New 1877 Members Only Supporters Club

It was initially meant as a throwaway comment.

However, the point still stands - the board make decisions on how money is spent. Always have, always will unless a club is run as a one member, one vote organisation.

I don't particularly agree with this scheme, however I don't understand the outrage about how season ticket and other perceived individual money is spent.

Not outrage, total lack of understanding more like.

I heard from a good source that next years ST are going up in price to pay for strippers.

I'm absolutely feckin outraged why a so called family club is going to pay for strippers.

Especially as not every ST holder will see these strippers in action.

It's a disgrace.

Then I heard the increase is to fund Paint strippers to remove the black paint on the away dressing room.

That's even worse no fans will see them.

Personally I don't think the membership system is going to work out long term and I would much rather have had a mix of members and pay on the day punters rather than exclusively members.

That said, I am really pleased the space has been kitted out as I am sure it will be able to generate revenue for the club over and above matchdays just as the corporate suite does. It will be able to cater for events that the corporate suite can't and that can only be a good thing in my opinion.

I'm sure if the numbers aren't stacking up after a while then the membership system may change.

I've signed up, really only to help get it off the ground and get it done. If I find I don't like it or I'm not using it then I'll cancel my subscription. The £50 I'll have invested up front will have helped to get the place built. I'll be quite happy to write that investment off if I find the place isn't for me on a week to week basis.

Same reason I give SMiSA a membership subscription every month. I don't agree with everything they do, but I accept the guys running the show are doing their level best and have the aim of helping the club. Same as the fans council guys do.

Why folk bitch about these guys is really beyond me.

what the real sickeners are in this sorry clusterf**k, to add to all the other clusterf**ks this out of touch board have visited on the club are the fact the Fans Council.... Who seek no input on anything from the wider fan base! will be as smug as f**k they have got the club to build them their own private wee club, using £50k or more of funds the board insist to us and the management team they simply dont have.

The youth set up rely on Smisa to fund their equipment, the manager just didnt have the funds to attract the players he wanted in the transfer window.... But the board found tens of thousands to fund a venture that has a potential customer base of..... 250.

I struggle to understand how anyone in business can sqander so much on such a limited from the outset return?

This wont bother the Fans Council though As they spend a paltry amount at the bar everyone else paid for. They will firmly believe they are contributing to the club as they discuss how "my conservatory is better than yours" and "what are you driving this year".... This private club symbolises why real fans are voting with their feet as they become disgusted with being treated as fools.

Is it any coincidence the price of a ST or match ticket at our ground is way over the odds, as the board piss tens of thousands down the drain on this cockamamie venture, yet refuse to even tell Smisa if they will or won't accept their offer to buy the majority shareholding... No wonder club employees are jumping ship, who wants all these clusterf**ks on their CV's.

What stands out time and time again is the response to my post quoted here...

It consists of abuse and............ Well thats it, no counter points, no debate just the lowest common denominator. Whats does that say about the posters?

Personally I don't think the membership system is going to work out long term and I would much rather have had a mix of members and pay on the day punters rather than exclusively members.

That said, I am really pleased the space has been kitted out as I am sure it will be able to generate revenue for the club over and above matchdays just as the corporate suite does. It will be able to cater for events that the corporate suite can't and that can only be a good thing in my opinion.

I'm sure if the numbers aren't stacking up after a while then the membership system may change.

I've signed up, really only to help get it off the ground and get it done. If I find I don't like it or I'm not using it then I'll cancel my subscription. The £50 I'll have invested up front will have helped to get the place built. I'll be quite happy to write that investment off if I find the place isn't for me on a week to week basis.

Same reason I give SMiSA a membership subscription every month. I don't agree with everything they do, but I accept the guys running the show are doing their level best and have the aim of helping the club. Same as the fans council guys do.

Totally agree, I signed up for the same reasons.

Not bitching about the fans council at all, i am not too happy that the Bod used everyones' cash to build a pub to which a vast majority of those who pay to get into games and whose money was used to build it cannot get into it.

I am fully aware the fans council do work to help the club, but it is not the fans councils pub so quite why you think i am bitching about them is baffling. You do seem to have a habit of misquoting me though.

Not bitching about the fans council at all, i am not too happy that the Bod used everyones' cash to build a pub to which a vast majority of those who pay to get into games and whose money was used to build it cannot get into it.

I am fully aware the fans council do work to help the club, but it is not the fans councils pub so quite why you think i am bitching about them is baffling. You do seem to have a habit of misquoting me though.

Careful... The tapes will be made public to incriminate you!

I pointed out that the fans council stated that the club was meeting the majority of the cost and then a fans council member stated that the club wasn't paying any!

If they can't get their story straight then they are open to criticism, it's hardly bitching.

They represent the support so the support should be allowed to question their projects.

No?

I pointed out that the fans council stated that the club was meeting the majority of the cost and then a fans council member stated that the club wasn't paying any!

If they can't get their story straight then they are open to criticism, it's hardly bitching.

They represent the support so the support should be allowed to question their projects.

No?

You would think, but apparently you are just supposed to pony up the dough and never question how its being spent on their pals.

If Smisa ever become the majority shareholders then they'll have the job of sorting out this ill conceived pile of doggie doo!

No?

Have you contacted the fans council or the club to raise your concerns?

Didn't quote you. Didn't even mention you.

I was "bitching" as you put it, about the cost being met by the club, so were you on about all the other posters "bitching" and leaving me out of it - don't think so.

Misquoting was the wrong word for me to use right enough, misunderstanding would have been better.

Edited by buddiecat

Both the statements by the council and council member were posted on this very thread, are you implying I can't reply on the same thread?

A strange response. I'm not implying anything. I just asked if you had contacted either the club or the fans council to raise your concerns.

A strange response. I'm not implying anything. I just asked if you had contacted either the club or the fans council to raise your concerns.

Why would I when this forum seems to be the choosen platform for the council to contradict themselves? Im just using the same platform to query it.

Surely the club won't divulge their financial dealings to some stranger online, I see no point contacting them.