New Paisley Cinema & Theatre

garzo

Piazza flattening sounds good to me- a garden city development along the banks of the cart from the Hammils to the bridge behind the sneddon and the high street reverted to good quality social and private housing with certain decrepit buildings removed and replaced with open space and street art/furniture.

the UK high street aint coming back soon and the only way it will ever happen is if city centres become a bit more picturesque and attractive

we do desperately need a major employer to move their headquarters to a location near the town centre to drive some momentum. they really should have done something to try and snare scottish power who are building in a pointless location next to the M8. a new development on Laighcartside would have been ideal for them

somebody somewhere is planning a new city headquarters building just now, we only need to get one of them to Paisley and we are rocking

I like your blue sky thinking but its never going to happen.

The only organisation that would have the desire to drop the Piazza would the Council unfortunately they would not commit the resources to purchase the site and undertake a demolition and refurbishment.

Paisley has no high spec office space in it to attract a major companies new city headquarters. Nor is there a desire for a major company to he in Paisley.

Scottish Power HQ in Glasgow city centre is a kick in the teeth to some of the spec office space that has been created in the past in the hope of attracting them.

To attract business like these requires an ambitious Council that has a desire to build/invest from the centre out. Such ambition brings revenue to allow investment in other areas.

Our Council would rather spend the money on the periphery of the town while the centre rots.

I'd sell them our current all seated souless stadium with car parking facilities as long as we can move back to Love St.

We have been in this new stadium for nearly 5 years and it still feels like someone else's ground.

I'm not a huge fan ether but it's home that's the bottom line. If the football improved so would the atmosphere

Guest TPAFKATS

How about WITHIN 10 miles of Paisley Cross which is where Paisley is and why it's a good idea. We've all had enough of 'attractions' outwith the town, sucking the life out the place haven't we ?

Surely that demand is already served by the theatre district in Glasgow together with smaller local venues. Cinemas must be at saturation point already between city centre, Braehead, Fort, silverburn, linwood. Any others?

In principle it's a grand idea, just don't think that there is a market that isn't already being adequately served.

Surely that demand is already served by the theatre district in Glasgow together with smaller local venues. Cinemas must be at saturation point already between city centre, Braehead, Fort, silverburn, linwood. Any others?

In principle it's a grand idea, just don't think that there is a market that isn't already being adequately served.

What I meant to say in my original reply, was that it should be within one mile of the town centre, if not slap bang within it. The idea is to bring some life to the town instead of people going out of town for such entertainments.

The town centre is fairly busy I can think of a number of options. First pick would have been where the la Scala used to be. But other options include the old GPO premises opposite the Station. ( apparently to become a play area). Although like said else where Tudor bar is would work.

Guest TPAFKATS

The town centre is fairly busy I can think of a number of options. First pick would have been where the la Scala used to be. But other options include the old GPO premises opposite the Station. ( apparently to become a play area). Although like said else where Tudor bar is would work.

The kids play area coming soon sign has been there for at least 2 years :-D

Guest TPAFKATS

What I meant to say in my original reply, was that it should be within one mile of the town centre, if not slap bang within it. The idea is to bring some life to the town instead of people going out of town for such entertainments.

Ok, how about high street / wellmeadow area. Smallish venue that can accommodate shows and film screenings. Niche market, not mainstream cinema. Tap into the cafe culture quarter that was meant to be coming to that area? Did that get dropped when control of council changed back to labour?

Ok, how about high street / wellmeadow area. Smallish venue that can accommodate shows and film screenings. Niche market, not mainstream cinema. Tap into the cafe culture quarter that was meant to be coming to that area? Did that get dropped when control of council changed back to labour?

That's exactly what I had a mind, a smallish niche cinema/venue type operation that can accommodate the tastes of the art house or documentary film fan as well as the odd 'classic' mainstream film release. Mind you, wasn't that what the Arts Centre was supposed to be doing ?

Garzo. Councillors and MPs need to have a word with our fan council... These guys managed to bring big screen action to Paisley on Saturday there. Plus a live band, a bar, a coffee bar, food, presents for the kids, games for the kids, toilet facilities....

Only thing missing was the popcorn!

All in a car park on the outskirts of town on a tight budget!

Garzo. Councillors and MPs need to have a word with our fan council... These guys managed to bring big screen action to Paisley on Saturday there. Plus a live band, a bar, a coffee bar, food, presents for the kids, games for the kids, toilet facilities....

Only thing missing was the popcorn!

All in a car park on the outskirts of town on a tight budget!

hope to catch up with the fans council as part of a Paisley wide consultation and public engagement process...

Guest TPAFKATS

That's exactly what I had a mind, a smallish niche cinema/venue type operation that can accommodate the tastes of the art house or documentary film fan as well as the odd 'classic' mainstream film release. Mind you, wasn't that what the Arts Centre was supposed to be doing ?

Like this & spot on.

So back to my first comment then - is there a market for this that isnt already covered by existing facilities?

Not within Paisley itself, various 'cinema club' type things have come and gone, and there's something on at The Wynd Centre from time to time, but no dedicated facility. But yes as ever, we're too close to and too well connected to a big city and have suffered in all manner of ways because of that.

So back to my first comment then - is there a market for this that isnt already covered by existing facilities?

That's a really good question & we totally believe there is a market - our job is to document & demonstrate that.

The aim is to develop a facility that is unique in style & content, attractive locally and to a wider audience, mixing leisure & education with Cinema & Theatre - underpinned by digital technology that can beam in live performances & sport from all over the world.

Grateful for your interest & contribution.

Edited by garzo

Personally I think the world, or at least Paisley could do well out of a fully digital, hi-resolution 'alternative' cinema.

I've been to the odd live 'beam in' of concerts at the Linwood Showcase and it's been a great experience. Some of my mates in live webcasting would love a small venue offering the facility to show live local sports, concerts, your live wedding to the family living down under who couldn't make it, etc etc...

A bit of 'outside the box' thinking required here methinks, and why not ? As some long forgotten film enthusiast used to say...????

Personally I think the world, or at least Paisley could do well out of a fully digital, hi-resolution 'alternative' cinema.

I've been to the odd live 'beam in' of concerts at the Linwood Showcase and it's been a great experience. Some of my mates in live webcasting would love a small venue offering the facility to show live local sports, concerts, your live wedding to the family living down under who couldn't make it, etc etc...

A bit of 'outside the box' thinking required here methinks, and why not ? As some long forgotten film enthusiast used to say...????

Could use your positive comments & experience. pls contact our trust on FB

https://m.facebook.com/paisleytrust?ref=bookmark

Edited by garzo