Time For A Change( Cheap Option Didn't Work)

Kendo. What you say may be ok up to a point but in my view this was the wrong appointment and I heard it was not unanimous.It may not be accurate however we should have invited applications and taken matters from there.

I was also shocked and stunned at the appointment, however if it proves to be a mistake then our board will sort it.

Last season we had the hearts safety net which we nearly blew one point. This year if we continue like last year we will become detached. I actually can't see us scoring many goals without a fit thommo and I think that with a really poor back line once again this season is the one when we will finally be made to pay. If tommy is happy with his squad and believes he has the players then he is a mad. Let's take the saints glasses off and actually how good are our players and in particular our young players. They have moments but then other teams seem to have more moments. We struggle and struggle and struggle and maybe we need to actually be cold and calculated and just admit some of our players aren't very good . Maybe when we realise this we can change it? I know we don't have huge cash available but neither do Hamilton nor Inverness or stjohnstone yet each one of them would pump us if we played them tomorrow . Hamilton have a strike force I would bite your hand of for and on a budget much less than ours. We are stale were always in a fight to stay up and I think the fans patience is cracking. I said the board had the chance to clear it out in summer but they never and because tommy has had three years here he was never going to be afforded time.

I never judged Lennon on his first season, I was behind him until the home loss to Ayr in his second season.

We had a worse start to last season, with a worse team and in a harder league, and we still finished 8th.

We won't be in huge trouble till the end of January at the earliest. It's a long season, every bottom 6 team will lose 4 games in a row at some point in the season. It's not time to panick yet.

We were 1 point better off this time last season. So can't agree we were worse off!

Will this team be able to replicate the run of form we had following the draw with Aberdeen last year...was it 10 pts from 12 or something. Heart says yes, head says no.

Danny is a better manager than Tommy Craig, that's why despite everything we still finished 8th last season.

He is indeed a gent and a legend. However, my point is simply Tommy should not be judged on Danny's record.

No one apart from Tommy or Danny knows how much influence Tommy had. And I'd wager they'd both disagree on Tommy's influence.

Tommy is his now his own man and it's now all on him. He, like any new St Mirren manager, deserves time to get his ideas across.

But you posted on this forum during the summer, something along the lines of..."Danny has not been in complete control since the home loss to St Johnstone"

If not Danny, and if not Tommy, who were you told was in charge the first team.

Edited by NeilPar72

• 2 months later...