The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Could, might, if, the buzzwords of the Yes campaign.

You've lost me with that bluto - are you saying you've already pointed out that the BT scare stories are never based on definite but instead things that are coulds, might, maybes?

I think you perhaps DID get it, but that'll clarify. :P

He never blamed the English, he blamed English firms which, for all anyone knows, could be owned/run by Scots or Americans or French or ...

Then it was a really pointless comment in a thread devoted to a Referendum that would attribute every malaise in Scotland to the malign effects of Union with the English.... :unsure:

Trying to slur me with your NAZI innuendo's won't deflect the truth.

You falsified a newspapers story. Everyone that reads this thread, not for the first time you've falsified stories or lied on this thread.

Just post the truth, it's not hard to do for any decent person.

Falsified a story? Someone better tell the Scotsman, after all they published it on their website and in their newspaper. You've even linked to it. Are you going to claim next that I somehow hacked into the Scotsman website? :rolleyes:

Own up to it Cockles - you've trumped up allegations and smears in order to deflect from the points that were being made because you couldn't debate the issues. :rolleyes:

YOU falsified it in your altered link. As I have shown.

I'm not going to waste my time debating with a proven liar.

I posted the exact same link as you did. The link hasn't been altered in any way. You are either lying, or you just don't understand how to use the tools on the forum. I don't think you are stupid so I have to conclude you're just a desperate liar. :rolleyes:

Keep digging. You need the practice.

You know what Cockles. I don't know who Phil McCracken is but you've achieved something I never thought was possible - you've got Bluto defending me on a St Mirren football forum, you've got Captain Sensible (ID) on my side, and you've got Rick reading my posts again and liking them. I've never enjoyed this much popularity on any St Mirren forum since I started posting in 1996. :rolleyes:

it's a good thing that his name isn't on the ballot paper or else this could actually be relevant to the debate.

Yup.

Reference to Salmond in the Referendum thread is just as useless as referring to Cameron or Osborne (or Thatcher or Blair or Broon) as being in any way relevant in the argument for Freeeedom.

So I'm glad that Yes men have never done such a thing... :unsure:

I'm probably totally wrong here... But did Salmond not once upon a time advocate such a Referendum?

Is he not still the leader of a party that had that in their manifesto?

Is he no longer the main mouthpiece/blawhard in the media for it?

How did this thread reach such interminable lengths by sticking to the BALLOT PAPER?

(I know, I know... Herr Dixon enjoys fishing and there's many sprats to be hooked.). :)

He altered the wording in the actual link that I've posted because it used terminology that didn't suit his agenda.

er, well obviously!

that's what the functionality is there for...

it allows folk to put their own spin on a link that they r posting in order to suit their own agenda!

doh!

Edited by Phil McCracken

So, what you are saying is that it wasn't genocide. Nice to have you admit you were wrong for once.

Who's done that?

Once more - Oh, the irony.

He said you altered the link, not falsified the story in the Scotsman. More proof, if ever it was needed, that you don't understand English.

You never posted the same link, you posted a different link to the same target. So, basically, he's right, you're wrong - was it ever in doubt that you were wrong, after all, you did make a post.

if its not the same link then he obviously didn't falsify it then

did u intend to prove that cockles was wrong?

Phil, what Cockles was saying (as you can see from the above) was that Dorothy's link (as in the actual text he typed) did not match up to the story in the target of the link (and Cockles was right) - it (the link) provided false information. Dorothy obviously altered the link as he typed stuff into it. Maybe Cockles should have said "providing false information again" rather than "falsifying information again" to make it more clear however, it wasn't incorrect.

oh dear

me thinks someone doth protest too much :lol:

Shame on the Natsi's. This deflection of theirs is getting obvious and tiresome. Over the last couple of days I raised two points.

1. The fact that Alex Salmond in 1999 told us all that we should do nothing over Slobodan Milosevic's attempt to ethnically cleans Kosovo of over 800,000 Albanians through mass murder, forced displacement, and rape. Fortunately NATO didn't listen to the Natsi idiot, action was taken that brought the Serbians to the negotiating table, ending the Balkan War. Far from helping the Kosovans achieve independence Alex Salmonds words, actions and deeds would have happily seen the murder, raping and pillaging continue. Rather than condemn Alex Salmonds actions or even attempt to debate the indefensible, the Yes men on here choose instead to argue over whether the correct term for this kind of ethnic cleansing of people in your own territory is genocide or not.

2. I linked to details of a newspaper article in the Scotsman which showed that a recent poll suggested that if Scotland votes Yes as many as 1 in 6 people living in Scotland right now would seek to leave the country. Again, rather than debate the merits of the article, or even attempt to address the concerns of those considering leaving we have smears against those who say they may leave and an attempt at deflecting the story by one Natsi who claims I "falsified" a link.

Sadly it's an all too familiar pattern in their referendum campaign. Light on facts, light on evidence, but heavy on smears, and heavy on deflection. I can't wait till September 18th when Scotland delivers it's damning verdict on Salmond, on Sturgeon, on Swinney, on Kane, Jenkins, and the whole pathetic Yes Campaign. Hopefully their ilk will never darken Scottish politics ever again

In other news I see that the bank that Alex Salmond so cringingly backed during their ill fated takeover of ABN Amro has turned on him and on the Independence Campaign saying that Independence would have a "material adverse effect" on it's business and they made it clear that being in an Independent Scotland would severely affect RBS's international credit rating.

Yet another bad day for the Natsis

Guest TPAFKATS

In other news I see that the bank that Alex Salmond so cringingly backed during their ill fated takeover of ABN Amro has turned on him and on the Independence Campaign saying that Independence would have a "material adverse effect" on it's business and they made it clear that being in an Independent Scotland would severely affect RBS's international credit rating.

This is inaccurate.

Zzzzzz !

Shame on the Natsi's. This deflection of theirs is getting obvious and tiresome. Over the last couple of days I raised two points.

1. The fact that Alex Salmond in 1999 told us all that we should do nothing over Slobodan Milosevic's attempt to ethnically cleans Kosovo of over 800,000 Albanians through mass murder, forced displacement, and rape. Fortunately NATO didn't listen to the Natsi idiot, action was taken that brought the Serbians to the negotiating table, ending the Balkan War. Far from helping the Kosovans achieve independence Alex Salmonds words, actions and deeds would have happily seen the murder, raping and pillaging continue. Rather than condemn Alex Salmonds actions or even attempt to debate the indefensible, the Yes men on here choose instead to argue over whether the correct term for this kind of ethnic cleansing of people in your own territory is genocide or not.

2. I linked to details of a newspaper article in the Scotsman which showed that a recent poll suggested that if Scotland votes Yes as many as 1 in 6 people living in Scotland right now would seek to leave the country. Again, rather than debate the merits of the article, or even attempt to address the concerns of those considering leaving we have smears against those who say they may leave and an attempt at deflecting the story by one Natsi who claims I "falsified" a link.

Sadly it's an all too familiar pattern in their referendum campaign. Light on facts, light on evidence, but heavy on smears, and heavy on deflection. I can't wait till September 18th when Scotland delivers it's damning verdict on Salmond, on Sturgeon, on Swinney, on Kane, Jenkins, and the whole pathetic Yes Campaign. Hopefully their ilk will never darken Scottish politics ever again

How would THAT rant persuade ANYONE to vote "No" ???

I will ask you AGAIN to stop referring to "Natsis" - Is THAT public enough for you?

Have read posts for many months... many passionate. .. many abusive. After consideration I still feel a NO vote is the best vote to help Scotland and the rest of the UK move forward together.

I have always felt that devolved power throughout the whole of the UNITED Kingdom would give us a much stronger position within Scotland and in world negotiations.

I don't see the benefits of a YES vote to the proposal on the table, as we will be doing it to seek independence from Westminster and yet by default give more power over our government to Brussels!

An independent Scotland may well make me richer... but personally, I do not want to be richer at the expense of a pensioner in Newcastle; a working family man in Yorkshire; a disabled person in Manchester... or anyone else for that matter. Lets work together to spread the wealth... and lets not be sidetracked by Nationalism that promises much but will come at a cost... if not to us... to others just like us!

The REAL campaign should be to shift the balance of power from Westminster and to give all Local Authority regions more devolved power.

Have read posts for many months... many passionate. .. many abusive. After consideration I still feel a NO vote is the best vote to help Scotland and the rest of the UK move forward together.

I have always felt that devolved power throughout the whole of the UNITED Kingdom would give us a much stronger position within Scotland and in world negotiations.

I don't see the benefits of a YES vote to the proposal on the table, as we will be doing it to seek independence from Westminster and yet by default give more power over our government to Brussels!

An independent Scotland may well make me richer... but personally, I do not want to be richer at the expense of a pensioner in Newcastle; a working family man in Yorkshire; a disabled person in Manchester... or anyone else for that matter. Lets work together to spread the wealth... and lets not be sidetracked by Nationalism that promises much but will come at a cost... if not to us... to others just like us!

The REAL campaign should be to shift the balance of power from Westminster and to give all Local Authority regions more devolved power.

I agree with everything you say. The Union isn't perfect but it serves us all fairly well and I genuinely believe we are better together. Back in the early days of this forum I posted about the underlying selfishness demonstrated by the Yes campaign and of course the 'Right Up England' attitude which is widely prevalent. To their credit the Yes posters said little, recognising that their movement is motivated in part by greed. The devolution Scotland has (as has Northern Ireland to a lesser degree) is the envy of many parts of England and I'm sure the movement for a lot more devolution to regions in England will grow, rightly so, and it will come about. Like you I don't want to see Scotland turn it's back on fellow Britons. Better together.