Clarkson Suspended From Top Gear.

pozbaird

Unlike you, it seems, I don't give a f**k about Clarkson. I'm more concerned about justice, you know, taking all the facts, making an informed decision and getting the right result - that's why the sevco situation pisses me off too. Nobody should be treated any better or worse than anybody else just because of who they are. If this was some nobody reported in the paper for punching someone, you wouldn't give a toss about it.

If you're so sure about all this answer these questions - they should be quite easy for you. Did he punch the guy? If he did, why did he do it? Did the other guy punch or threaten him? Not just your opinion here, facts, backed up with evidence if you don't mind - and before the BBC enquiry is held and we all know.

If you check my posts you'll see i refer to the "alleged/supposed" punch, hit or whatever, and the reaction of his employers to suspend him and the programme. My point being the irony of so many who rush to defend him when he is just an odious, racist prat, and this is yet another episode going by his reported comments whereby everyone will just let it slide because of who he is, and the money his show makes.

Your rant above does not cover what i have said, i haven't claimed any knowledge other than what is reported. And I would like to see 'justice' done without fear or favour shown. Sadly as far as the racist person concerned goes it hasn't happened so far. That said with the beeb making a public statement that they wont have anymore all male panels on shows.... Perhaps they are happy to turn the Clarkson hype around to stick a female in the Top Gear driving seat?

If you check my posts you'll see i refer to the "alleged/supposed" punch, hit or whatever, and the reaction of his employers to suspend him and the programme. My point being the irony of so many who rush to defend him when he is just an odious, racist prat, and this is yet another episode going by his reported comments whereby everyone will just let it slide because of who he is, and the money his show makes.

Your rant above does not cover what i have said, i haven't claimed any knowledge other than what is reported. And I would like to see 'justice' done without fear or favour shown. Sadly as far as the racist person concerned goes it hasn't happened so far. That said with the beeb making a public statement that they wont have anymore all male panels on shows.... Perhaps they are happy to turn the Clarkson hype around to stick a female in the Top Gear driving seat?

A genuine question. Why do you continually mention the 'racist' thing over and over again ad nauseum in regard to Clarkson thumping somebody? He has been tried over that and it's out of the equation. You managed to allude to it twice in this current rant. Why is a previous racist remark being brought into this? Previous for GBH might be relevant and he did famously hing one on Piers Morgan's chin. I don't particularly like Morgan but he did offer Clarkson a square go afterwards which Clarkson declined. I don't particularly like Clarkson either but the show is good. So why are you harping on about the racist thing?

A genuine question. Why do you continually mention the 'racist' thing over and over again ad nauseum in regard to Clarkson thumping somebody? He has been tried over that and it's out of the equation. You managed to allude to it twice in this current rant. Why is a previous racist remark being brought into this? Previous for GBH might be relevant and he did famously hing one on Piers Morgan's chin. I don't particularly like Morgan but he did offer Clarkson a square go afterwards which Clarkson declined. I don't particularly like Clarkson either but the show is good. So why are you harping on about the racist thing?

It seems Clarkson's political persuasion is an important factor as well.

It seems Clarkson's political persuasion is an important factor as well.

It's certainly another reason I wouldn't indulge the "show".

I often wonder how much is the real Clarkson and how much is the pandering-to-middle-England-values character he plays. And, if this incident is just another part of the script/character, it's genius. It's achieved exactly what it set out to achieve and has got everyone, me included, commenting on it.

Err.... That'll be because he is one! Its not like he's reformed. He even has the infamous anti Scottish racist Katie Hopkins as his cheerleader!

Almost three quarters of a million signatures in 24 hours: clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson?source_location=trending_petitions_home_page&algorithm=curated_trending

Get it signed , you know you want to. thumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gif

You're a bad man. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

PS Just checked, Poz & Lord Saddo have signed it. whistling.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Err.... That'll be because he is one! Its not like he's reformed. He even has the infamous anti Scottish racist Katie Hopkins as his cheerleader!

Is he? I don't recall him ever being found guilty of racist behaviour in a court of law. An ignorant buffoon, yes. Insensitive and intolerant, yes. Offensive, absolutely. The kind of guy you couldn't spend 5 minutes with before you'd want to deck him, certainly. But racist?

Whatever the circumstances, this is a very important part. Clarkson is obviously regarded as the star of a popular show, and revels in his kind of boorish, 'political correctness has gone mad' image. His popularity and star status give him a power above everyone else working on that show, and he and everyone else will be aware of that. I would suggest that had the producer punched Clarkson, that would have immediately have been deemed as completely unacceptable, and the producer would already be on his way out of the door. The producer would know that and so would Clarkson. So it's not a matter of two equals having a go at each other, if he's guilty then it's someone in a position of power feeling able to throw his weight around, knowing full well that the other guy is not in a position to retaliate.

Is he? I don't recall him ever being found guilty of racist behaviour in a court of law. An ignorant buffoon, yes. Insensitive and intolerant, yes. Offensive, absolutely. The kind of guy you couldn't spend 5 minutes with before you'd want to deck him, certainly. But racist?

His employers have reprimanded him twice! For racist comments and told him the next time he crosses the line he's out!

Now that is factual evidrnce that has forced him to apologise in the media twice for msking racist comments.

But it has nothing to do with whether or not he is guilty of anything here. This is why an accused's previous convictions aren't brought up before a verdict in court.

The question was why did i call him racist, the answer is him having to apologise twice for it within twelve months. This time he's up for assaulting a colleague in the workplace allegedly because he didn't get the dinner he wanted. Nice man.