St Mirren V Qots Scottish Cup Round 4 Replay

Lex

Goodwin bypassed for most of game and distribution panicky and dreadful - space between defence and midfield was a problem with QoS playing well in that area. Hitting the ball long to Reilly was a huge repetitive error. A spell of 15 minutes at the start of each half keeps us in the cup

I hope we Mclean plays in the replay. coz he certainly didnt play today !

Mind you neither did Goodwin (WTF was his distribution all about?) & Reilly I`m afraid simply is not up to standard

Danny , Reilly for Gowser while harkins keeps the bench warm...... really ?!?!.

McLean was absolutely immense and threatening to boss the whole game... right up until a silly substitution cost us three midfielders for the price of one!

Reilly for McGowan not only cost us Gowser... but the other two Mc's as well as the whole shape of the team changed and we missed the intelligence of McGowan that creates space and confidence for the others.

I totally agree that why it wasn't a straight swap for Harkins I will never fathom out. It was the logical move... it was the very reason Harkins was signed in the first place.

McLean was a victim of our managers decision making... unfair to criticise the lad.

McLean was absolutely immense and threatening to boss the whole game... right up until a silly substitution cost us three midfielders for the price of one!

Reilly for McGowan not only cost us Gowser... but the other two Mc's as well as the whole shape of the team changed and we missed the intelligence of McGowan that creates space and confidence for the others.

I totally agree that why it wasn't a straight swap for Harkins I will never fathom out. It was the logical move... it was the very reason Harkins was signed in the first place.

McLean was a victim of our managers decision making... unfair to criticise the lad.

Fair point.

Harkins didn't replace Gowser simply cos he's shit.

We've improved out of sight since Danny dropped all his summer signings. Not point going backwards now.

We're still in the cup, we'll get extra income from the replay.

Best player was Jim Goodwin. Immense.

Here fishy fishy fishy.......

We've improved out of sight since Danny dropped all his summer signings. Not point going backwards now.

Dont agree with that at all Bud. Dithered in the tackle 2nd half, stood off men too often & as for the distribution ?

Surprised you can type with Elvis' cock up your arse !

Very poor performance today on a horrible plastic pitch, 1st 10 mins of the 1st half we were up for it and got in front with a good goal from Newton, then we did nothing but sat back and let them play, Gowser going off didn't help and Reilly was poor made little contribution 2 half we done the exact same thing, Why do we score then sit back, Is that what the bench is telling them, wish I knew, But anybody who thinks these plastic pitches are the way ahead are crazy, woeful pitch, Back to the game, nobody for Saints stood out today, But were still in the draw.

Edited by santaponsasaint

Anyone who doesn't appreciate how important Paul McGowan is to our team should have watched that match carefully this afternoon.

We died on our arses when he went off. Lost our shape, composure, and confidence. Not going to say too much about Reilly as he hasn't featured a great deal, but he was being bullied and brushed off the ball far too easily. His role should vhave been to snap at heels and make a pest of himself, but he was a bit lost. Not his fault, entirely. Feel a wee bit for the lad tonight, but it just didn't work.

Very poor performance today on a horrible plastic pitch, 1st 10 mins of the 1st half we were up for it and got in front with a good goal from Newton, then we did nothing but sat back and let them play, Gowser going off didn't help and Reilly was poor made little contribution 2 half we done the exact same thing, Why do we score then sit back, Is that what the bench is telling them, wish I knew, But anybody who thinks these plastic pitches are the way ahead are crazy, woeful pitch, Back to the game, nobody for Saints stood out today, But were still in the draw.

Agree 100% about the pitch awful to turn on and seemed to suit the long high ball by back spinning and holding up with sharp passes skidding off the surface uncontrollably. Will be a different game on grass. Still no excuse for Goodwins distribution mind you - brutal !

I've yet to see anything decent from young Reilly in a game for us, anytime I've seen him he hasn't looked anywhere near good enough. Something clearly isn't right if he is getting the nod before Harkins, what does that say about Danny's transfer dealings last summer?

Anyone who doesn't appreciate how important Paul McGowan is to our team should have watched that match carefully this afternoon.

We died on our arses when he went off. Lost our shape, composure, and confidence. Not going to say too much about Reilly as he hasn't featured a great deal, but he was being bullied and brushed off the ball far too easily. His role should vhave been to snap at heels and make a pest of himself, but he was a bit lost. Not his fault, entirely. Feel a wee bit for the lad tonight, but it just didn't work.

When Paul McGowan leaves the football club we will be in deep shit.

Not an excuse for us, but did have a bearing. Didn't like the way it affected it the game, regardless of whether it favoured QofS or otherwise.

I agree that plastic pitches , no matter the quality will never be a subtitute for a GOOD QUALITY grass pitch.

But which would you prefer, Motherwells pitch from 2 years ago , Tannadice sand pit from years gone by or Todays surface ( which i believe is the same as the pitch at Ralston)

I can fully understand why teams from the lower leagues install plastic, lost revenue from cancelled/abandoned games can cripple these teams so from that angle, plastic 4g ,5g or whatever makes sense.

Edited by Callum Gilhooley