St Mirren V Qots Scottish Cup Round 4 Replay

Lex

Didn't hear many complaints from non season ticket holders when club made offer of reduced prices for the 2 games over the festive period.....so why the complaint this time.

Complaining about spending money is what Paisley folks excel in.

Didn't hear many complaints from non season ticket holders when club made offer of reduced prices for the 2 games over the festive period.....so why the complaint this time.

Because WHY do opposing fans get a discount & those who dont have a season ticket miss out. As i said previously , i can understand our fans but why theirs ?

Because WHY do opposing fans get a discount & those who dont have a season ticket miss out. As i said previously , i can understand our fans but why theirs ?

Cause the gate money is split and the clubs need to agree the policy. Can't see QOS agreeing to let our fans in for less money without the same deal for their fans.

& anyroad, just looked at your profile , if your tellin the truth about your age youre getting it EVEN CHEAPER !!

no wonder your being so feckin smug ! mad.gif

Why would we have complained?blink.png

ST holders already get discounted admission, so why be divisive? The discounted deal on two tickets over the festive period still does not equal the total discount that ST holders benefit from.

It is in the club's interest not to alienate other supporters. This is what they are doing, unfortunately.

ETA: just to clarify my main issue....

I travelled through to Dumfries to support Saints, and the job wasn't done - ie, the tie isn't settled. The natural thing would be see it through, but I'm now being discriminated against despite demonstrating my commitment at the weekend. That rankles with me, I can't pretend it doesn't. If it was a one-off match, or the original match in a tie, then it wouldn't stick in my craw quite the same.

The timing of this sweetener is poor. The club should be looking to ensure that as many people get along to cheer the team over the line. Whoever dreamed up this pricing hasn't really thought it through at all.

Edited by Drew

ST holders already get discounted admission, so why be divisive?  The discounted deal on two tickets over the festive period still does not equal the total discount that ST holders benefit from.

Couldn't disagree more. How many season ticket holders can attend every single game to get that discount? I've got a season ticket and won't make another home league game until late January because of something called life.

Season ticket holders keep this club alive, and get regularly screwed at the end of the season when games become £10 as they're meaningless. About time we got a tiny, little gesture like this.

Perhaps the club could come up with a quick deal of 'buy a ticket for the game against Inverness and get £5 off the cost of a ticket for the cup tie' to help appease the non season ticket holders?

Would that placate Drew / Callum Gilhooley?

Perhaps the club could come up with a quick deal of 'buy a ticket for the game against Inverness and get £5 off the cost of a ticket for the cup tie' to help appease the non season ticket holders?

They can't do this unless QOS agree to losing out on the gate money.

Couldn't disagree more. How many season ticket holders can attend every single game to get that discount? I've got a season ticket and won't make another home league game until late January because of something called life.

Season ticket holders keep this club alive, and get regularly screwed at the end of the season when games become £10 as they're meaningless. About time we got a tiny, little gesture like this.

Is this a serious point?

How are you being screwed? Is your pocket being dipped as you go through the turnstiles to subsidise the discounted entry? How exactly does it affect you?

I would have though that a super supporter like yourself would find the fact that you are "keeping the club alive" as reward enough in itselfrolleyes.gif

As I've already mentioned, I had a ST for years, and never once resented any pay at the gate discount scheme. To suggest that you are being screwed by this is utterly laughable.

I'm not looking to be appeased. It shouldn't have been done in the middle of a tie, however.

I'm assuming Stewart Gilmour won't be losing any sleep that I won't be in attendance, so expect no concession on this point. So it goes.

They can't do this unless QOS agree to losing out on the gate money.

Agreed but I was thinking, perhaps naively, that the fiver would be taken from the ICT gate money and allocated to the cup tie gate money.

Anyway I don't care as I 've got a season ticket. holiday.gif

I'm not looking to be appeased. It shouldn't have been done in the middle of a tie, however.

I'm assuming Stewart Gilmour won't be losing any sleep that I won't be in attendance, so expect no concession on this point. So it goes.

Fair enough but if a sizeable number of supporters share your viewpoint/stance it's in the club's interest to do something quickly in order to try and change the opinion/mood of those that aren't going to attend to generate maximum revenue and maximum support.

OK i understand that our ST holders have put money up front for the club but why should  QOTS fans get the discount ahead of Non ST holders like myself & many others ?

Maybe thats the only was QoS would agree to the deal and I reckon more of our fans will benefit than theirs.

The whole "ah'm no gettin whit they're gettin" mentality crops up season after season... the club just cant win... even when trying to do what it can for supporters.

As someone else said... the cut price double deal benefits only non season ticket holders.

Could it be that our club saw this as a way of evening things up and giving a wee bonus to ST holders. .. but the only way that could happen was to give a handful of Doonhamers the same deal?

If so... is that really unreasonable?

Maybe thats the only was QoS would agree to the deal and I reckon more of our fans will benefit than theirs.

The whole "ah'm no gettin whit they're gettin" mentality crops up season after season... the club just cant win... even when trying to do what it can for supporters.

As someone else said... the cut price double deal benefits only non season ticket holders.

Could it be that our club saw this as a way of evening things up and giving a wee bonus to ST holders. .. but the only way that could happen was to give a handful of Doonhamers the same deal?

If so... is that really unreasonable?

Yes.

St Mirren and QOS are a disgrace.

They are discriminating against non S.T. Holders of both Clubs.

They made it f**king plain and simple from mid 1990's onwards that S.T's urnae valid for Cup Ties, so why unfairly involve them in discounts now ?

It should be £10 for all or £15 for all.

Hang yir heads in shame both Clubs.

If St Mirren had stated at start of the Season that there would be discounted cup tie prices for S.T. Holders, then we might have sold more.

But we do it cack handed and discriminate against St Mirren supporters.

It would be interesting to see how many of the "whits yer problem " brigade would be so charitable if it was a game against one of the ugly sisters we were doing this for ?! ^_^

Imagine the uproar if 1000 or so orcs were getting a better deal than Saints fans.

Good point... Though not a good comparison. :)

As I'm sure you're aware...

Rural fans, supporting on their own wee local team as opposed to The Orcs?

And not anything like 1000 or so, I would wager.

Good point... Though not a good comparison. smile.png

As I'm sure you're aware...

Rural fans, supporting on their own wee local team as opposed to The Orcs?

And not anything like 1000 or so, I would wager.

Deliberate comparison Bluto, the numbers ,to a degree are irrelevant, its still that OUR club are giving another teams fans a better deal than many of our home fans.

On another note, i was at palmerston on saturday, i was also at palmerston for the LC game.Was every ST holder there ? if not why do ALL ST holders (of both teams) automatically get the discount while i dont ?

Doesnt make sense.