Keep Calm And Play Games!

Guest somner9

You could do with letting others have theirs , instead of shouting them down !

Its a good point billy.

You and I argued on here constantly during the Macpherson reign but we at least respected each others right to have an opinion *. We at least remained on decent terms. Its banter.

There are some folk on here that just can't help themselves but to shout down and be abusive.

*even if your opinion was a load of shite...

Its a good point billy.

You and I argued on here constantly during the Macpherson reign but we at least respected each others right to have an opinion *. We at least remained on decent terms. Its banter.

There are some folk on here that just can't help themselves but to shout down and be abusive.

*even if your opinion was a load of shite...

* bollocks biggrin.png

Call it as I see it. The rest of scottish football sees it that saints are in the thick stuff. You still think that everybody's fine. Clown

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Let's try to explain this to you...................

There are plenty of people/supporters who put reasoned and factual post together, even Lex, which have some credence.

You are like a guy with a stutter, you say the same thing, time after time, although you are not alone, and you end up saying nothing at all.

Take a deep breath, look over your previous posts to remind yourself how monotonous you sound and get back to SUPPORTING St Mirren, a key point that's lost on some who prefer to pick holes in the manager, enjoying every defeat as long as it proves their view. snore.gif

Call it as I see it. The rest of scottish football sees it that saints are in the thick stuff. You still think that everybody's fine. Clown

Charming.lol.gif

I'll give marks for at least being consistent, doesn't matter who the manager or players are you are unremittingly negative.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest somner9

Stay Calm and Play Games..... who said that..? oh wait it wiz methumbup2.gifmoon.gifbootyshake.gifflipa.gif

I'll admit i never saw the resurgence coming from our dazzling youngsters, or the overlooked. But it has in part been inspired by getting McGregor back on form, and a superb young keeper (or two) who probably make Samson wish he'd agreed to take Danny's offer!

To add to our new found belief and performances we have Grainger, Harkins, Cheesy having to battle to get back in the starting line-up when the boo boys insisted we hadn't got a team or manager worth the wage!

Remember all those calls for danny to make signings, just sign anybody..? well he took his time, considered carefully and went for in Harkins and Grainger a couple of tried and tested solid performers... Unfortunately they have yet to prove solid for us. Signing for signing's sake seldom works....

Anyhoo sitting here in 'Somner Acres' i don't half have a good laugh at the peeps that were calling Danny over punting Dougie Imrie..! Yes Morton are going great guns with young Douglas leading the charge to the bottom of the championship

I'd love to say I told you so..... so that's just what I'lll do

I TOLD YOU SO..!

Keep Calm and Play Games

Let the wafflers, boo boys and stirring fan-boys eat Tommy-C's shorts!

Guest somner9

Whoops! I seem to have inadvertently 'bumped' this post......

Ach well I know the 'bump' function works for our next win and points accumulation when I can stick to the fanny-boo-boys all over again.

You know there's only one religion!

2 hours to come up with that load of tripe ?clap2.gif Say and believe what you want , but I know different !

Grainger better than dummett ha ha ha I honestly have heard it all now. Do you go to games

You could do with letting others have theirs , instead of shouting them down !

Yep. You two certainly engage in civilised discussions and reasoned argument right enough.whistling.gif

I have an opinion. It's shouting people down.

You rant and insult.

It's reasonable discussion.

Ahhhh. Got it now.

thanks for setting me straight.sorcerer.gif

Whoops! I seem to have inadvertently 'bumped' this post......

Ach well I know the 'bump' function works for our next win and points accumulation when I can stick to the fanny-boo-boys all over again.

You know there's only one religion!

ICT are still in the League Cup and 2nd in the league - bump away! 1eye.gif

Anyway the improvement in results didn't come be "keeping calm" but by panicking, where were Grainger & McAusland on Saturday - not on the park and Goodwin on the park but not in the centre of defence. The best thing Danny Lennon can do is read keep reading this forum to keep his selections/tactics sharp.

As I've said elsewhere the league is all about being less pish than 1 or 2 of your immediate rivals for a team of Saints stature but any chance we had of finishing above 9th is remote thanks largely to the start we gave these rivals by not having a functioning team until one week ago. What are the chances of the current squad which is, at best, no stronger than last seasons to be able to improve on last seasons points tally from our current position unless Bahoken hits form.

I'm sure this won't be the last time this thread is bumped before the end of the season before we see whether somner9 was correct with the prediction he made on page 2.

I would much rather be in our position at the end of the season than that of ICT's

Guest somner9

And i stick by what I said, though you can't call it a prediction, more a personal opinion.

Consider this... as the results across the league of late have shown, ICT getting pumped by the fakes, Well forced to suck shellick boaby etc, etc all come to show that only one club in the SPFL is capable of going the distance with a reasonable level of consistency.

That club being shellick with access to mind-boggling finances, resources, support, youth development, scouting and squad quality and size. The rest of us stick plasters on when we get hurt throughout the season. some times the plasters stick for a while, other times they wash away with a raindrop.

Our plasters came off with perspiration in the pre-match warm-up before the first game! ICT's came off against an average fakes side, and Well just seemed to have read the script about away teams losing without a fight at the San Giro....

With the couple of free saturdays coming up distorting how the table looks given current form, I say look at where we are against Hearts, Kille, Aberdeen, Fakes, Thistle, County, Utd, Hibees heck even ICT and Well come 17:00pm on Jan 1st.

I reckon given our newly found/resurrected resources in defence, coupled with a sweet midfield, and options up front bode well for us being top six at the turn of the year!

Now will we pass ICT by then..? Maybe, maybe not, but if your up for it i'll wager you a pint we are top six at 17:00pm Jan 1st 2014.

Now will we pass ICT by then..? Maybe, maybe not, but if your up for it i'll wager you a pint we are top six at 17:00pm Jan 1st 2014.

My standard reply to these wagers is if you're correct I'll stop posting on B&WArmy if I'm right you do.

You do realize that 6th place is a moving target - Dundee Utd. currently in 6th have 13 points from 9 games. If you extrapolate this to after the Killie game (the 20th of the season) the target will be 28/29 - that's a bit higher than average but it'll be comfortably over a point a game, 25 is the minimum I expect.

Do you really expect us to make up 8 points in 11 games (plus the game in hand against Celtic)? I have to say that's one of the most sporting offers I've ever been made. If we're really in 6th place come Jan 1st the busses back to Paisley will be full of smiling faces. holiday.gif

Just to give you some more to think about let's look at the league table as it stood this Ne'erday - 6th place Killie on 27 points from 20 games!

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/premier-league/2012-2013/table/2012-12-30

It's a bet I'm not going to hold you to - but I've gotta say I admire your style I for one will not bump this thread. drinks_cheers.gif

Guest somner9

My standard reply to these wagers is if you're correct I'll stop posting on B&WArmy if I'm right you do.

You do realize that 6th place is a moving target - Dundee Utd. currently in 6th have 13 points from 9 games. If you extrapolate this to after the Killie game (the 20th of the season) the target will be 28/29 - that's a bit higher than average but it'll be comfortably over a point a game, 25 is the minimum I expect.

Do you really expect us to make up 8 points in 11 games (plus the game in hand against Celtic)? I have to say that's one of the most sporting offers I've ever been made. If we're really in 6th place come Jan 1st the busses back to Paisley will be full of smiling faces. holiday.gif

Just to give you some more to think about let's look at the league table as it stood this Ne'erday - 6th place Killie on 27 points from 20 games!

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/premier-league/2012-2013/table/2012-12-30

It's a bet I'm not going to hold you to - but I've gotta say I admire your style I for one will not bump this thread. drinks_cheers.gif

Don't doubt the stats, as always though they tell us what HAS happened and from that we all hang our seaweed out to use them to back our view of what will, or might happen.

The most important stats for our team and the rest of the SPFL probably excepting shellick is the mutual drop in revenue, combined with icreased costs for just about everything, and debt that requires service for most clubs means the top league is as close as it's ever been. and those are the stats we don't get to see.

County's money saw them get off to a flier last season... that bubble though not bust isn't flying as high. Killie are in meltdown and Magic will know he'll be in a relegation battle with Hearts for the remainder of the season. Dun Utd fleet from good to poor, be interesting to see how Butcher's relatively small squad fare when the injuries and suspensions kick-in.

Point being if you have a decent squad, some developing youth, a bit of competition for places, confidence and a decent shape then you have as good a chance as any to finish top three. We've probably given ourselves too much to do for that, but with a seven game run before we meet shellick we are capable of beating all those seven teams and nailing a top six position as i said.

We should also be planning for a cup run now DL has conceded that Goodwin's best position is holding midfield, and if he f**ks up there (suspension or performance) he's not going back into central defence as we are sorted there with competition for places.

The most interesting issue team wise now is how will Harkins and Grainger react..?

Grainger is flexible, and can dig in where asked. Harkins (known for the huff) could be this season's Douglas Imrie getting limited chances and not being able to deal with it?

The most interesting issue team wise now is how will Harkins and Grainger react..?

Grainger is flexible, and can dig in where asked. Harkins (known for the huff) could be this season's Douglas Imrie getting limited chances and not being able to deal with it?

Grainger wasn't dropped and although he might not be happy (and to an extent I hope he isn't) about not going straight back into the starting line-up he must see that there is a strong case for keeping Kelly as first pick.

Harkins is a bit different although he has less excuse for going in the huff with Lennon than he did with Shiels last season.

Changes had to be made and as long as the results merit it you would expect these two seasoned professionals to accept this.

Guest somner9

Grainger wasn't dropped and although he might not be happy (and to an extent I hope he isn't) about not going straight back into the starting line-up he must see that there is a strong case for keeping Kelly as first pick.

Harkins is a bit different although he has less excuse for going in the huff with Lennon than he did with Shiels last season.

Changes had to be made and as long as the results merit it you would expect these two seasoned professionals to accept this.

Grainger could have done with the time out of the limelight to get properly fit and will see it as an opportunity. Harkins..? if he's a peripheral player might not Hack it..?

Grainger has been out for a very long time with an injury, he needs support to bring him back to his best, training to re-build his fitness, stamina and skill level, and as many games as he can get to be able to effectively operate at the level we all know he is capable of.

Grainger could have done with the time out of the limelight to get properly fit and will see it as an opportunity.

Which is it - games or time to get properly fit?

Guest somner9

Which is it - games or time to get properly fit?

he still needs the games, and that'll be with the youngers at the moment. you could see in his play (mistake laden) that he was too far off the SPFL pace following so long out injured. If you compare his rehab (Hearts punting him, us chucking him into the first team) with McGregor whose been wrapped in cotton wool, played a string of games with the U20's this season before getting a first team start.

You can see too much was asked of him too soon. perhaps the pressure to show we signed a quality player overrode the composure to see he needed games out of the limelight to capture both form and pace. I thought he'd be able to pick it up again quite quick, but the evidnce shows he needs some good performances for the U20's to restore the confidence he was lacking.

So the short answer is BOTH..!

He needs games and time to get properly fit, he needs them out of the limelight till his skill/ability clicks back in

he still needs the games, and that'll be with the youngers at the moment. you could see in his play (mistake laden) that he was too far off the SPFL pace following so long out injured. If you compare his rehab (Hearts punting him, us chucking him into the first team) with McGregor whose been wrapped in cotton wool, played a string of games with the U20's this season before getting a first team start.

You can see too much was asked of him too soon. perhaps the pressure to show we signed a quality player overrode the composure to see he needed games out of the limelight to capture both form and pace. I thought he'd be able to pick it up again quite quick, but the evidnce shows he needs some good performances for the U20's to restore the confidence he was lacking.

So the short answer is BOTH..!

He needs games and time to get properly fit, he needs them out of the limelight till his skill/ability clicks back in

So you were wrong in your opening post and the manager is at fault for not dropping him sooner, perhaps it is a blessing that the referee made the decision for him.............