The Doner Is A Goner...

HSS

Great invention, I love a doner me and don't have to be p*ssed to enjoy one.

Could never fathom how it was regarded as being so unhealthy on the basis it was sliced lamb, dry flat bread and some salad but guess there is no smoke without fire.

RIP the inventor.

The "lamb" starts off as 3 slightly differing sized "balls", it is then rubbed in fat and sculptured into the shape you see on the spit!

Got to agree though tasty as feck thumbup2.gif

Meaty delight?

There's meat in them?

ohmy.png

There might be live meat living in them , in the shape of maggots. I was told years ago by a Turk , to avoid the doner, principally by reason of the meat being reheated and reheated and reheated and reheated etc. .but maybe never really heated enough and hence the maggots living inside it. .

There might be live meat living in them , in the shape of maggots. I was told years ago by a Turk , to avoid the doner, principally by reason of the meat being reheated and reheated and reheated and reheated etc. .but maybe never really heated enough and hence the maggots living inside it. .

Interesting and two sides to every story. I was told to avoid them when new/big on spit and that a 'well hung' one was better.