James Keatings

Well do you think Keatings will sign for us when he will most definitely be offered a premiership gig?

I wasn't trying to be defeatist, just realistic.

Vambo is right though Stevie. If the club gives up on a player on the basis that they assume he will sign for a bigger club anyway the club definitely won't be signing him and in my opinion it would be missing out on a very capable striker who could just be looking for a club where he can start every match. Keats lives in Wishaw - less than 30 minutes drive from Ralston and Paisley. In my opinion if St Mirren recruit the right coaches to the club the club could well be a good fit for the lad. Certainly there is plenty he could learn off Stephen Thompson if he's hanging around.

Well do you think Keatings will sign for us when he will most definitely be offered a premiership gig?

I wasn't trying to be defeatist, just realistic.

Ah... the old "I'm realist, not defeatist" line.

You said "No chance" Stevie. Sounds pretty final to me, but we know what Clairvoyants are.

Why not say "I don't THINK he'll sign for us" or something like that? It's not as if the guy is a world-class player, way out of our range.

Me? I haven't got a clue if we'll sign him or even speak to him, but I certainly would not discount it out-of-hand like some.

I know we're looking for a wind of change but I'm not sure Kirkwood would bring much to the team. Has a lot upfront mind you.

Dafty... he obviously meant Vorderman to improve our statistics.

Dafties... this is who I meant...

_40038569_keatinghat_bbc.jpg

Ah... the old "I'm realist, not defeatist" line.

You said "No chance" Stevie. Sounds pretty final to me, but we know what Clairvoyants are.

Why not say "I don't THINK he'll sign for us" or something like that? It's not as if the guy is a world-class player, way out of our range.

Me? I haven't got a clue if we'll sign him or even speak to him, but I certainly would not discount it out-of-hand like some.

Where did I say he was a world class player??

I didn't say "I don't think we will sign him" because I think there's no chance we will sign him, simple!

I may be wrong as I don't know who our signing targets are, it's just my opinion.

I'm allowed mine, the same as you're allowed yours.

Vambo is right though Stevie. If the club gives up on a player on the basis that they assume he will sign for a bigger club anyway the club definitely won't be signing him and in my opinion it would be missing out on a very capable striker who could just be looking for a club where he can start every match. Keats lives in Wishaw - less than 30 minutes drive from Ralston and Paisley. In my opinion if St Mirren recruit the right coaches to the club the club could well be a good fit for the lad. Certainly there is plenty he could learn off Stephen Thompson if he's hanging around.

I agree, I don't think the club should assume he wouldn't come to us. All I was saying was I doubt he will sign for us.

I would be very surprised if a bottom 6 premiership club isn't interested in him.