Paisley Beer Festival

FTOF

Went yesterday.

Was an excellent afternoon/evening.

Like the new set up with upstairs and downstairs bars.

The English beers were best for me.

Some impressive mild and bitter offerings like Ilkley brewery Joshua Jane bitter, Copper Dragon brewery best bitter and Half moon brewery Dark Masquerade.

Well worth a visit this afternoon, as opposed spending a couple of hours watching another gutless performance.

Guest TPAFKATS

Went yesterday.

Was an excellent afternoon/evening.

Like the new set up with upstairs and downstairs bars.

The English beers were best for me.

Some impressive mild and bitter offerings like Ilkley brewery Joshua Jane bitter, Copper Dragon brewery best bitter and Half moon brewery Dark Masquerade.

Well worth a visit this afternoon, as opposed spending a couple of hours watching another gutless performance.

I was also there on Friday Afternoon / evening. Enjoyed the extra space and seating area. Mainly spent my time at the Scottish bar(s) as opposed to the Yorkshire offerings. Good to have the extra bar & cludgie upstairs

Good day out, nae hangover, happy days

Hi guys,

Yea was good wee day until I realised my guitar was gone, later in the day... My own fault for leaving it un attended. My Dad posted stuff online to try find it. I am annoyed at myself, won't do that again.

Thanks for asking after me though guys

Cheers

If you are without and have a few gigs lined up, give me a shout, I'll see what I can do. Otherwise, hope it gets returned soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Rather than start an entirely new thread, as seems to be the fashion.................................

Aldi Scottish Beer Festival Set To Hit £750,000 Milestone

Aldi’s sixth Scottish Beer Festival is expected to be worth £165,000 to the breweries taking part, bringing the total generated for craft breweries over the past three years to £750,000.

The Beer Festival will hit Scottish shelves on 14 May for six weeks, or as long as stocks last, and the brewery with the best-selling beer at the end of it will secure a six month listing with Aldi worth at least £50,000.

One of the beers on sale is from Barrhead's Kelburn Brewery, whose boss Derek Moore is a dyed in the wool Saints fan.

The beer from Kelburn Brewery is Pivo Estivo. I've posted its description from the brewery website below.

The name Pivo Estivo loosely means “Summer Beer” (taken from Czech and Italian). Originally brewed for the Summer season but due to overwhelming popularity it is now permanent.

It is pale, dry, citrus, hoppy session ale and is 3.9% in strength.

http://www.kelburnbrewery.com/about-the-brewery/

So, get your arses out there and pick up a bottle (or several) the next time you're in Aldi's, and help out a fellow Saints supporter whilst enjoying a beer.thumbup2.gif

P.S. Have just opened a bottle and it's going down delightfully!nologo.gif

Edited by FTOF