Johann Lamont Resigns

Guest TPAFKATS

Watch her debating, and her style is to shout. You've clearly got the nat specs firmly strapped on though, fair enough. You thought Yes was going to win, didn't you?

Meanwhile, back in the real world.

You seem to have your conservative/UKIP specs on too.

And, no, I didn't think we'd win, as there were too many spineless and/or gullible individuals in our population.

Back in the real world the SNP, despite having a "hated" leader in Salmond and a "shouty" in Sturgeon AND 7 years in power, are still surging ahead in the polls for 2015.

There are no opposition politicians offering a reasonable alternative right now.

Yeah.

Surely the conservative/UKIP vote and party membership in Scotland has rocketed, in the past few moths due to Ruthie's sterling performance......................

Back in the real world the SNP, despite having a "hated" leader in Salmond and a "shouty" in Sturgeon AND 7 years in power, are still surging ahead in the polls for 2015.

There are no opposition politicians offering a reasonable alternative right now.

Speaking of joke figures, hi Oaky.

' 65 - 35 yes, you heard it here first '

' there's no way 1 million Scots will vote no '

:lol::lol: :lol::lol:

Who said Salmond was hated incidentally? I am a fan of his, I think he's a great politician.

You seem to have your conservative/UKIP specs on too.

And, no, I didn't think we'd win, as there were too many spineless and/or gullible individuals in our population.

UKIP and Tories? Whit? I've never voted for them either.

Apologies I thought you predicted a yes win in the referendum thread pre vote, I could be wrong.

As for gullible individuals, I couldn't believe 44.7% voted yes either.

Edited by TopCat

Speaking of joke figures, hi Oaky.

' 65 - 35 yes, you heard it here first '

' there's no way 1 million Scots will vote no '

:lol::lol: :lol::lol:

Who said Salmond was hated incidentally? I am a fan of his, I think he's a great politician.

So am I. Any other leader of a Yes referendum in Scotland might have had a credible plan to carry it, but Salmond didn't want independence and deliberately spiked it.

I hope everyone in Scotland votes Conservative in the General Election but if they don't I'd love for the SNP to win loads more seats. There's no surer way to ensure a conservative win

Edited by Stuart Dickson

UKIP and Tories? Whit? I've never voted for them either.

Apologies I thought you predicted a yes win in the referendum thread pre vote, I could be wrong.

As for gullible individuals, I couldn't believe 44.7% voted yes either.

I think recent events have highlighted that the 44.7% weren't the gullible fools.

So you haven't voted labour, nor conservative/UKIP (they're the same party,they just swap MP's now and again).

Surely you're not a lib dem voter.

That really would be inviting ridicule of the highest order.

Edited by FTOF

I think recent events have highlighted that the 44.7% weren't the gullible fools.

So you haven't voted labour, nor conservative/UKIP (they're the same party,they just swap MP's now and again).

Surely you're not a lib dem voter.

That really would be inviting ridicule of the highest order.

As I've explained numerous times on here, I've been an SNP voter my whole life.

I'm undecided who I will vote for next year though.

Yet you wrote you were handing out leaflets at a Johnstone polling station for the NO side. Was under the impression it was helping labour when you wrote it on the forum. mmm I'm confused !

I generally don't read your posts.

So you consistently voted for a party that's main existence is to make Scotland independent, but then you vote no.

Ladies and gents, look no further for the definitive definition of a coward.

Prime Tory voter material in the future.

Edited by FTOF

So you consistently voted for a party that's main existence is to make Scotland independent, but then you vote no.

It's more likely that he thought what was on offer was the opposite of independence. Of course, losers are always trying to find someone to blame for their failure.

I also must be a coward... Er... I would have been if I'd been Scottish enough to vote. :rolleyes:

Yet you wrote you were handing out leaflets at a Johnstone polling station for the NO side. Was under the impression it was helping labour when you wrote it on the forum. mmm I'm confused !

It wasn't helping labour, it was helping our glorious union.

We won Renfrewshire, we won Scotland. What a day :)

Why do you keep replying to them then?

I voted for the SNP as they were the only party who had a referendum in their manifesto. I voted for them because I wanted a referendum. I wanted a referendum so we could vote no.

Just like what happened. Sit down now flower, good lad.

Edited by TopCat

We won Renfrewshire, we won Scotland. What a day smile.png

You need to scrutinize Westminster more closely mate or better still read 'hoe the establishment get away it'

It's not about Scottish independence and well worth a read even only for enlighten ones mind.

You need to scrutinize Westminster more closely mate or better still read 'hoe the establishment get away it'

It's not about Scottish independence and well worth a read even only for enlighten ones mind.

Why would I read some book by some left wing nutter? No thanks.

I scrutinise Westminster plenty, as do the Scottish electorate.

Simply because there are a lot of ( facts ) in the book certainly did not pick up the writer being a left winger never mind a nutter. He tears into all Westminster political parties including left wingers. Don't knock something you have not read , you should give it a read then make your mind up , not before.

Hugh Henry is probably in trouble for hanging on to his seat at the next election. Yes won in Paisley and No won out in the likes of Houston, Bridge of Weir, Kilbarchan etc. Labour have been used to holding Paisley with little effort and fighting with the Tories for top spot in the surrounding villages. Now they can't bank on Paisley being solidly Labour any more.

The days of your beloved Union are numbered . It will be gone soon enough. .

Maybe not this year or the next but it is due to expire just shortly because it is a corrupt system. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

The days of you beloved Union are numbered . It will be gone soon enough. .

Maybe not this year or the next but it is due to expire just shortly because it is a corrupt system. .

TC sounds a bit strange ? He is distributing leaflets for a Union yet he writes of left wing nutters LOL Even if it is a Student Union does he not realize union UK parties want to charge students to go to uni !

Simply because there are a lot of ( facts ) in the book certainly did not pick up the writer being a left winger never mind a nutter. He tears into all Westminster political parties including left wingers. Don't knock something you have not read , you should give it a read then make your mind up , not before.

No there isn't.

You've been hooked in by a left wing nutter and self publicist. You paid to read his rubbish?

I'm embarrassed on your behalf.

Edited by TopCat

It's more likely that he thought what was on offer was the opposite of independence. Of course, losers are always trying to find someone to blame for their failure.

I also must be a coward... Er... I would have been if I'd been Scottish enough to vote. rolleyes.gif

I'm not a loser, I voted for what I believed was the right course of action - unlike Ms. Lamont it would seem.

Scottish Labour leader Johann Lamont has resigned with immediate effect after accusing the UK party of treating Scotland like a "branch office".

The 56-year-old MSP indicated that she had "had enough".

Hugh Henry is probably in trouble for hanging on to his seat at the next election. Yes won in Paisley and No won out in the likes of Houston, Bridge of Weir, Kilbarchan etc. Labour have been used to holding Paisley with little effort and fighting with the Tories for top spot in the surrounding villages. Now they can't bank on Paisley being solidly Labour any more.

No he isn't. Charity wager? I say Hugh Henry will win in 2016, you say he won't... How much you willing to put behind it?

The vast majority of Labour voters voted No, that's why the good fight won. You can't win a vote in Scotland without carrying the Labour vote.

These voters who voted Labour and voted no will continue to vote Labour. They are the majority. The minority who voted yes will also continue to vote Labour, because they aren't stupid.

I sound like a Labour supporter don't i? I'm not, they're a disgrace. They're Renfrewshire's chosen disgrace though, and as such they will remain.

considering that you don't know the difference between the deficit and the debt I think we can safely ignore all your posts