Climate Change

shull

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/scotland-misses-target-for-reducing-greenhouse-gases-for-third-year-in-row.1402397921

I'm so sorry, i didnae realise it was partly my fault.

I promise to pay a Tenner for every Tesco Carrier bag that i need.

That will solve the emission problem.

What a load of bollox.

Of course it's pish. We're supposed to pay extra for plastic bags when we go shopping, yet if you step into your local library you can pick up piles of plastic bags for lifting up your dog shit in, and if you tie a plastic bag to the handle of the food waste bin in North Lanarkshire the local council will give you around 100 bags free and no matter what you use them for, so long as you tie the last one back to the bin handle on collection day, you'll get another 100 free of charge.

Everyone should see these charges for what they are. It's got f**k all to do with the environment and everything to do with screwing you out of more money.

And Shull I know your article targets Nick Clegg, who is a fanny, but the Welsh Assembly led the way with this pish in the UK and the Scottish Government had already voted on the proposal and agreed to put the 5p charge for bags into action before Nick Clegg got in on the act.

Anyway I wonder how this will affect my weekly online shopping at Tesco. I always tick the box for no bags so that I can get the extra Clubcard points and yet there hasn't been a single delivery yet where there's not been at least 5 bags in the delivery.

It made a tremendous difference to the general environment when they introduced the plastic bag charge over here. The place was a f*cking midden, with old torn bags lying all over the place, up trees, in the harbour and so on. Now its much cleaner, and people are more conscious of the problems of plastic bags (or, more importantly, the clatty b*stards who threw them all over the shop!) But, climate change? Don't think so.

It made a tremendous difference to the general environment when they introduced the plastic bag charge over here. The place was a f*cking midden, with old torn bags lying all over the place, up trees, in the harbour and so on. Now its much cleaner, and people are more conscious of the problems of plastic bags (or, more importantly, the clatty b*stards who threw them all over the shop!) But, climate change? Don't think so.

Can definitely say the same for Northern Ireland. Plastic bags haven't gone but we only see a fraction of what blew about before.

The 2014 figures for Scotland should be interesting. An absolute paper mountain created, shit spoken all over and trillions of cubic metres of hot air all for a needless bloody referendum.

Anyway I wonder how this will affect my weekly online shopping at Tesco. I always tick the box for no bags so that I can get the extra Clubcard points and yet there hasn't been a single delivery yet where there's not been at least 5 bags in the delivery.

I know one of the supermarkets puts a 40p charge on deliveries to cover bags. My head says it's Sainsbury's but could be Tesco.

I saw it mentioned as supermarkets collecting money to give to give profits to 'charity' which seems bollox. It's a tax, the government should man up and call it exactly that.

Guest TPAFKATS

The forums resident thick as f**k windbag doesn't know the difference between a supermarket polybag and the biodegradable bags used for food waste.

The 2014 figures for Scotland should be interesting. An absolute paper mountain created, shit spoken all over and trillions of cubic metres of hot air all for a needless bloody referendum.

And that's just StuD......

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/scotland-misses-target-for-reducing-greenhouse-gases-for-third-year-in-row.1402397921

What a load of bollox.

It's what your eating that's the problem. Stay off the beans

What a load of bollox.

Great news.

About time we did something about this plastic bag problem we have.

I dinnae have a problem.

I use them to get my goodies home from Tesco.

I then use them as a bin liner which said bin is filled with discarded Tesco wrappings.

Glasgow City Council take away filled carrier bag.

Nae f**king problem.

Naw, i dinnae recycle as i dinnae believe that i cause global warming.

If the Cooncil want to recycle my rubbish they can dae it themselves.

They charge me plenty tax, so they can get on with it.

f**kEM !