Just Watched....what A Day...heres Hoping We Can Have Some Of The Same

jama

The semi-final will remain my favourite game , for the time being. Isma scores on 8 minutes (and isn't quite sure how to celebrate but he learned quickly) and the 4 thousand Buddies go into raptures and celebrate for about 8 minutes (aye , not cathartic tho') , I lost my voice around this point . It reminded me of the kind of crowd we had back in the day , at Loves Street . There were a few occasions when the 4k Saints fans drowned out the 20 odd K tic elite (you can even hear this on the tv playback) . I hadn't seen or heard us being so partisan for a long time , phenomenal . .we just never let up , we got behind the team 110% . .

That's what it was about , being with a jubilant hardened Saints support going mental , running down the steps to get to Thommo and beating them , Danny's first time at beating the tic and he waited til a cup semi. .magnificent. .

Here is the magnificent montage video the BBC made of the cup win http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/21889596

I still watch this about once a month and I still have to fight back tears every time (similar to every home match this season I'll grant you).

I dread the day I go to view it and it's been taken down so if any bright spark knows how to download it or get it on youtube please do.

saintnextlifetime

Posted 13 January 2015 - 23:29

The semi-final will remain my favourite game , for the time being. Isma scores on 8 minutes (and isn't quite sure how to celebrate but he learned quickly) and the 4 thousand Buddies go into raptures and celebrate for about 8 minutes (aye , not cathartic tho') , I lost my voice around this point . It reminded me of the kind of crowd we had back in the day , at Loves Street . There were a few occasions when the 4k Saints fans drowned out the 20 odd K tic elite (you can even hear this on the tv playback) . I hadn't seen or heard us being so partisan for a long time , phenomenal . .we just never let up , we got behind the team 110% . .

That's what it was about , being with a jubilant hardened Saints support going mental , running down the steps to get to Thommo and beating them , Danny's first time at beating the tic and he waited til a cup semi. .magnificent. .

Due to family connections, I actually attended the semi-final by sitting in the 'family' section of the Celtic end!!!!

When we scored first I stood up and shouted (naturally), then suddenly realised my reaction and let's just suggest, my precarious position. When they equalised I clapped as an appreciation of a good goal, but at the same time I groaned as I'd seen many false dawns against the old firm throughout the years.

Samson's penalty save was right in front of me and all I could say was: "I don't believe what I'm seeing"!! However my hands were tightly clasped and there was no automatic jump for joy.

However.................... as we then went 2-1 up then 3-1, I was beyond worry. I even had the Ceptic supporters all around saying they thought we had played brilliantly and they didn't expect this type of performance. Their final goal really meant nothing other than a little bit of respectability.

I've been to many games against both of the well supported Glasgow teams, and there are some memorable moments......... the outstanding one is the 3-1 win over Celtic at Ibrox in 1962 in the Scottish Cup semi-final, even taking into account the 'invasion', however as with most Buddie related events, we then couldn't repeat the act against Rangers at Hampden. That was one example of playing OF opposition and having them on toast for the whole 90 minutes.

The League Cup semi against Celtic goes down as one of the great memories, but is of course overtaken by the win against Hearts.

Edited by The Original 59er

Aye we created some noise that day. I think the biggest roar was for Samson's penalty save. Every Saints fan there knew we were going to win after the first 5 minutes.

Aye we created some noise that day. I think the biggest roar was for Samson's penalty save. Every Saints fan there knew we were going to win after the first 5 minutes.

I didn't until the clock on the scoreboard stopped at 90 mins and we were 3-1 ahead

I take nothing for granted especially after our previous Hampden appearance

Still haunted

Unwell, I was forced to watch online. :(

At that save, I roared.

Mah wummin was miles away in the hoose, but she came through and saw me greetin that my eyes were slightly moist.

Concerned, she asked if I was ok?

I told her that St Mirren were going to win the cup.

. Every Saints fan there knew we were going to win after the first 5 minutes.

I didn't... I still thought we were going to lose even when we were 3-1 up with 10 minutes to go!

The semi was a better day out than the final IMO, although the final was great. The semi was just more of a surprise, and it was mainly just regular every week fans that were there. And you didn't have to wait 30 minutes to get served at the pubs after it either!

I didn't until the clock on the scoreboard stopped at 90 mins and we were 3-1 ahead

Still haunted

With about 30 seconds of stoppage time remaining we had the ball in the corner and I said to my brother "We're going to do it!". Cue Celtic winning possession, charging up the field and scoring :lol:

I went that day fearing the worst given our form against Celtic and we'd been hammered the week before by Ross County. I was hoping to see us score - something that hadn't happened in the three previous times I'd see us at Hampden - and that there would be a "moment" to remember, even if we then ended up getting gubbed.

We started tremendously and you could see we were really up for it. It took me a split-second to realise Isma's shot had hit the post and gone in rather than bounced out. The rest of the first half was great but when they equalised with about the last kick of the ball I assumed normal service had been resumed - further enhanced when they got that penalty. What a save by Samson though.

Even Collum, who was having his usual performance, couldn't deny us the penalty when Mulgrew used both his hands. I could barely watch and remember thinking at 2-1 it was a shame our prodigal St Mirren fan hadn't scored. Well that problem was soon put right - an audible groan from folk when the ball fell to a defender (think it was Cheesy) only for him to produce a perfect cross and Thompson to absolutely hammer it in.

I remember sod all of the rest of the game. I think their Lennon miscontrolled the ball when it went into his technical area much to our delight, and in fairness he did wave. They might have hit the bar. We might have had a chance for fourth. Who knows. Who cares?

That day was far more enjoyable for me than the final (well, until it finished). There was absolutely no pressure on us, most neutrals reckoned we were going to get humped and it was a relaxed, jokey atmosphere among our fans. A great afternoon :)

Still haunted

Unwell, I was forced to watch online. sad.png

At that save, I roared.

Mah wummin was miles away in the hoose, but she came through and saw me greetin that my eyes were slightly moist.

Concerned, she asked if I was ok?

I told her that St Mirren were going to win the cup.

From that moment on our name was on the cup. Even in the final Hearts could have been 3/4 up after 30 mins.

I didn't... I still thought we were going to lose even when we were 3-1 up with 10 minutes to go!

The semi was a better day out than the final IMO, although the final was great. The semi was just more of a surprise, and it was mainly just regular every week fans that were there. And you didn't have to wait 30 minutes to get served at the pubs after it either!

Ok fair do's at 3-1 the previous Hampden experience was still playing on my mind but even the night before I just knew we were going to win. I was even planning how I was going to celebrate. Our whole bus had the same feeling, even Thompson said the players had the same feeling on their bus. It was just destiny, made even better by Scott Brown making a rip roaring c'nt of himself and blocking me on twitter later for giving him drunken pelters.

Still haunted

Indeed. .

After , Isma scored I was filled with belief but until the fat lady sings , one can't really relax or until that wee c**t Coll*m blew his whistle, ,

Yes , when Samson saved (I'll never forget him for that , if nothing else) , it was just as if we had scored and all the better that it was saved against them. .