Our Shite Defence

Kemp

Eh?

So unless we agree with your shite point we should give it a rest?

Discussion forums aren't for you.

You are clearly just posting nonsense for the sake of it now if you are now claiming that a team is about to go in to February without a single clean sheet does not have a major problem in defence.

You moaned and complained about Danny Lennon when he was doing a fine job, then bumped your gums about Tommy Craig being fine when he was clearly utterly clueless. Either you don't have a clue about football or you are like a couple of other posters here and only happy if you can make yourself the centre of attention on a thread.

Why is wanting to have a discussion about tactics and how we line up across the midfield "an agenda"? There were already a few interesting posts made on the point, sadly that discussion will be closed now because it will be page after page of you wittering on about agendas, being better than Ross County, and only losing goals due to refs, deflections, offsides and divots on the pitch....

We never lost on Saturday because of defensive mistakes. We lost because we missed a hatful of chances and were denied a stonewall penalty.

Actually we did. We were 1-0 up and all we had to do was concentrate and keep a clean sheet. Both Dundee's goals were down to lapses in concentration defensively.

The defense is far from perfect but I think they have been ok recently, alot of the goals we lose come from the midfield not closing down quick enough or being caught out of position. Gregg Wylde deserves punted for failing to put a tackle in in the build up to the 2nd goal.. he is a sh*tebag who can't and won't tackle and he's certainly not good enough going forward to make up for that.

I would like to see Jason at centre half or even up front, he has scored this season.

If either of our fullbacks bomb forward, then it's down to either the midfielder/winger or the holding midfielder to slot in and cover. On occassion's we move to three at the back with everyone moving across to cover a specific area.

Think it's time that the coaches went back to basics regarding positioning on the pitch

How good would it be if we signed a centre half to play alongside Cheesy and have Goodwin & Osbourne sitting in front of our back four. I think we need to start keeping clean sheets quickly

Again, where would the creativity then come from? It's Scotland, you don't need two defensive midfielders. Osbourne usually hangs a bit, but very often we see McGinn, McLean and Mallan all in or just outside the box...one needs to hold slightly.

How good would it be if we signed a centre half to play alongside Cheesy and have Goodwin & Osbourne sitting in front of our back four. I think we need to start keeping clean sheets quickly

I think we really need to see Goodwin going into midfield and helping to protect the back four. We need to sign another decent centre half.

I also agree we need to get working on keeping a clean sheet and getting that monkey off our backs and build from there. Terrible to think we haven't kept a clean sheet all season. It's nearly February for feck sake!

Again, where would the creativity then come from? It's Scotland, you don't need two defensive midfielders. Osbourne usually hangs a bit, but very often we see McGinn, McLean and Mallan all in or just outside the box...one needs to hold slightly.

Mallan, McGinn & McLean supplying for Thommo. We are the only team in the UK who have yet to keep a clean sheet. If we start keeping clean sheets we pick up points. Points are what we need.

You are clearly just posting nonsense for the sake of it now if you are now claiming that a team is about to go in to February without a single clean sheet does not have a major problem in defence.

You moaned and complained about Danny Lennon when he was doing a fine job, then bumped your gums about Tommy Craig being fine when he was clearly utterly clueless. Either you don't have a clue about football or you are like a couple of other posters here and only happy if you can make yourself the centre of attention on a thread.

Why is wanting to have a discussion about tactics and how we line up across the midfield "an agenda"? There were already a few interesting posts made on the point, sadly that discussion will be closed now because it will be page after page of you wittering on about agendas, being better than Ross County, and only losing goals due to refs, deflections, offsides and divots on the pitch....

Hold on.... You post in the OP that we have the worst defence in the UK.

I point out this is demonstrably false. Indeed we don't even half the worst defence in the Scottish top flight. Actually, we don't even have the second worst!

Then you throw your toys out the pram and tell me to give it a rest.... What a riddy :lol:

Hold on.... You post in the OP that we have the worst defence in the UK.

I point out this is demonstrably false.

It's also demonstrably true because we haven't kept a single clean sheet.

Ultimately, it would be better to lose 4-0 and win 1-0, than to draw 1-1 and lose 2-1, even though our last two results involve scoring more goals and conceding fewer goals. A team that can't keep a clean sheet will draw games it should win, and lose games it should draw - our last two games are a case in point.

You're arguing for the sake of arguing, and you're wrong just like you were insufferably wrong about Craig and our prospects this season.

It's also demonstrably true because we haven't kept a single clean sheet.

Ultimately, it would be better to lose 4-0 and win 1-0, than to draw 1-1 and lose 2-1, even though our last two results involve scoring more goals and conceding fewer goals. A team that can't keep a clean sheet will draw games it should win, and lose games it should draw - our last two games are a case in point.

You're arguing for the sake of arguing, and you're wrong just like you were insufferably wrong about Craig and our prospects this season.

I must have missed the part in the league rules where clean sheets count for anything.

Let's be hypothetical and say we hadn't lost that meaningless consolation at Dens a few weeks back and had won 3-0... But we had lost 5-1 to Celtic instead of 4-1 at Parkhead. So our goal difference was exactly the same, but we'd managed a clean sheet. Would our defence suddenly not be the worst in the UK? What rubbish! :lol:

Goal difference does count of course, and our goal difference is the best in the bottom 3. Mainly because we have the best defence out of the 3, as the facts clearly show.

As for being wrong about Craig, I said it was the wrong appointment but I'd give him a chance. What was wrong about that? He was the wrong appointment.

I must have missed the part in the league rules where clean sheets count for anything..

If you get a clean sheet then you're guaranteed at least a point. It's not in the rules but I've not ever known any team to be beaten after recording a clean sheet.

Had we managed this after scoring first against the 2 Dundee teams we would have been 5 points better off.

Edited by Kendo

If you get a clean sheet then you're guaranteed at least a point. It's not in the rules but I've not ever known any team to be beaten after recording a clean sheet.

Had we managed this after scoring first against the 2 Dundee teams we would have been 5 points better off.

But of course, if you score more goals than your opponent you win. And we had chances to do that in both games.

It's better to win 2-1 than 1-0, as goals scored could be a factor in the final league placings.

But of course, if you score more goals than your opponent you win. And we had chances to do that in both games.It's better to win 2-1 than 1-0, as goals scored could be a factor in the final league placings.

You're not quite getting it.

Had we won our last 2 home games 1-0 instead of losing some cheap goals and drawing 1-1 and losing 1-2 then that would have have a huge impact on our league placing. We didn't win these games 2-1 we drew and lost from a winning position.

3, but that doesn't count in the "keeping a clean sheet" department, the final score was 0-0. If the final score was recorded as 3-2 for Brazil then you might have had a point. The fact that they really did get, how did you put it, "beaten after recording a clean sheet" (i.e. the final score was 0-0 and so they had their clean sheet before the first penalty was taken) is also apparently irrelevant in your eyes. But don't let facts get in the way of your opinions. :whistle Right, where did I put that wooden spoon as the metal one I was using just got melted by the steam coming out your ears - was that how Uri Geller did it?

As you quite rightly point out they had a clean sheet before the first penalty was scored, so had the keeper saved every penalty they wouldn't have lost.

Edited by Kendo

You're not quite getting it.

Had we won our last 2 home games 1-0 instead of losing some cheap goals and drawing 1-1 and losing 1-2 then that would have have a huge impact on our league placing. We didn't win these games 2-1 we drew and lost from a winning position.

Neither are you. Had we won them 2-1 or 3-2 as we could have, then that would have had an equally huge impact on our league placing.

In the Utd game we defended very well, and restricted the best attacking side in the country to very few opportunities.

We are 11th in the league and we have the 10th best defence.

Indeed 10th and 12th have both played less games than we have, yet both have conceded more goals than we have. Motherwell have conceded 4 more despite having played a game less, County 3 more despite having played 2 games less.

Would seem the facts aren't lining up with some agendas on here. No change there then.

clean sheet ?

Neither are you. Had we won them 2-1 or 3-2 as we could have, then that would have had an equally huge impact on our league placing.

In the Utd game we defended very well, and restricted the best attacking side in the country to very few opportunities.

so, apart from all the goals we concede, its only the lack of goals that we score that is holding us back?