Paisley Beer Festival

FTOF

despite most beers I ask for not being available, I've had a most pleasant evening nologo.gif

There were only two I asked for that weren't available.

I managed to cope admirably with the alternatives.nologo.gif

Always good to try new beers. Although one of the guys I was with tried the beetroot and black pepper beer. He got what he deserved. It was pink and strangely enough smelled of a jar of beetroot...........................

Managed a 4.30 to 10.30ish session without too much damage, although anyone sitting next to me today had better have a strong constitution. rip.gif

How much is a pint at the BF?

I tend to drink half pints in a pint glass, as they always give you more than a half pint. It also allows you to taste more different types of beer.

The beer I was drinking was £1.30/£1.40 a half pint. A pint was double that.

I tend to drink half pints in a pint glass, as they always give you more than a half pint. It also allows you to taste more different types of beer.

The beer I was drinking was £1.30/£1.40 a half pint. A pint was double that.

I thought it was loosely based on %, with a (understandable) mark-up for the foreign stuff. The weaker stuff is £1.20 a 1/2 and the strong stuff £2.50.

I thought it was loosely based on %, with a (understandable) mark-up for the foreign stuff. The weaker stuff is £1.20 a 1/2 and the strong stuff £2.50.

Yeah it is.

I tend not to drink anything stronger than 4.5%.

So as you say, it can be more expensive.

There were only two I asked for that weren't available.

I managed to cope admirably with the alternatives.nologo.gif

Always good to try new beers. Although one of the guys I was with tried the beetroot and black pepper beer. He got what he deserved. It was pink and strangely enough smelled of a jar of beetroot...........................

Managed a 4.30 to 10.30ish session without too much damage, although anyone sitting next to me today had better have a strong constitution. rip.gif

The beetroot and pepper beer was awful. Had one sip and could taste pepper for about an hour.

Turned up expecting the town hall to be totally different after the "major refurbishment". Other than the main entrance, everything is exactly the same. Not even a lick of paint.

The beetroot and pepper beer was awful. Had one sip and could taste pepper for about an hour.

Turned up expecting the town hall to be totally different after the "major refurbishment". Other than the main entrance, everything is exactly the same. Not even a lick of paint.

They use the dregs of the beetroot and black pepper beer to strip the paint.

That just leaves the festval goers to pebbledash the walls after having too much to drink!

What a waste of time. Me and a mate turned up at 7pm on Friday to find a queue about 150 strong, we reckoned it would take at least an hour to get in , so went to Gabriel's for a couple, came back to find the queue not much shorter, so headed for the Last Post, sampled a few real ales in there, then walked back to my mum's pretty drunk. Not a bad result overall, as Gabriel's and the Last Post don't charge for tumblers .

What a waste of time. Me and a mate turned up at 7pm on Friday to find a queue about 150 strong, we reckoned it would take at least an hour to get in , so went to Gabriel's for a couple, came back to find the queue not much shorter, so headed for the Last Post, sampled a few real ales in there, then walked back to my mum's pretty drunk. Not a bad result overall, as Gabriel's and the Last Post don't charge for tumblers .

Sadly one of the problems is it's success and the limited space. There is nowhere bigger in Paisley suitable and Friday night is just very popular. No chance of getting in without queuing on a Friday evening sadly, even Thursday night was rammed.

Sadly one of the problems is it's success and the limited space. There is nowhere bigger in Paisley suitable and Friday night is just very popular. No chance of getting in without queuing on a Friday evening sadly, even Thursday night was rammed.

Indeed. It's become a victim of it's own success.

If I wasn't able to get down before 5.00/5.30 on a Friday night, I probably wouldn't bother.

• 1 year later...

I remember going to this a few years ago, got in on a Friday about 430pm which seemed to be the prudent thing to do.

After trying a few ales then some cider I dont really recall anything else about the night. I got home with a souveneir glass and a dodgy hat, but I can recall feck all tbh.

I was giving out hats. :). GOOD!

It was the only way I could get any since I'm ugly.

You were good, though. Mouth like a washing machine. :whistle: TOO MUCH INFO

ETA: I'm surprised Bluto hasn't memtion the speeling mistook in the "Your Ugly" emoticon/smiley thingy

LIFE'S TOO SHORT AND YOU WERE TOO SLOW WITH YOUR ETA...

Looking forward to it, and I only drink Shandy, now. The food festival's in Abbey Close on Saturday and Mr Bloom will be there, so the GF is getting herself all tarted up.

You know the rule, you can have one fling, if it's with a famous person... well I think she'd go for Mr Bloom.

Anyway, here's hoping the Hairy Slug stall, or whatever it's called, that gets wheeled out at every Paisley festival, actually has something "vintage", worth looking at.