As A Fan Does Relegation Mean That Much ?

This is far better thread than the sack whoever theme.

Well I really enjoyed our promo seasons in 1977, 2000 and 2005, and TBH and really hope we get what we deserve this year and that is 12th, trouble is next year we might win 10-12 games but that's it. We are just in our depth in SPL but that means we actually have one of the worst win ratios in Scottish History as when we are in top division we struggle.

We clearly don't have a BOD that wants us to prosper at this level, all indications are survive at best. Appointments that baffle, players that's other teams don't want, I don't see the Saints I fell for under Fergie, and the glimmer to our past that Danny gave us in 2013.

Like Fergie his reward was not supported by the BOD

So as a true fan that makes me want to go every week, Give me a league that's got Rankers, Morton, Well, Falkirk, QOS, Alloa, Dumbarton and whoever else. And a top 4 finish and some plays offs please

Well, as a fan it is a desperate thought to see the club get relegated. Moreso this season as imo it is a pile of self inlicted relegation poop we are in. I'm all a bit meh about it if truth be told. Could I genuinely give a phuck , I used to , but less so these days

The club is about to enter a significant era of transformation, it needs gutted, the hangover has lasted since day 1 this season and shows no signs of clearing. Relegation could have profound consequences for St Mirren.

If anything, I am annoyed tbh, this isn't about a result here or there or a dodgy ref decision, a couple of bad games, a conspiratorial injustice even, nope, this is all about the club realising the reward for the shocking malaise that it has been mired in for an unacceptably long period.

On that basis, I am basically, simply underwhelmed, it just means that for St Mirren fans we enter a more diddy level of football, in a set up that frankly is dying on its arse in any case.

Sparce crowds, scattered amongst blocks and blocks of empty seats in ghostly stands, artificial pitches, ( in a professional era, really ) a complete entertainment turn off, Sportscene (ffs) the continued reverence of likely future meetings between the Glasgow bigots, no ta, I'm fair skunnert with it all tbh, the Scottish game, well its tired, mediocre shit at best

My son wants to go see more EPL games, who can blame him, I think I would do as well........................

Ok sparse crowds my friend- Hamilton County 1500 fans. The fact Hamilton topped our league that Dundee will prob be top 6, the fact that Hamiliton, Killie play on plastic, the fact that United sell their best players to Tic as we do to Dons. Our League is a total joke. We just happen to be bottom of pile. SPL is a joke SFA are a joke. Fact that 2 teams in Cup are from Championship shows its an extension rather than a different league

Ok sparse crowds my friend- Hamilton County 1500 fans. The fact Hamilton topped our league that Dundee will prob be top 6, the fact that Hamiliton, Killie play on plastic, the fact that United sell their best players to Tic as we do to Dons. Our League is a total joke. We just happen to be bottom of pile. SPL is a joke SFA are a joke. Fact that 2 teams in Cup are from Championship shows its an extension rather than a different league

You sound like an OF supporter. Just because Saints are shite doesn't mean everything in Scottish football is shite too.

Either way we're going down no ifs or buts about it. To be honest the Tom Hendrie promotion season was one of the best I can remember as a fan.

FFS, another supporter who's forgot your meant to have belief & faith if the team are to have any. ????

PS Relegation would be a disaster, all these romantic notions are obviously drink fueled or the early signs of dementia.

Edited by faraway saint

Either way we're going down no ifs or buts about it. To be honest the Tom Hendrie promotion season was one of the best I can remember as a fan.

Yes the Tom Hendrie season was fantastic, and in a different way the season Gus took us up was fantastic too, although nowhere near as entertaining.

Those fans of my age will tell you 1976-77 was even better than the Hendrie season, when we won the 1st Division under Alex Ferguson with a young swashbuckling team who were a joy to watch.

I'm not quite old enough to have been there in 1967-68 when we won the old 2nd Division but I'm pretty sure that would have been fantastic as well.

The problem is that for each of the championship winning years that I can remember we had several seasons of utter shite to put up with beforehand. And I mean real shite, much worse than now, losing to the likes of Stenhousemuir and East Stirling at home in the early 70's, losing 5-0 at home to QOS in '74 just before Fergie was appointed, getting doings off Dumbarton and Alloa in the 90's and noughties.

If we were guaranteed an exciting title challenge in the Championship and could be reasonably certain of coming back up in even a few years I could live with it. But there are no guarantees and we could sink like a stone if we're not careful.

Anyone thinking relegation might not be too bad should think on. It could be a long time before we make it back to the top flight or the latter stages of the major cup competitions if it happens.

Yes the Tom Hendrie season was fantastic, and in a different way the season Gus took us up was fantastic too, although nowhere near as entertaining.

Those fans of my age will tell you 1976-77 was even better than the Hendrie season, when we won the 1st Division under Alex Ferguson with a young swashbuckling team who were a joy to watch.

I'm not quite old enough to have been there in 1967-68 when we won the old 2nd Division but I'm pretty sure that would have been fantastic as well.

The problem is that for each of the championship winning years that I can remember we had several seasons of utter shite to put up with beforehand. And I mean real shite, much worse than now, losing to the likes of Stenhousemuir and East Stirling at home in the early 70's, losing 5-0 at home to QOS in '74 just before Fergie was appointed, getting doings off Dumbarton and Alloa in the 90's and noughties.

If we were guaranteed an exciting title challenge in the Championship and could be reasonably certain of coming back up in even a few years I could live with it. But there are no guarantees and we could sink like a stone if we're not careful.

Anyone thinking relegation might not be too bad should think on. It could be a long time before we make it back to the top flight or the latter stages of the major cup competitions if it happens.

The Fergie promotion season was the best ever, in terms of excitement and atmosphere, and a 'togetherness' in the town. The forays into Europe and the Anglo-Scottish were very enjoyable too, but 76/77 wins it hands down.