Moving To Paisley...

esaciar

Hi there,

New to the boards - even though I've been skulking around them for a while now - and I wanted to introduce myself. I was born and raised in Northumberland and have lived here for my entire life so far. I met my wife about 8 years ago now and we struck up a conversation about Paisley - she was from the Brodie Park area and my grandparents were from the Seedhill area. I had always been proud of my roots - my grandfather had been a submariner, a shipworker and then a firefighter and my grandma had been a worker at the thread mill before they moved across to Northumberland. So I've always had that connection with Paisley.

I've been offered a job in Glasgow and the wife and I have decided to move across to Paisley and settle there. It's an opportunity I am really looking forward to. My grandfather used to love St. Mirren and spoke about them all of the time - Cunningham, Knox, McGregor and Gebbie were some of the names that he had witnessed as a teenager. Sadly, he is no longer with us, but I have always had a place in my heart for St. Mirren because of him.

Now that we're moving to the town, I've considered the possibility of getting a season ticket...

So, I was just looking to introduce myself and make a few contacts. Cheers!

Edited by esaciar

Hi there,

New to the boards - even though I've been skulking around them for a while now - and I wanted to introduce myself. I was born and raised in Northumberland and have lived here for my entire life so far. I met my wife about 8 years ago now and we struck up a conversation about Paisley - she was from the Brodie Park area and my grandparents were from the Seedhill area. I had always been proud of my roots - my grandfather had been a shipworker, a firefighter and then a submariner, and my grandma had been a worker at the thread mill before they moved across to Northumberland. So I've always had that connection with Paisley.

I've been offered a job in Glasgow and the wife and I have decided to move across to Paisley and settle there. It's an opportunity I am really looking forward to. My grandfather used to love St. Mirren and spoke about them all of the time - Cunningham, Knox, McGregor and Gebbie were some of the names that he had witnessed as a teenager. Sadly, he is no longer with us, but I have always had a place in my heart for St. Mirren because of him.

Now that we're moving to the town, I've considered the possibility of getting a season ticket...

Welcome. biggrin.png

Hi there,

New to the boards - even though I've been skulking around them for a while now - and I wanted to introduce myself. I was born and raised in Northumberland and have lived here for my entire life so far. I met my wife about 8 years ago now and we struck up a conversation about Paisley - she was from the Brodie Park area and my grandparents were from the Seedhill area. I had always been proud of my roots - my grandfather had been a submariner, a shipworker and then a firefighter and my grandma had been a worker at the thread mill before they moved across to Northumberland. So I've always had that connection with Paisley.

Welcome Buddie !!

You'll normally find the Guy above in The Unfunny Thread. whistling.gif

Edited by shull

Before considering getting a season ticket, please answer the following questions truthfully and honestly.

Is it all Cheesy's fault?

Is the new scoreboard shite?

Should the consortium lower their asking price?

Is Jim Goodwin the anti-Christ?

Are JD Sports on drugs?

Does Tommy Craig intend to be shown up by guys like Alex Neil all season?

Will you set Dickson to ignore?

Will you 'like' all my jokes, no matter how shite they are?

Gus McPherson or Danny Lennon?

At all times, do you promise to call 'Rangers' by their proper name? Please choose from 'The Rangers', 'Sevco 3058 Scotland', 'The Sevco Franchise', 'TCFKAR'.

...welcome to the asylum.

Don't waste your money on a season ticket mate Saint Mirren are crap .

In fact that's an insult to the word crap there's no words to describe how bad they are .

If you have any sense you won't even consider it.

Edited by elvis

bye1.gif

Before considering getting a season ticket, please answer the following questions truthfully and honestly.

It's not ALL Cheesy's fault, but he is too inconsistent for my liking at times...

It's a wee bit bigger than I am used to, but it looks like it'll do a job...

The morality and love of the new owners are more of a concern for me than the price they pay...

No. He's a god among men.

Are JD Sports on drugs?

People who buy things from them have been known to be where I am from...

He doesn't intend to. Whether he will be is another question...

??

I'll try, but I can't make promises...

They were a 'team' that was better than the sum of their individual parts...

At all times, do you promise to call 'Rangers' by their proper name? Please choose from 'The Rangers', 'Sevco 3058 Scotland', 'The Sevco Franchise', 'TCFKAR'.

I call Rangers various things...

Edited by esaciar

Are JD Sports on drugs?

...welcome to the asylum.

Poz you silly man you forgot - Are the sausage rolls shite

A warm welcome Esaciar. When going to the games get yourself along to the pubs where you will find friendly Saints fans to chat away with. Warning though St Mirren can be bad for your blood pressure !

Don't waste your money on a season ticket mate Saint Mirren are crap .

In fact that's an insult to the word crap there's no words to describe how bad they are .

If you have any sense you won't even consider it.

That post does not deserve humour and being perfectly honest you should be ashamed of yourself.

Piss off and support one of the old firm you will fit in with one of them perfectly

Hi there,

Want my season ticket? I only renewed it yesterday so 's brand spanking new, just about....

Hi there,

Welcome, I would hang fire on getting the season ticket though, Come along to some of the games, see if its your thing and take it from there. Also check out some of the Pubs in Paisley that are frequented by supporters, Like The Tile Bar, The Argyll, The Bull in etc. Hope all goes well with the job and move

Welcome, I would hang fire on getting the season ticket though, Come along to some of the games, see if its your thing and take it from there. Also check out some of the Pubs in Paisley that are frequented by supporters, Like The Tile Bar, The Argyll, The Bull in etc. Hope all goes well with the job and move

Might be best advised, yeah. But I've supported St. Mireen from afar for most of my adult life, so I can imagine I know what to expect...It'll be good to feel justified in having opinions. I'll feel like a legitimate fan!

Might be best advised, yeah. But I've supported St. Mireen from afar for most of my adult life, so I can imagine I know what to expect...It'll be good to feel justified in having opinions. I'll feel like a legitimate fan!

Dont expect eveyone on here to accept opinions, but most of the folk on here are good. I lived just outside Newcastle ( a place called Forrest Hall) back in the 2002 to 2004. and used to sometimes go to St.James' Park to watch Newcastle play- Wasnt the same as St.Mirren but played in Black and White so wasnt all bad

The only problem is getting our house sold. It might be that I end up renting something in Paisley - a wee one bedroom job - before we make the move up permanent. The job doesn't start until January, so I've got plenty of time...

Neilston Road is near the in-laws, but I'll need my own space and Well Street is near the stadium, which is cracking. They look the best options at the moment...

Any thoughts?

The only problem is getting our house sold. It might be that I end up renting something in Paisley - a wee one bedroom job - before we make the move up permanent. The job doesn't start until January, so I've got plenty of time...

Neilston Road is near the in-laws, but I'll need my own space and Well Street is near the stadium, which is cracking. They look the best options at the moment...

Any thoughts?

Seen a few 'For Let' flats in the Sandstone Tenements on Love Street that don't look too bad, only thing is its near to where the stadium used to be. Tore it down but doesn't look like much is happening with the place. Even though Love Street was old, and parts of it a bit decrepit, I miss the place and it had an atmosphere that we just don't seem to have at St.Mirren park, apart from that its a nice, all be it, wee stadium

Edited by Deekthebuddie

Seen a few 'For Let' flats in the Sandstone Tenements on Love Street that don't look too bad, only thing is its near to where the stadium used to be. Tore it down but doesn't look like much is happening with the place. Even though Love Street was old, and parts of it a bit decrepit, I miss the place and it had an atmosphere that we just don't seem to have at St.Mirren park, apart from that its a nice, all be it, wee stadium

Aye, cheers.

I've just had a look and they're pretty canny, like.

Just the sort of thing to tide me over.