Football Finances

bluto

I'm sure there was a report last week which said 29 out of the top 30 clubs in Scotland were financially stable.

Don't see how relegation will be a 'catastrophe' for us as he puts it. We have no debt and we own our own training facility and stadium.

We have 6 or 7 players contracted for next season, all of them are under 25 and will be on relatively modest contracts.

We will simply cut our cloth accordingly and reduce expenditure as income reduces. As we have done before and will do again.

Just one thing, Goodwin and Teale are definitely not under 25.

Well Teale is the manager. Goodwin's contract scenario isn't clear. He signed a 2 year deal as a player/assistant manager.

That contract was clearly altered when TC was sacked.

And you stated 6 or 7 players. If you don't include they two you would only have 4 or 5 players under contract for next season with the "or" being the option on Ball.

You can't have it both ways.

So I overestimated the amount of players we had under contract then? My bad, but even better news for our finances if we were to be relegated.

I'm sure there was a report last week which said 29 out of the top 30 clubs in Scotland were financially stable.

Don't see how relegation will be a 'catastrophe' for us as he puts it. We have no debt and we own our own training facility and stadium.

We have 6 or 7 players contracted for next season, all of them are under 25 and will be on relatively modest contracts.

We will simply cut our cloth accordingly and reduce expenditure as income reduces. As we have done before and will do again.

We don't. It's leased.

So smug, if you were made of chocolate you would lick yourself to death.

It doesn't matter if we are relegated then? So what's the bloody point of turning up?

If that report is true then we're looking at a £600k loss this year. That's following £600k over the previous 2 seasons.

If that is true and it is a genuine loss rather than depreciation, then maybe fans need to start understanding basic arithmetic before they accuse others of penny pinching.

Either way, you could never dress up a £1.2m loss over 3 years as financial prudence.

So smug, if you were made of chocolate you would lick yourself to death.

It doesn't matter if we are relegated then? So what's the bloody point of turning up?

Eh? Where did I say it doesn't matter if we are relegated?

It matters in a footballing sense. It wouldn't be a financial catastrophe though.

If that report is true then we're looking at a £600k loss this year. That's following £600k over the previous 2 seasons.

If that is true and it is a genuine loss rather than depreciation, then maybe fans need to start understanding basic arithmetic before they accuse others of penny pinching.

Either way, you could never dress up a £1.2m loss over 3 years as financial prudence.

Well the vast majority is asset depreciation isn't it. We don't have that much money to lose.

if its true we are losing so much money how can the selling board be

asking for a ridiculous amount for the club

i will give them a £ for it

to take it off there hands thats what its worth and if they wait until we go down

it will be 28p

and i will put the cost off buying it against the club like the glaziers did

We don't have any access to bank debt.

We didn't have £600k in the bank at the start of the financial year.

Are the directors really going to lend the club £600k to keep us afloat?

These figures must be totally made up.

Someone told me we did have some cash flow problems but this was a 5 figure sum, McLean was sold to ease the cash flow issue.