The West Highland Way

HSS

At Milngavie having a cuppa before we head off on our adventure.:)

All the best HSS, hope you have a great time. Mind an pace yoursel, there's a difference between big walks as opposed to openin the drivers door, walkin round back of motor then openin passenger door!! :-))

1st leg complete,12 miles in 5 hours.....including a half hour pint stop at the beech tree inn!!!Fairly flat for the 1st 8 miles then a few uppy/downy hills in toward Drymen No probs tho,both feel fine Sun was shining all day but with a lovely breeze 13 miles tomorrow to Rowerdenen and its meant to be pishing down all day..Character building!!!Been for a few beers tonight ......Having 1 for the road now in the Clachan.........Licensed 1734 :)

Edited by HSS

1st leg complete,12 miles in 5 hours.....including a half hour pint stop at the beech tree inn!!!Fairly flat for the 1st 8 miles then a few uppy/downy hills in toward Drymen No probs tho,both feel fine Sun was shining all day but with a lovely breeze 13 miles tomorrow to Rowerdenen and its meant to be pishing down all day..Character building!!!Been for a few beers tonight ......Having 1 for the road now in the Clachan.........Licensed 1734 :)

Tomorrow is another day, hangover or no...

Not that I want to nag or nuthin!

And I am not at all envious.... :unsure:

No signal last night........

Drymen to Rowerdenen was a hard slog.I thought after Conic Hill it would be ok but some nasty and never ending hills between Balmaha and Rowerdenen.To make it worse they have built a lot of stairs into the hills and they are a lot harder to navigate.

As I say heavy going....but when you're sitting in the bar afterwards then everything is just fine.:)

Rowerdenen to Beinglas was a nightmare.I hated every step of it.......until that step to the bar for a pint of T.

smile.png

You must have really hated it. You must have really hated it. You must have---- Ach, never mind. Genuinely hope you're having a great time.

Arrived safely at Tyndrum via Crianlarich.1st half was heavy going but after the climb up from Crianlarich it was a nice walk........mostly!!!

After setting off from Beinglas we somehow lost the path and ended up on the main road.We kept going until we could see the path again and the only way back to it was to paddle across the River Falloch then cut thru a field of Coos......not recommended unless you're a reader of "Just In Fae"

Quiet night tonight,something to eat and a couple of pints before our Big Walk tomorrow.

:)

Arrived safely at Tyndrum via Crianlarich.1st half was heavy going but after the climb up from Crianlarich it was a nice walk........mostly!!!

After setting off from Beinglas we somehow lost the path and ended up on the main road.We kept going until we could see the path again and the only way back to it was to paddle across the River Falloch then cut thru a field of Coos......not recommended unless you're a reader of "Just In Fae"

Quiet night tonight,something to eat and a couple of pints before our Big Walk tomorrow.

smile.png

Good stuff. You know we were only joking about the multiple post. Enjoy your quiet night and beers. Look forward to hearing about your Big Walk. Mind you don't bump into Jenny Agutter.

Cracking walk to Bridge of Orchy where I had a quick pint at the hotel.3 miles from there and you're at the Inveraron hotel where I had another 2 pints and a toastie.From there it was a f'kin 8 mile walk uphill which was hard going in the heat.You're on a path but it's stones and rocks all the way,not easy walking.The Compede has done it's job,protecting blisters on each heel and 1 on the ball of my left foot.At Kingshouse now,time for a couple of pints and.an early night before the "short" walk to Kinlochleven........only 8 miles.:)

How are the slippers holding up?

Slippers are waiting at home,I'm really looking forward to meeting up with them.

Only 8 miles today but it was hard, possibly the hardest now that Loch Lomond is a distant memory!! Out the Kingshouse and up and over the,aptly named,Devils Staircase in 25° heat.Again well worth it when you get to the top,the view was spectacular.Then you think this will be easier,it's almost downhill all the way from here.......I hate downhill :( Anyway,at Kinlochleven now....Not much here apart from a couple of pubs.... would be rude not to try them and watch some of the opening ceremony.It'll be strange to see Sellic Park with a capacity crowd!!

Last day tomorrow 16 mile to the Fort!!!!!

Edited by HSS