone like Campbell, but even having just him isn't enough. We need more than just 2 forwards! You need a squad of players!

Ironic that someone so against Danny believes that a good signings weren't his buy bad ones were funny that eh

Get over it mate get behind the team and stop moaning before a ball has been even kicked its absolutely pathetic

Not funny at all , it's very worrying.

BTW , I'm giving Danny pelters because he deserves it at this time , I have applauded him on several occasions too. Just remember , people have differing opinions from you , it's a fact of life !

How are the young players ever going to get a chance if we just keep ignoring them and sign others ?

We have Reilly and Brady 2 young very promising strikers

Aye , let's just play all the youngsters 'cos Hearts have got a 15 point deduction. I pray that the BOD aren't looking at it that way too !

I think people need to calm down a bit. Let's face it...McGowan re-signing is better than any player we could have dreamed of bringing in, Grainger is by far the best available left back within our price range, I also think Harkins is a class act and I don't think we'll miss any of the players who were allowed to leave. So, with that said, if we get a striker and maybe a natural left mid, or an attacking mid to let Harkins play wide left, we'll have a strong squad and I'd be pretty chuffed with our business in the transfer market...

...while I'm at it, will people wrap it with this "we need to sign a centre half" pish...we have Mair, McAusland, Goodwin, McGregor, Barron, Naismith, Kelly and Van Zanten, who have all, at one time or another, played at centre half, throw in Grainger and that's 9 options. Now, you can argue 'til you're blue in the face about the quality of these players, but the fact is, they're here, they're all getting paid, and with our budget, there's no way in hell we would use up a wage on another centre half, it's not going to happen, get over it...

Add Cheesy and Vanzie weren't his signings either.

I think the board have had words regarding his signings in which a few have ended up having their contracts finishing earlier than they should have been.

That's money eating into his budget and i think he is now uber cautious bringing in new players hence him going down the loan route