Asset Of Community Value

waldorf34

Man Utd and Liverpool have applied to their local council to have their stadiums and the surrounding areas designated as an ASSET OF COMMUNITY VALUE , which means that the stadium would be prevented from being sold without the supporters being allowed to sell it.

why have SMISA NOT DONE THE SAME

why is nothing going on in SMISA ,ie the fans council is doing things all the time ,have you given up?

Man Utd and Liverpool have applied to their local council to have their stadiums and the surrounding areas designated as an ASSET OF COMMUNITY VALUE , which means that the stadium would be prevented from being sold without the supporters being allowed to sell it.

why is nothing going on in SMISA ,ie the fans council is doing things all the time ,have you given up?

Is it not legislation that only applies in England?

Your very wrong there, SMISA are very involved in the fans council in fact their chairman is vice chairman on the Fans Council, Think your being a wee bit harsh on them, Recently they stumped up £30,000 to help build the dome, So check your facts first,, Btw im not a member of SMISA .

Edited by santaponsasaint

Your very wrong there, SMISA are very involved in the fans council in fact their chairman is vice chairman on the Fans Council, Think your being a wee bit harsh on them, Recently they stumped up £30,000 to help build the dome, So check your facts first,, Btw im not a member of SMISA .

they have loaned the money,its being paid back every month, their members chip in money every month ,where is this money going? ,its not going to the Fans Council

on the asset community thing get SMISA to put out a staement ,give them something to do

Why would they want to give to the fans councilblink.png

because they have plans for cash but have to get raffles arranged to get it ,SMISAis sitting on £50K-£75K and doing nothing with it

but back to my original point why are SMISA not doing what other trusts are doing ??

why no stement from SMISA on this point and what they are doing for St Mirren , ie we see the minutes of the fans council , where is transparency with SMISA, I am sure those puting money in every month would like to know what its being used for

because they have plans for cash but have to get raffles arranged to get it ,SMISAis sitting on £50K-£75K and doing nothing with it

but back to my original point why are SMISA not doing what other trusts are doing ??

Are you on the fans council??? what SMISA do with their money is their concern, They don't need to give St,Mirren FC or anyone else a brass penny,

Are you on the fans council??? what SMISA do with their money is their concern, They don't need to give St,Mirren FC or anyone else a brass penny,

its the concern of the fans who put the money in over the years to have this surplus and continue to put in money every month ,with no update on where its going

this site never has anything on it with plans, projects, monthly updates or monthly/quarterly minutes of meetings , that inform people whats SMISA doing

every other Trust is active, progressive., informnative and up to date with the latest legislation in regards to supporters rights in buy outs etc

Edited by waldorf34

its the concern of the fans who put the money in over the years to have this surplus and continue to put in money every month ,with no update on where its going

this site never has anything on it with plans, projects, monthly updates or monthly/quarterly minutes of meetings , that inform people whats SMISA doing

every other Trust is active, progressive., informnative and up to date with the latest legislation in regards to supporters rights in buy outs

The only people SMISA need to answer to are their members, Not all Saints fans are members, If you want to know about SMISA I suggest you join, Then you can ask what there up to till your satisfied

The only people SMISA need to answer to are their members, Not all Saints fans are members, If you want to know about SMISA I suggest you join, Then you can ask what there up to till your satisfied

I am on the SMISA site asking questions in the hope that someone from SMISAwould answer

as I said previously nothing ever gets answered on here ,nobody from SMISA is ever on

Guest somner9

Morton made moves last night to secure Greenock's most valuable asset of community value, but she was with a client when they called.

i was only fixing her windows

I only engaged her services to help buy the right kind of tomatoes

Asset of community value does not apply in Scotland,, however as a smisa member I am currently compiling a proposal to the scottish government and supporters direct in Scotland with a view to trying to get it initiated in Scotland. The motivation being that our current board/consortium have been trying to sell 52% of our club which could in the unpredictable future have us end up with 'Romanov' scenario, hopefully not but no one can be certain that it is impossible,

As someone already pointed out it should be more obvious for trusts of other scottish clubs that have gone into administration to have already pursued this concept but as far as I'm aware it is not something they seem to be doing, however my intention is to contact these particular trusts in the hope that some form of united effort to have the principle adopted north of the border would have e better chance of succeeding.

If anyone has an understanding or having researched the asset of community value I would gladly take al the help and advice going

Waldorf, obviously you have some knowledge of the concept so please pm me with any constructive ideas or findings from the research you have undertaken on the subject. This is a serious request and not a smart effort to call your bluff.

Hopefully something positive will result from the project and help secure the future of our club and the fact that st.mirren have a very vibrant community focus will improve the chances of a positive outcome.

jw

Asset of community value does not apply in Scotland,, however as a smisa member I am currently compiling a proposal to the scottish government and supporters direct in Scotland with a view to trying to get it initiated in Scotland. The motivation being that our current board/consortium have been trying to sell 52% of our club which could in the unpredictable future have us end up with 'Romanov' scenario, hopefully not but no one can be certain that it is impossible,

As someone already pointed out it should be more obvious for trusts of other scottish clubs that have gone into administration to have already pursued this concept but as far as I'm aware it is not something they seem to be doing, however my intention is to contact these particular trusts in the hope that some form of united effort to have the principle adopted north of the border would have e better chance of succeeding.

If anyone has an understanding or having researched the asset of community value I would gladly take al the help and advice going

Waldorf, obviously you have some knowledge of the concept so please pm me with any constructive ideas or findings from the research you have undertaken on the subject. This is a serious request and not a smart effort to call your bluff.

Hopefully something positive will result from the project and help secure the future of our club and the fact that st.mirren have a very vibrant community focus will improve the chances of a positive outcome.

jw

the 2011 localism act and community right to buy is as you say only in England but the Scottish Government has also set up a community asset ownership scheme , go to the Scottish Govermrent website and look up Coomunity Asset ownership and take it from there

• 2 months later...

having checked on anything to do with Scottish governments 'community empowerment and renewal act' and through discussions with supporters direct, the connection to or any similarities to England's 'asset of community value' is very limited

As more clubs in England register their stadium through their council there is no immediate plans to have the same process in Scotland.

From my understanding of the English version it works on the principle to listed buildings, where although it can be privately owned there are only certain things the owner can do to it. eg you're not allowed to change certain features of some listed buildings. The same principle, as far as I understand, is that if a football ground is 'asset/listed' it can't be sold onto someone to knock it down and build flats or a car park.

Which for me is where the real benefit would be in the event of any club being taken over by someone with plans to shut it down for the land etc.

Disappointingly it would require someone to initiate the act in Scotland which would require to cover private buildings (community empowerment act only covers council properties) and with the imminent referendum and political implications there won't be many volunteers.

The most likely course for supporters direct etc to pursue is trying to bring the Scottish version into line with England, which isn't going to be overnight, but I am assured that this is something that SD are pursuing as there are some some consultation periods and feedback as part of the routine of the act during which time they hope to divert it towards including private buildings with a mind on all of Scotland's football clubs

I will try and keep involved in this as it develops and keep everyone informed

jw

having checked on anything to do with Scottish governments 'community empowerment and renewal act' and through discussions with supporters direct, the connection to or any similarities to England's 'asset of community value' is very limited

As more clubs in England register their stadium through their council there is no immediate plans to have the same process in Scotland.

From my understanding of the English version it works on the principle to listed buildings, where although it can be privately owned there are only certain things the owner can do to it. eg you're not allowed to change certain features of some listed buildings. The same principle, as far as I understand, is that if a football ground is 'asset/listed' it can't be sold onto someone to knock it down and build flats or a car park.

Which for me is where the real benefit would be in the event of any club being taken over by someone with plans to shut it down for the land etc.

Disappointingly it would require someone to initiate the act in Scotland which would require to cover private buildings (community empowerment act only covers council properties) and with the imminent referendum and political implications there won't be many volunteers.

The most likely course for supporters direct etc to pursue is trying to bring the Scottish version into line with England, which isn't going to be overnight, but I am assured that this is something that SD are pursuing as there are some some consultation periods and feedback as part of the routine of the act during which time they hope to divert it towards including private buildings with a mind on all of Scotland's football clubs

I will try and keep involved in this as it develops and keep everyone informed

jw

Strange the big lottery is giving 1 million to a group in Michelson for the lemonade factory , which is private , for the community

• 5 months later...

the community empowerment bill (scotland) is currently at the review stage and is due to be proposed in parliment later this year

below is the submission from the green party (who got the asset of community value bill passed in england) and seemingly its also getting support from this from supporters direct

i'll add more as i get more info

http://www.scottishgreens.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2014/01/Fans-right-to-buy-Green-submission.pdf

the community empowerment bill (scotland) is currently at the review stage and is due to be proposed in parliment later this year

below is the submission from the green party (who got the asset of community value bill passed in england) and seemingly its also getting support from this from supporters direct

i'll add more as i get more info

http://www.scottishgreens.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2014/01/Fans-right-to-buy-Green-submission.pdf

Might come too late to save us now...

Might come too late to save us now...

yea, that's a concern especially as by the time it usually takes for these kind of things to come to reality

however I would probably have though the same had it came about three years ago as it looked like the club was gonnae be sold to a single buyer then. the consortium still don't seem to be any further forward in selling

every other political and sporting body seems to be saying that having a single owner is not a good move but here we are heading that way

if there does need to be a single majority shareholder it should be a supporters trust with all the legal and moral requirements that go with it, the club, any club, should also run in a way that the minority shareholders, in our case 48%, also have an input

jw

Edited by thewhiteman