Width And Tactics - At Long Last

Saturday was a revelation. Proper tactics all designed around giving the team width with a bit of steel in midfield. You could see Tommo setting the team up at kick outs etc and instead of knocking balls on he was knocking them out wide where Newton and McGinn clearly had the full backs running past or inside as support. Not sure if this was due to Hearts being vulnerable in these areas or Danny just thought that's the best way to play, but getting balls into the box caused all the problems and led to the goals. Well done Danny let's just hope you stick to the same team and same tactics and don't tinker. I would also say Mair was brilliant and the pairing with MGregor the most solid I have seen all season.

Sorry Faraway forgot the site is only for you to post and reply on topics you want

You don't get it. bangin.gif

Yes, I find these threads pointless but do we need a new thread every time some lunatic feels the need to mention this subject?

Get a grip. thumbdown.gif

PS Currently 6 threads running and that's only on the first page list. snore.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Don't read or reply to them then. Plenty of others want to.

The 6 threads currently running have around 360 posts, christ even a pish thread can muster up more than 60 posts each thread. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

As I tried to explain some people feel the need to be a football manager, but we don't need a new thread every time to tell us pointless player choices and formations. bye1.gif

The 6 threads currently running have around 360 posts, christ even a pish thread can muster up more than 60 posts each thread. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

As I tried to explain some people feel the need to be a football manager, but we don't need a new thread every time to tell us pointless player choices and formations. bye1.gif

Especially when the same poster starts a second one arguing the opposite of his first only over a week ago!!

OP from this thread "Well done Danny let's just hope you stick to the same team and same tactics and don't tinker".

Last week

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/topic/37288-teale-harkins-and-mcgowan-must-start/

Why not come on your original thread and just say you got it wrong instead of filling the board with more and more pointless stuff?

Sure guys, sorry, forgot this is your private playground. Silly me.

When the new owners come in maybe div should make it a condition that if Danny goes , then all the tubes on here who seem to think he does no wrong must go too !

Sure guys, sorry, forgot this is your private playground. Silly me.

Didn't say you shouldn't post, the more views on B&WA the merrier.

It shows we've got a support who care.

I also think its perfectly legit for fans to express opinions about tactics, formations and the manager. This would be a boring site otherwise. After all what else would we talk about on a football forum, the players' hairstyles?

What I was trying to say was you should use the thread you started on the same subject to update your opinion, not launch yet another one. Of course we might be able to compare your posts and spot how wrong you were if you did that!!

But that shouldn't worry you so much as none of us has the divine right to be right all the time, even though some might give the opposite impression!!

When the new owners come in maybe div should make it a condition that if Danny goes , then all the tubes on here who seem to think he does no wrong must go too !

I don't think that anyone has ever said he can do no wrong. Even his most staunch supporters will have admitted many of his faults.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You don't get it.

Yes, I find these threads pointless but do we need a new thread every time some lunatic feels the need to mention this subject?

Get a grip. thumbdown.gif

PS Currently 6 threads running and that's only on the first page list. snore.gif

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Shut it ya tube. whistling.gif

Can the mods not move this fool's posts to a new thread set up specifically his posts?

Edit: FFS, there were so many unnecessary smillies in these posts that the quote function forced me to delete one of them!

Abuse, smillies, irrelevance... its all there in a faraway post!

Edited by Isabella Duke

Can the mods not move this fool's posts to a new thread set up specifically his posts?

Edit: FFS, there were so many unnecessary smillies in these posts that the quote function forced me to delete one of them!

unfortunately no, they won't do anything - i've asked before, they need as many posts as they can get

Saturday was a revelation. Proper tactics all designed around giving the team width with a bit of steel in midfield. You could see Tommo setting the team up at kick outs etc and instead of knocking balls on he was knocking them out wide where Newton and McGinn clearly had the full backs running past or inside as support. Not sure if this was due to Hearts being vulnerable in these areas or Danny just thought that's the best way to play, but getting balls into the box caused all the problems and led to the goals. Well done Danny let's just hope you stick to the same team and same tactics and don't tinker. I would also say Mair was brilliant and the pairing with MGregor the most solid I have seen all season.

Aye, it was refreshing. Both the goals came from crosses, too. Also its now I've started notice that Kenny McLean can offer quite a lot to that style of game.

Upset are we troll?

Never mind, keep smiling.thumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gif

Must be national troll day today. whistling.gif

Edited by faraway saint

I'm 100% in agreement with the above. When I joined I actually read the rules of the forum and I also read a thread which was started by one of the Moderators telling us all to respect one another, tone down the personal abuse and stop turning every thread into a "general nonsense" thread. It is all good and very well the Moderators posting that but why don't they practice what they preach? For example this post by Buddiecat which I also wholeheartedly agree with:-

For some reason certain posters seem to have a "free run" on this website. I suspect that if I were to behave the way some people behave on here I would be barred. Indeed, I have been barred for nothing, unless you count Faraway Saint, Oaksoft, SalmonBuddie, Saint_Sad and various other aliases not liking me as a valid reason to be barred. I've been accused of stuff that's nothing to do with me and yet it's fairly obvious that certain people on here clearly do have multiple aliases. Also, if the majority of "reports", as I suspect, don't actually get paid attention to, then why do we have the "report button" facility?

As Eminems Old Dear said, if you don't like the thread of a topic then there's no need to post in it and get yourself involved. This is where people like Faraway Saint and, I'm sorry to say it about him also, Shull seem to be going wrong. Faraway Saint in particular seems to see himself as the forum's authority on all subjects and doesn't seem to be able to stop himself from replying to and commenting to nearly every post but I do like Isabella's idea:-

Superb stuff! clap.gif

National troll day. thumbup2.gif

Superb stuff. lol.gif

I thought the tactics on Saturday were a perfect blend of the "tippy tappy shite" and the "get it up eh park" approach. It was a good balance of each. There was some really nice one-touch passing across the midfield, whereas the back four just got the ball away safely. Much better.

I thought the tactics on Saturday were a perfect blend of the "tippy tappy shite" and the "get it up eh park" approach. It was a good balance of each. There was some really nice one-touch passing across the midfield, whereas the back four just got the ball away safely. Much better.

Just like Bayern Munchen