New 1877 Members Only Supporters Club

Were season ticket holders consulted on other spending that will never bear fruit, like Gow?

It doesn't really matter where the money came from. Fact is the club according to the fans council paid the majority of the cost. It's a supporters bar that adds over £100 to the cost of your season ticket before you even spend a penny in it.

It's not financially accessible to the majority of the support. Which doesn't make it a supporter's bar but a private members bar.

There's the potential to make 1000s every home game operating it as a normal bar but the club don't want to.

Who will actually be running the bar? Is it the club or does the fans council have to arrange their own staffing etc?

I respect your reasons for getting involved and everyone else who have the disposable income to pay into it but you are just one example how imo it will fail.

How many other members are paying into this but will not use it. The fans council will be depending on members not only paying their tenner but also spending their money within it.

Meanwhile the fans that attend every week will still be spending their money in Paisley pre-match when that money could easily be going to the club.

I don't disagree and my preferred model is open to all and 1 out 1 in when capacity is reached. I've said so a few times but here & now, this is the model on offer. I have bought into it in the hope, my small contribution goes someway in getting the opening of a supporters bar realised.

To date that is happening.

After the initial burst of enthusiasm for it, if it looks likely that the membership needs reconsidering, once again, I will suggest Open to all, 1st come 1st served and 1 out 1 in.

I'll inform the FC when I will be using the bar and in between, they'll be able to let another non member in as that's by booking in advance.

I hope that makes sense.

I think the point that Buddiecat is making is that , should you so wish , you could avail yourself of the hospitality (at a fee of course) but to enter the 1877 club you would have to take out a membership .

You have the choice to do both or neither.

But he says,why should the club use the money gathered from the whole support to benefit a very small band of fans ? (not my opinion)

No matter what the club do , there will always be those that can & cant avail themselves of the facilities. The club are (rightly so) spending money on improved disabled facilities which will not benefit me ..... should i feel short changed ? No , of course not

The club spent money on a car park & sold a limited amount of spaces to the fans who could afford it or who wanted to use it , not for me thanks . That is why we have a board of directors , they make decisions. we sometimes disagree but do we have a right to dictate to them where & how money from the fans should be spent ? No.

We can disagree, we can voice our opinions , we can withhold our support /money but when the club /fans come up with an enterprise like the 1877 club we can opt in or opt out .... our choice.

As i have said previously , i was sceptical of the club at inception but it is difficult to criticise efforts to better the club & i believe this will be a benefit to the club & support moving forward.

The club are (rightly so) spending money on improved disabled facilities which will not benefit me .....

The club had no intention of spending money on improved disabled facilities and still don't!

The only reason it is happening is because they lost the gold standard stadium rating as it was downgraded to silver. No doubt this impacts on hosting international u21 games etc so they had to make improvements.

Disabled supporters had been trying to get improved facilities since the stadium opened to no avail.

Even now it's only going to go ahead if the club get a grant to do it. If not then 'other' funding options will be looked at. No doubt this will then become a fans council initiative to raise the funds.

The stadium rating comes before disabled fans. Nothing to be proud of imo

Edited by dastardly77

Can just imagine clowns like "oaksoft" and "knob in EK" back slapping each other and high fives to each other when it opens, standing with their orange juices...thinking not long till wee own a football club as well, poor deluded fools...would not step foot in this members/deluded club/pub whatever it is, till it is run as a pay as you go bar. The only sensible option...hope they way it is set up and being run that it falls firmly on its arse...

The club had no intention of spending money on improved disabled facilities and still don't!

The only reason it is happening is because they lost the gold standard stadium rating as it was downgraded to silver. No doubt this impacts on hosting international u21 games etc so they had to make improvements.

Disabled supporters had been trying to get improved facilities since the stadium opened to no avail.

Even now it's only going to go ahead if the club get a grant to do it. If not then 'other' funding options will be looked at. No doubt this will then become a fans council initiative to raise the funds.

The stadium rating comes before disabled fans. Nothing to be proud of imo

I will bow to your superior knowledge on that one Bud. I am not aware what the ins & outs of it are.

Can just imagine clowns like "oaksoft" and "knob in EK" back slapping each other and high fives to each other when it opens, standing with their orange juices...thinking not long till wee own a football club as well, poor deluded fools...would not step foot in this members/deluded club/pub whatever it is, till it is run as a pay as you go bar. The only sensible option...hope they way it is set up and being run that it falls firmly on its arse...

We .

Clown.

Guest TPAFKATS

Gow is not a facility

It was initially meant as a throwaway comment.

However, the point still stands - the board make decisions on how money is spent. Always have, always will unless a club is run as a one member, one vote organisation.

I don't particularly agree with this scheme, however I don't understand the outrage about how season ticket and other perceived individual money is spent.

what the real sickeners are in this sorry clusterf**k, to add to all the other clusterf**ks this out of touch board have visited on the club are the fact the Fans Council.... Who seek no input on anything from the wider fan base! will be as smug as f**k they have got the club to build them their own private wee club, using £50k or more of funds the board insist to us and the management team they simply dont have.

The youth set up rely on Smisa to fund their equipment, the manager just didnt have the funds to attract the players he wanted in the transfer window.... But the board found tens of thousands to fund a venture that has a potential customer base of..... 250.

I struggle to understand how anyone in business can sqander so much on such a limited from the outset return?

This wont bother the Fans Council though As they spend a paltry amount at the bar everyone else paid for. They will firmly believe they are contributing to the club as they discuss how "my conservatory is better than yours" and "what are you driving this year".... This private club symbolises why real fans are voting with their feet as they become disgusted with being treated as fools.

Is it any coincidence the price of a ST or match ticket at our ground is way over the odds, as the board piss tens of thousands down the drain on this cockamamie venture, yet refuse to even tell Smisa if they will or won't accept their offer to buy the majority shareholding... No wonder club employees are jumping ship, who wants all these clusterf**ks on their CV's.

It was initially meant as a throwaway comment.

However, the point still stands - the board make decisions on how money is spent. Always have, always will unless a club is run as a one member, one vote organisation.

I don't particularly agree with this scheme, however I don't understand the outrage about how season ticket and other perceived individual money is spent.

Every time the club does something there are always people outraged.

Outraged we don't have a bar,

outraged we are building a bar,

outraged at the 10000 hours bid,

outraged the club isn't sold,

outraged the games aren't called off early,

outraged that fans were clearing the pitch of snow,

outraged about the tannoy system.

I could go on and on. It would appear that the only thing our club does is outrage people.

The fact is our club is well run and have got more things right than wrong over the years. This new bar is an asset and long overdue, it might not be perfect but it an improvement on what we had before. At least people who were outraged that we didn't have a bar have something else to be outraged about.

I could go on and on. It would appear that the only thing our club does is outrage people.

The fact is our club is well run and have got more things right than wrong over the years. This new bar is an asset and long overdue, it might not be perfect but it an improvement on what we had before. At least people who were outraged that we didn't have a bar have something else to be outraged about.

Outraged that they never interact with the people who provide the funds for them to spend! Can you add that to the list please.

I think you missed out "outraged in relation to the suggestion that it's possible for snow to be heavier in different parts of Scotland than in others". whistling.gif

Personally I paid my ST to watch Saint Mirren. I bought a product, poor as it has been, and knew the cost. No one conned me. How the club uses funds is up to them. I didn't take up the offer to join the supporters club so don't expect to use that facility unless the rules change. I have no problem with this and don't understand the logic of those who do.

Edited by stlucifer

You truly are obsessed.

You need help sonny.

Therapy may be beyond your level of stalking and obsession!

what the real sickeners are in this sorry clusterf**k, to add to all the other clusterf**ks this out of touch board have visited on the club are the fact the Fans Council.... Who seek no input on anything from the wider fan base! will be as smug as f**k they have got the club to build them their own private wee club, using £50k or more of funds the board insist to us and the management team they simply dont have.

The youth set up rely on Smisa to fund their equipment, the manager just didnt have the funds to attract the players he wanted in the transfer window.... But the board found tens of thousands to fund a venture that has a potential customer base of..... 250.

I struggle to understand how anyone in business can sqander so much on such a limited from the outset return?

This wont bother the Fans Council though As they spend a paltry amount at the bar everyone else paid for. They will firmly believe they are contributing to the club as they discuss how "my conservatory is better than yours" and "what are you driving this year".... This private club symbolises why real fans are voting with their feet as they become disgusted with being treated as fools.

Is it any coincidence the price of a ST or match ticket at our ground is way over the odds, as the board piss tens of thousands down the drain on this cockamamie venture, yet refuse to even tell Smisa if they will or won't accept their offer to buy the majority shareholding... No wonder club employees are jumping ship, who wants all these clusterf**ks on their CV's.

The rantings of one very acute bellend, a very acute bellend indeed.